ROSS County's ETHOS

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

ROSS County's ETHOS

Postby Park Materson » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:09 am

Get an experienced managerial pairing in-place.Not an untried Alex Neil 'wannabe but never willbe'
Strengthen in January with a bit of quality not hopeless euro duds.
Climb the table with better form than the champions elect.
Get to within 6 points of CANTzos clowns.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Re: ROSS County's ETHOS

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:07 pm

I think an experienced manager got them into trouble in the first place.

They also have an established ethos of running with 2 squads a season and spending more than decent cash in January.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby saturdaysanny » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Alex Neil was once an untried wannabe.

Glad to be a happy clapper
saturdaysanny
Pub League

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Happy clapper and an imposter! Saturdaysanny? It is Setterday Sannie and was my chosen name on the old Hoops Apocalypse site. The name came from a cartoon character from the 60's from the DC Thomson Newspaper, The Weekly News!
To do that name justice, your posts should be incisive, witty, and where appropriate, have a touch of pathos! Always CONstructive and never DEstructive and you will do well on this site!!
Why do I not use that name now? Simply because I prefer my given name, Bann Joe Strinnge. The name, Danish in origin, is quite common in North Jutland.
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Park Materson » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:44 am

How interesting.
:roll:
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:22 am

Park Materson wrote:How interesting.

Much like your constant drivel :roll:
Gaspode
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:36 am

Are you stalking him ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:31 am

Park Materson wrote:How interesting.

Or SS, you can, as Gaspode points out, constantly churn out negative drivel, which attracts not much in the way of positive response....I would suggest the quality of PM's posts are lacking in all respects, incision, wit and pathos, and are always destructive. I leave you to judge for yourself! His whole raison d’être seems to be to post as much as he can about the failings of the team, the management and the board without offering anything positive about anything Accies related. It all seems a bit obsessive really.
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Gaspode » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:18 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Are you stalking him ?

Hard to avoid the clown i'm afraid.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Fair point......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Bann Joe Strinnge wrote:Happy clapper and an imposter! Saturdaysanny? It is Setterday Sannie and was my chosen name on the old Hoops Apocalypse site. The name came from a cartoon character from the 60's from the DC Thomson Newspaper, The Weekly News!
To do that name justice, your posts should be incisive, witty, and where appropriate, have a touch of pathos! Always CONstructive and never DEstructive and you will do well on this site!!
Why do I not use that name now? Simply because I prefer my given name, Bann Joe Strinnge. The name, Danish in origin, is quite common in North Jutland.
Nice way to welcome a fellow fan onto the site Bann. I don't see how his name makes him an imposter. Perhaps you could ask him why he chose that name instead of attacking him after his 1st post. Welcome Saturdaysanny! Folks are a little touchy on here recently it would appear.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:02 pm

AmanAccie wrote:
Bann Joe Strinnge wrote:Happy clapper and an imposter! Saturdaysanny? It is Setterday Sannie and was my chosen name on the old Hoops Apocalypse site. The name came from a cartoon character from the 60's from the DC Thomson Newspaper, The Weekly News!
Nice way to welcome a fellow fan onto the site Bann. I don't see how his name makes him an imposter. Perhaps you could ask him why he chose that name instead of attacking him after his 1st post. Welcome Saturdaysanny! Folks are a little touchy on here recently it would appear.

I thought I was being witty! No offence SS, and welcome to the forum. Great choice of name!
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Gaspode » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Bann Joe Strinnge wrote:
AmanAccie wrote:

I thought I was being witty! No offence SS, and welcome to the forum. Great choice of name!

I got yer humour :D And i dont see you as a Rank Bad Yin :)
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:22 pm

[/quote] I thought I was being witty! No offence SS, and welcome to the forum. Great choice of name![/quote]
I got yer humour :D And i dont see you as a Rank Bad Yin :)[/quote]

Cheers. I think we all know who the Rank Bad Yins are on this forum.....but in connection with the subject matter of the string, the ethos of the club (Ross County) as far as I can see, isn't much different from Hamilton - to maintain a top flight position, engage with the support with a view to developing community relationships and 'future proof' the club consolidating support and income, and with a robust youth development system.

The main difference is that after Adams, they appointed a management team, with experience in Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds. I know there are differences in opinions, but in reality, without having experienced support - and Beuzilin and Swailes combined were not the equivalent of Billy Dodds - a young manager will struggle as we are seeing with Canning. Ethos's, Ethi or whatever the plural of ethos is is fine, but with a strategic blunder like the Canning appointment having been made, the club really need to act or the support attracted by the success of 2014 will dwindle away, the season tickets will not be sold, and the downward spiral will continue. There is not much entertainment value in sitting in Broadwood stadium in the middle of winter, as I am sure many on this forum will confirm, (albeit Pittodrie was pretty chilly as well) and personally, if I was to get my bollox frozen off, I would prefer watching decent teams on the park.

To totally contradict myself, I also read the comments about losing key individuals etc, and the impact this has had, but QoS didn't expect to lose their manager and support staff either. The board at Queens acted and a 26 year old player manager appointment in Fowler was made, with not much of a back room staff, and it seems to have worked. Arguably our board made a similar appointment, but for whatever reason, it hasn't worked for Canning.

Who is to blame? I don't think anyone really can be blamed. I think at this stage of the season, with a top 6 place lost, I think (strong) criticisms can be made. Canning didn't want to end up with his managerial career in tatters before he stopped playing and started managing properly, the board I am sure didn't want to jeopardise the club success and with that, the negative financial impact that results. If the club takes no corrective action to rectify the clearly apparent problem, then they can certainly be blamed if next season, relegation looms - and on current form, that is by no means an unrealistic expectation.

From a supporters point of view, not much can be done. I expect Canning will be in post until the end of the season - not much point in sacking him now - and as presumably astute businessmen, the directors will be having a think about next season. On the plus side, the weather is getting better and although the football is uncomfortable to watch, it is easier to look on the bright side when it is sunny 8-)

So, getting back to my post to Saturday Sanny; less of the negative waves, less of the drivel and firing pelters at the manager and board and more wit and entertaining posts please. The season is nearly over and I'm sure the board will think of some way to get the Accies back - after all, tomorrow is another day!!
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Working for Cunard » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:35 pm

I also reckon that we've got the best looking physio in the SPL.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Gaspiode
"Hard to avoid the clown i'm afraid."

Name calling because you don't agree with some one! #Bully

Report this post
H9crx
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Working for Cunard wrote:I also reckon that we've got the best looking physio in the SPL.
Agreed and she also must be made of stern stuff. Not many women would continue in a workplace where there are chants basically saying they would get shagged everytime their services are required.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:52 pm

AmanAccie wrote:
Working for Cunard wrote:I also reckon that we've got the best looking physio in the SPL.
Agreed and she also must be made of stern stuff. Not many women would continue in a workplace where there are chants basically saying they would get shagged everytime their services are required.

Chaps, come off it!

This is inappropriate gratuitous sexism! A braw looking burd, shouldn't be subject to this sort of objectivity - my back is oot Hen, can you shag it back in to place.....it is park materson quality of post!!

What should be said, is that the physio is quite attractive, and if one's back was oot, one would prefer it to be manipulated back in to place by her, rather than some hairy arsed bloke physio....just because it would be nicer!
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Gaspode » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:45 pm

H9crx wrote:Gaspiode
"Hard to avoid the clown i'm afraid."

Name calling because you don't agree with some one! #Bully

Report this post

I don't disagree with all you post, it is just the constant barrage of negativity that wears me down. Criticism is fine if it is presented as part of a well balanced argument, but you seem to be negative in the extreme to all things club related. Yes the season end has been very,very disappointing. but that should not detract from the wonderful 8 months that went before. The board and managment got most things right in that period, not so in the last 3 months. All we can do now is wait and see what the next couple of months brings regarding the way forward. Take your questions to the Q+A and put them to Les, and lets see what he has to say, but in the mean time get yourself back to the games and support the team on the park, they deserve it, if not for recent performances, then certainly for the way they played in the 1st half of the season. In the end we are all Accies fans and there aint that many of us so we should all stick together!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Pardon me for my negativity re all things accies over the period of the last 13 matches
(0/14 pending)
I really should learn to just resist the temptation to post on here.At least until CANTzo gets that elusive first win under his belt which surely must come soon, maybe before the next partial solar eclipse?
Maybe not.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies