Safe from relegation - a successful season

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Safe from relegation - a successful season

Postby Davie Hogg » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:32 pm

If we had been told start of season we would finish 7th and safe from relegation with 4 games left we would have taken it. Well done Accies in our best season ever and congrats to canzo in what has been a steep learning curve for him. Lets make it 5/5 in games for the rest of season.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Re: Safe from relegation - a successful season

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Martin still has lots and lots to prove, and no hiding from mistakes or areas we could have done better in, but I think we got 49 points in 2009/10 so we need to get beyond that to have our best finish since the 1930s in the top division.

Still it will be only our third success in staying in the top division since the 30's and yet some folk think the board are not interested in success or Accies; and indeed some think the board need to justify that sustainable finances and youth development is the way ahead :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Davie Hogg » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:47 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Martin still has lots and lots to prove, and no hiding from mistakes or areas we could have done better in, but I think we got 49 points in 2009/10 so we need to get beyond that to have our best finish since the 1930s in the top division.

Still it will be only our third success in staying in the top division since the 30's and yet some folk think the board are not interested in success or Accies; and indeed some think the board need to justify that sustainable finances and youth development is the way ahead :lol:

Imagine if the board had coughed up £100,000 for Loy and he had not scored a goal, the same people would have still crucified the board.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:05 am

We finished season 09/10 with 47 points in 7th place.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:14 am

We did not, we finished with 50; 1 more than Hearts in 6th
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:46 am

Todd_is_God wrote:We did not, we finished with 50; 1 more than Hearts in 6th
No it was 49 points Hearts on 48. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2% ... ier_League
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby DC United » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:29 am

A successful season prior to it starting. A disappointment from the position we found ourselves in at the start of January. One result, albeit a good one, doesn't make up for 'what could have been'.
DC United
Pub League

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 am

this isnt aimed at you DC United but some of the Moaning Minnies here would never be happy.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:51 am

Not a successful season sorry.The season where we should have got to Europe is how I will always remember it.
The game last night reinforced this.A bit of tinkering and some prudent buys and we would be at least fourth....maybe third.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:56 am

AmanAccie wrote:
No it was 49 points Hearts on 48. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2% ... ier_League

Then we both stand corrected :lol:
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:17 am

Todd_is_God wrote:
AmanAccie wrote:

Then we both stand corrected :lol:
Indeed we do lol
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:43 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Not a successful season sorry.The season where we should have got to Europe is how I will always remember it.
The game last night reinforced this.A bit of tinkering and some prudent buys and we would be at least fourth....maybe third.

Although I'm delighted with top flight football in 15/16, I too have the same nagging feeling the YoH has mentioned.

We could've, quite easily been in the shake up for European football.

A little bit of ambition, not breaking the bank, could've seen Accies pick up 3 or 4 wins from those 13 games (minimum) and give themselves a great opportunity.

That's me not being a 'moaning minnie' but rather a slightly disappointed Accies supporter.
Anyway, let's see if we can win another few points before the end of the season......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:49 am

I would suggest that the terms successful and disappointing (perhaps very) can both be applied to this season; they are not exclusive.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 am

If the season had started the way it ended, and ended the way it started, we'd all be ecstatic. But the final result is the same.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby hamilton1 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:11 am

100% a successful season there is no doubt about that. 3 wins in the league against Motherwell and a penalty shoot out win in the cup. If anyone says they are not disappointed in not securing top half or even europe are lying. But we have secured our place in the top flight of scottish football with 4 games to go and were never in real danger of relegation. It's been a rollercoaster season that's for sure. whats done is done and hopefully we can move on with more good displays like yesterday. Also it would be smashing if motherwell got relegated :D
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby Park Materson » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:26 pm

What a bunch of sad, unambitious happy clappers like ogg post on here.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby RyanT » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:07 pm

We didn't get relegated, and are safe with 4 games left. That counts for something, and in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty huge for Accies. So overall, it has to count as a success.

BUT, the form towards the end of the season doesn't leave much (yet) in the way of confidence for survival next season. We have limped to the finish line, and without the incredibly strong first half of the season, we would have been relegation fodder. I am really hoping the next 4 games go well for us now that we have finally won under Canning. Maybe he *is* figuring things out, we shall see.

As an aside, I see we are technically only 9 points off of 3rd place and qualification for Europe! :P
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Park Materson wrote:What a bunch of sad, unambitious happy clappers like ogg post on here.

My names Hogg not Ogg. And at least I am using my real name and not a "funny" name referencing a well known Accies fan.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:11 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I would suggest that the terms successful and disappointing (perhaps very) can both be applied to this season; they are not exclusive.

Correct........successful in that we stayed up and disappointing (and yes , very ) in the results in the second half of the season ....
Hopefully the result last night will bring back the confidence and swagger that the team had pre. January and we can finish the season on a high .
Let's finish with more points than the team in sixth (atm Dundee ) ....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 pm

This best ever finish thing is all piss ing in the wind in a truelly dreadful top flight,A utterly dire thistle are in positive GD thanks to a visit from canzo and his players.7th with br in charge was streets ahead of this season.Absolutley owned Aberdeen at pittodrie that season
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies