Tony andreu

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Tony andreu

Postby Onevictor » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:52 pm

Afternoon guys, Norwich fan here..

Just wondered if anyone knows the exact amout that we paid you for Tony Andreu?

As far as most city fans are concerned this transfer just doesn't seem right, clearly the guy (who doesn't make the bench at the minute) just isn't anywhere good enough for the championship never mind the premiership should we be lucky enough to go up! It's looks like this must have been part of the Alex Neil transfer and to give you a bit of cash, but the figures quoted can't be correct, hoping you can shed some light on it for us..

Good luck for the rest of the season, good job you were safe when Neil left..
Onevictor
Pub League

Re: Tony andreu

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:02 pm

What ever the tranfer fee was,From a club that paid £5million plus for Gary Hooper it wasn't enough.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Can we not have him back on loan ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Onevictor wrote:Afternoon guys, Norwich fan here..

As far as most city fans are concerned this transfer just doesn't seem right, clearly the guy (who doesn't make the bench at the minute) just isn't anywhere good enough for the championship never mind the premiership should we be lucky enough to go up! It's looks like this must have been part of the Alex Neil transfer and to give you a bit of cash, but the figures quoted can't be correct, hoping you can shed some light on it for us..

Stop your greeting look what AN has done for your club and then look at Accies since we lost him. £1m for our best player is insignificant if you go up! But has killed our season.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Onevictor » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:49 pm

It would be better for him then playing the occasional u21 game..
Onevictor
Pub League

Postby RyanT » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Norwich supporters generally seem quite fickle. I recall all the moaning when Alex Neil was hired for the job - "Scottish football is a joke", "He has no experience", etc, etc. I get that people are sceptical, but surely you should wait and see before casting judgement that he isn't good enough?

Andreu hasn't seemed to have set a foot wrong since you signed him, but he also hasn't had much game time either, appearing only as a late sub. I would suggest that should injuries happen to a midfielder or two, he could step in and do a job for you lot. He gives you a little extra depth, albeit that is something your squad doesn't currently appear to lack.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Consistently reported as a million to Accies and a 3 year deal for him. Who knows if the million is correct? The papers said we got another million for Stephen Hendrie who is going to West Ham at the end of the season but a forum poster says the chairman told him at an under 20 game it was only 400,000. I do know we lost our top scorer and most creative player and we have not won a game since (13) and counting and we haven't reinvested in the team. but we are spending the money on a 'dome' to cover a five a side pitch FFS Anyway you could have paid double the reported figure and you are still going to make zillions if u continue to progress under Sir Alex and win automatic promotion.
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:19 pm

H9crx wrote:
Onevictor wrote:Afternoon guys, Norwich fan here..

Stop your greeting look what AN has done for your club and then look at Accies since we lost him. £1m for our best player is insignificant if you go up! But has killed our season.

You really can't help yourself can you? It must be a bundle of laughs in your world.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Look, just give us back Andreu and we'll forget about the rest

Deal or no deal?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby AlMac » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:50 pm

According to a local paper Alex Neil believe's Andreu is good enough but doesn't yet have the physical strength needed for playing at that level....

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/alex_neil_has_not_suffered_sleepless_nights_over_finding_bradley_johnson_s_norwich_city_deputy_1_4030754
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:21 pm

I think the most game time he has had is 20 minutes as a sub against Huddersfield. Very tough to judge a player if he's just getting a few minutes here and there. Norwich have such a strong squad anyway that it was always going to be hard for him. If promoted, it is hard to see him getting game time so a perfect solution would surely be a season long loan back to us!

As for the physicality aspect alluded to by AN, Wes Hoolahan is hardly a man mountain and manages well enough in that company, though he has been playing down there for many years. There's also Zac Clough at Bolton who makes Ali Crawford look like Geoff Capes, so it can't really be down to Andreu's physique.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 pm

He was a full time athlete under Neil for well over a year, surprised that fitness is an issue, maybe just a nicer thing to say than still needing to raise his game?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:03 pm

You don't get much more physical than the Scottish game so I find that to be a strange statement from AN. Perhaps he means he's still to adapt to the pace of the Championship game.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:28 pm

I was down watching some games recently in The Championship, League1/2.Very few Ali Crawford style players,but plenty "athletes".Tony Andreu would have more skill in his big toe than a lot of players at that level,so I can see where Alex Neil is coming from.

Our team six months ago would have given ANY Championship team a run for their money.More money,better facilities and bigger crowds,but not necessarily always better football is what I find when I travel down South groundhopping.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:44 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I was down watching some games recently in The Championship, League1/2.Very few Ali Crawford style players,but plenty "athletes".Tony Andreu would have more skill in his big toe than a lot of players at that level,so I can see where Alex Neil is coming from.

Our team six months ago would have given ANY Championship team a run for their money.More money,better facilities and bigger crowds,but not necessarily always better football is what I find when I travel down South groundhopping.

Totally agree. Not now of course, now we'd get done over by most of League Two. There are some big units down south and we tend to breed a lot of smallish players but there are plenty of wee guys down there too who can compete. Brentford aren't a big team physically for example. It's asking a lot for Tony to go straight into that team but plenty of players have gone from Scottish Premier and even First and done well in that league.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm

By all accounts Alex inherited a very strong squad that was under performing. He has managed to motivate them so it would be very difficult to bring in any player when those already there are performing and have got into second place. At least Alex rates him so I would imagine he will get an opportunity.
Alfie Olek

Postby DontsellAndreau » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:37 pm

The fact about strenght is something that has been around for a while,

both James's had a development time when they went down south to bulk up, same with snodgrass from livingston, just look at jason scotland and see the physical prowess that comes from down south, comepared to the scottish game.
DontsellAndreau
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:14 pm

I don't think Snodgrass or Scotland needed to bulk up if that's what you're suggesting. Snodgrass was a fair size at 17 and Jason was always a bulky type. Snodgrass broke through fairly quickly at Leeds, who were third tier at the time.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby hamilton1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:15 pm

I think he will eventually come good down England. He might just need time to adapt. I remember when he first joined accies. He didnt look anything special at first, despite every livingston fan bigging him up. However once he settled at accies he was something else. Makes scoring goals look easy.
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Why is he not getting a game in this team? NC poor toiningt and #22 would have burst the net with the open goal miss!
H9crx
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies