"Sack the BOD"

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

"Sack the BOD"

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 pm

There's been a few recent comments amongst all the doom & gloom of "Sack the BOD".

If we assume just for a minute that Les/Ronnie/Colin McGowan get "sacked " or walk away, who exactly do you think are going to fill the gap ? There is NOBODY waiting in the wings to buy them out or take over. If they walked away I genuinely believe that Accies would be dead in the water. Be really careful what you wish for.

Our fans were unable to sustain a meaningful trust, and there would be absolutely no way fans could buy out the current owners and successfully run the club. It is very easy to criticise Les & Ronnie after a dozen or so bad results, but I would be really interested to hear from those wanting the BOD out, how they believe the club would continue ?

Yes we are on a dreadful run at the moment, and mistakes have been made, but this BOD have taken our club to a level over the last 10 years or so that we haven't been at for decades. I also believe that they will take sustain able measures over the summer to sort our current problems. They've sorted it before & I'm confident they will sort it again, whether it takes 3 months, a year or whatever.

I look forward to hearing what the alternatives are.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Re: "Sack the BOD"

Postby AlMac » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm curious to know how some of our fans believe they could sack the people that own the club ?
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:58 pm

All fair points. The St. Mirren experience would tend to suggest that there may or may not be willing buyers for relatively small clubs in Scotland. I think frustration and anger is the source of such comments, which are understandable; however the conclusion is not.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Google past intervies with L&R they have both cited that they have turned down offers for the club. les and Ronnie do this for the ego boost! Others will also be keen to do the same.

Every one has a life span and are replaceable!

Befour you say it I was at the last game at DP and every year in the east of glasgow. Yes this BOD have been proudent but they have major falts in other areas
H9crx
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Until Douglas Park gains a conscience and stops being a sectarian bigot, put this to bed!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:15 pm

What are the motives of the people who have offered to buy the club ?

What were there plans for the club ?

Nobody knows, and many of us still remember the years we were on the brink of folding due to dodgy directors and land deals. Do you want to run the risk of going back to these times as Scottish football is littered with tails of new owners destroying clubs. Just ask fans of Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, Livingston ......etc.

Since Ronnie came on board we have been totally stable, and have had significant success on the field. I for one hope he is here for the next 10 years.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:23 pm

Dr Slippy wrote:What are the motives of the people who have offered to buy the club ?

Nobody knows, and many of us still remember the years we were on the brink of folding due to dodgy directors and land deals. Do you want to run the risk of going back to these times as Scottish football is littered with tails of new owners destroying clubs. Just ask fans of Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, Livingston ......etc.

Since Ronnie came on board we have been totally stable, and have had significant success on the field. I for one hope he is here for the next 10 years.

But it may also be that we have prudence with ambition! Being scared of the past is no reason to not want a better future!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Ronnie & Les sell up, we sack Canning and by Xmas we are adrift at the bottom of the league. What next, sack the new manager,want BOD out ?

Our current BOD have a long track record of stability and sorting out mistakes they may have made.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:37 pm

H9crx wrote:
Dr Slippy wrote:What are the motives of the people who have offered to buy the club ?

But it may also be that we have prudence with ambition! Being scared of the past is no reason to not want a better future!
Alan Sugar mentioned us in the UK press! Perhaps he would inject the club with untold millions to get us into the Champions League!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:37 pm

I've read all sorts of posts on here, but I don't recall anyone saying "sack the board", until this post.
Even if they had, we're powerless to enforce that.
Statements along these lines are just silly, unless you or others you know about are willing to take over.

They are the major shareholders, so unless someone else buys their shares, these words are hollow.

However, supporters are rightly pissed off at the board, and we should hold them accountable for there actions or lack of actions (as it may be).

If you'd asked or posed this question early January, I'm sure almost 100% of supporters would have laughed this off, but the BoD have a duty of care for the club and not just to use as their plaything, not that I think they are.

Overall Ronnie (in particular) have been brilliant for the club, after all they saved it from closure.
But they must keep making the correct decisions for the club and not live off of past glories.

So as supporters we need to let them know our opinions (in whatever way we can) and if they make mistakes, as they have big-time since January, ensure that corrections are made.

I'm never of the opinion, like others on here are so keen to do under the deluded the banner of "loyalty", to let the BoD do whatever they want in our name, and to just accept things blindly.
After all we're more than mere customers, and you can rightly say that we have more at stake in this club that we love that mere board members who come and go.

Let's see what the BoD do at the Q&A and throughout the close season.
However if they get it wrong (so dramatically again), don't be surprised by dwindling support and demonstrations against the board come next season.

Remember, we support Accies, not the BoD. They are totally different things, a concept that many on here find hard to differentiate between.

(Example, look at what's happened with Rangers).

Comments about Douglas Park are ridiculous. Do you even know him? I do, as he's no bigot.
In fact he used to go to Accies games many moons ago, and there was an incident years back that put him off investing in Accies.
That aside, we need people that are committed to Accies. They don't have to be Accies supporters.
I would rather have a business like BoD that don't support Accies (as youths) than Accies supporters without a business accumen.
I think that's what we have right now.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:51 am

I don't know Douglas Park personally but I do know that he's more interested in saving Rangers than investing in his local team. So he wanted to invest many moons ago? Why not invest now? We must be a much more attractive club for investers nowadays.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:34 pm

AmanAccie wrote:I don't know Douglas Park personally but I do know that he's more interested in saving Rangers than investing in his local team. So he wanted to invest many moons ago? Why not invest now? We must be a much more attractive club for investers nowadays.

You'll need to ask him that question.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:14 pm

if park had been interested in accies he would have bought us long ago. hes not interested and never has been. all the rumours were hearsay; has anyone got concrete proof he ever tried to invest?
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:26 am

Yes we are having a bad time just now but the guys in charge have and will continue to preside over one of of the most successful eras ever for Accies. They have more than earned the tight to appoint and stick by any management decision they choose. It's been a tough 12 weeks but it will get better. Calls to "sack the BOD" are laughable.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:03 am

Davie Hogg wrote:if park had been interested in accies he would have bought us long ago. hes not interested and never has been. all the rumours were hearsay; has anyone got concrete proof he ever tried to invest?

the story I heard was Douglas Park approached Accies years ago - late 70s / early 80s - and was rebuffed by Jim Watson who didn't rate him as director material.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Davie Hogg » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:37 am

really? wrote:
Davie Hogg wrote:if park had been interested in accies he would have bought us long ago. hes not interested and never has been. all the rumours were hearsay; has anyone got concrete proof he ever tried to invest?

the story I heard was Douglas Park approached Accies years ago - late 70s / early 80s - and was rebuffed by Jim Watson who didn't rate him as director material.

exactly, "story". Nobody knows the truth. If Park publicly said it then I'd believe it. He's never done that. Watson said it wasn't true but he's the last person I'd ever have believed.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Douglas Park holds 5000 shares in HAFC Ltd making him the third biggest shareholder. I believe he has held those shares for a lengthy period of time but have no idea who he acquired them from and exactly when. It does give some credence to the belief that at some time he did try to get involved with the club. If I remember correctly having been rebuffed he went off and became a director of Hearts for a brief spell before quitting. Much more worrying development for those that take an interest in who owns what is that Ronnies' 549850 shares less 80 were transferred to the parent holding company of the stadium company, Edencrest on 11.12.2013 which means the Accies easdale brothers have now got their hand on a significant stake of the club. :cry:
Alfie Olek

Postby master1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:19 pm

And why is it a worry?
master1
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Douglas Park-clue in the name-once hired a taxi to go to Montrose for a Cup tie.Guy I worked with also was in the cab.He tried twice to buy the club and that old catweazle Watson scuppered both attempts.

What could have been perhaps.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies