New Signings

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: New Signings

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
Past signings show the board can get it right if they dont go for randomers from abroad for example: imrie, mcgovern, andreu, curier, jesus. These are the sort of players we need to bring in. Players that are proven at a lower level and are hungry to succeed.

Exactly Hamilton1 not big name signings but as you say proven but with potential to add value and move on. So far however we seem to be shopping Poundland rather than John Lewis. As an aside while I’m not advocating 3 year contracts if they are drawn up correctly with a relegation clause that reduces salaries accordingly then they don’t need to be a financial millstone. indeed they can be an incentive to the player to avoid relegation.

Understand your point re contracts; as long as we all understand that a club offering 3 year deals will be attractive to players, particularly if they have no strings. Shopping in Poundland - well harsh on two counts as this kind of purchase has served us not too badly in the past and secondly we have not done any purchasing yet. Yes the guy from Dumbarton looks like it on - but why is he poundland when players from elsewhere in that league are causing panic when Dundee sign them?

The club has a record of spending reasonable money - its May - lets give the club room to see what happens.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Alfie Olek wrote:
Past signings show the board can get it right if they dont go for randomers from abroad for example: imrie, mcgovern, andreu, curier, jesus. These are the sort of players we need to bring in. Players that are proven at a lower level and are hungry to succeed.

Exactly Hamilton1 not big name signings but as you say proven but with potential to add value and move on. So far however we seem to be shopping Poundland rather than John Lewis. As an aside while I’m not advocating 3 year contracts if they are drawn up correctly with a relegation clause that reduces salaries accordingly then they don’t need to be a financial millstone. indeed they can be an incentive to the player to avoid relegation.

Understand your point re contracts; as long as we all understand that a club offering 3 year deals will be attractive to players, particularly if they have no strings. Shopping in Poundland - well harsh on two counts as this kind of purchase has served us not too badly in the past and secondly we have not done any purchasing yet. Yes the guy from Dumbarton looks like it on - but why is he poundland when players from elsewhere in that league are causing panic when Dundee sign them?

The club has a record of spending reasonable money - its May - lets give the club room to see what happens.

Completely agree that we shouldn't be panicking at the moment as the window shuts in more than 3 months. However, Chris Turner, Alan Martin and Christian Nade are poor compared to Kevin Holt, Darryll Meggatt, Rory Loy and Kane Hemmings.
Our January signings were poor as well. Sumsky's disappeared off the face of the planet, Hasselbaink was really poor and no longer here and Scotland was hardly inspired. Lucas looks good though.
I suppose it begs the question whether the same people signing McGovern, 22 etc are the same signing Hasselbaink and Sumsky.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Loy, Hemmings etc are on double what we can afford for 3 years so lets stop making comparisons to them. Loy is getting made out to be a superstar - but a superstar in a team that is not getting close to the premier.

January was poor but its fair to assume that the previous management team were involved in identifying potential targets for January?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Davidson1874 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:21 pm

£150k-£200k :D brilliant.

Let's be honest, not one of us has a clue how much it takes to run a football club, for all we know the directors may be owed ££££ from their investments over the years (changing the pitch 3 times) not to mention the potential shortfall from income to outgoings over the years.

A 200k signing commands wages in line with such a fee, what do we do in 2 years when that contract expires, the player can walk away and command a bigger wage elsewhere if that club are getting him for nothing and we have to replace him with another 200k player or do we offer him another improved contract?
To fuck with a wage structure lets just go mental!!! Pay players like Crawford Ziggy GG (who have played a huge role in getting us where we are today) buttons but throw money at the likes of Rory Loy who has scored ZERO premier league goals.

Mental
Davidson1874
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:47 pm

One player for decent money would be good for me though it isn't a necessity. Canning doesn't get the most from players like Neil did so maybe signing a ready-made player is what's needed.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Wed May 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Interesting to read the negative comments about Nade and the almost envious comments about the model football club that is Dundee :roll:

MAC has been heralded on this forum by some as a major loss. MAC is actually 18 months older than Nade, has played for more clubs than Nade and has only ever been successful at Accies. While I don't personally see Nade as a great prospect for Accies there is absolutely no harm in having a look.

As for Dundee - once again they are embarking on a spending spree that is unsustainable, paying crazy wages to attract average players. Despite their track record as a disastrous business model, we have some fans on this forum suggesting that we should be competing with them. No thanks - I'll stick with the model that we have at Accies.

Its certainly been very difficult to deal with the disappointment of the last few months, however I believe that our club is in good hands and I'm confident that we won't be in administration in the next few years. I'm not sure that I can say the same about Dundee......
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed May 20, 2015 9:56 pm

I don't agree with the boards good signing policy! We got good players under Alex that is for shure!

The twins were good but the rest of billy and the boards signings have been dross in the top flight. Under canning Lucas could be good the rest have been shit.

Bring back jole Thomas
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed May 20, 2015 10:05 pm

I agree with much of what's been said on this relatively zoomer free discussion. However, I would disagree that Dundee are going back to default position by throwing crazy money around. How much do you think guys like Meggat and Holt are getting? Perhaps Hemmings, coming up from Barnsley, will be on a decent wage but these look like very sensible buys to me. But then they are a city club with 5,000 fans, they should be beating us to players. We don't need to worry about Dundee, they will be fine, we need to ensure we can buy better than Thistle, Killie, County. Next season won't be pretty. I'd take 10th right now!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Wed May 20, 2015 10:22 pm

No one said we should be matching Dundee! What has been said is the players DD are getting are exactly the type of players we should be looking at.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Wed May 20, 2015 10:48 pm

I think the best signing Accies have made in living memory, was under Billy & the board.

'Alex Neil'

Another signing like that would do please...........
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby AlMac » Wed May 20, 2015 11:13 pm

H9crx wrote:No one said we should be matching Dundee! What has been said is the players DD are getting are exactly the type of players we should be looking at.

If you don't believe we should be competing with Dundee's wage offers then you've answered why we haven't attracted any of these players......
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:I agree with much of what's been said on this relatively zoomer free discussion. However, I would disagree that Dundee are going back to default position by throwing crazy money around. How much do you think guys like Meggat and Holt are getting? Perhaps Hemmings, coming up from Barnsley, will be on a decent wage but these look like very sensible buys to me. But then they are a city club with 5,000 fans, they should be beating us to players. We don't need to worry about Dundee, they will be fine, we need to ensure we can buy better than Thistle, Killie, County. Next season won't be pretty. I'd take 10th right now!

Wow. I think I just about agree with everything somebody has posted on Acciesworld.
However, a bit of ambition wouldn't go amiss. St Johnstone are an established top 6 club and probably have greater financial handicaps than us.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 am

What's with the constant obsession with Dundee? It's soooo last season.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby burnsy5shoes » Thu May 21, 2015 1:38 pm

What about Reuben Palazuelos - released by Ross county. Very experienced defensive/central midfielder. Wouldn't cost us a penny and I would imagine wages wouldn't be an issue
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby Park Materson » Thu May 21, 2015 9:37 pm

The paxaio twins were shite.
(IMO).
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Good first season, shite second season. We wouldn't have been as successful and in 2009/10 without them and we would've stayed up if they didn't miss half as many chances as they did in 2010/11. The way Marco'a playing, I'd definitely take him back lol
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri May 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Not a new signing but I didn't want to start a new thread. Darren Hill has signed on for another year. from what I've seen of him playing for the under 20s a good enough back up keeper and seems to work well with the younger players on the field.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Sun May 24, 2015 7:20 am

H9crx
Premiership

Postby hamilton1 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:41 pm

From the looks of it Nade has slimmed right down from his days from hearts and dundee. If fit, maybe he wont be a bad signing after all. Judging from the first photo in the link anyway

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... bo-4379433
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby hamilton1 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:33 am

Eremenko looks like he is 100% leaving killie. he would be a great player for us to link up play. He says he is leaving killie because they dont play it on the ground. it could be a good fit for both parties. Would he take a cut in wage? Would anyone else sign him? Dont think he would sign for us anyway. but would be a decent player
hamilton1
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies