Bottom six fixtues

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Bottom six fixtues

Postby H9crx » Sun May 24, 2015 8:56 pm

I live in Perth I have not been back to NDP as the canning appointment does not merit the effort or expense to go.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:03 pm

H9crx wrote:I live in Perth I have not been back to NDP as the canning appointment does not merit the effort or expense to go.

Absolutely your right as a consumer, because that is exactly what you are. So if you hope Accies do well why do you only post criticism and nothing at all about players, the club or the team doing well. It looks like you want failure to get someone in who meets your personal approval.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun May 24, 2015 9:09 pm

As you are my personal troll go over all my past post on this and the previous accies world and P&B check my Twitter and the tweets to players etc. you will see I am critical, fair and reward with praise and high regards when merited.

Canning 3 wins does not merit such love just now.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun May 24, 2015 9:29 pm

accies1874 wrote:Canning hasn't done a good job, there's no glossing over that. 3 wins since the beginning of January is an embarrassing record. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place and that was one of a few mistakes by the board this season.
People like H9crx have decided not to give their money to the club due to their mistakes and that's their decision but it's not something I'd do.
We need to understand that board don't really care if we don't turn up and doing so has no impact. It won't sack Canning and it won't make us sign players. If you don't agree with Les and Ronnie and Canning then that's fine but players like Crawford, McGovern, Devlin etc deserve our backing as it isn't their fault the board have hindered our season.
Pretending that Canning's has done well to get 7th is a joke as, let's be honest, it was almost all Neil but here's hoping that he can surprise us all next season and push for top 6.

This is the most sensible post so far......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 pm

accies1874 wrote:We need to understand that board don't really care if we don't turn up and doing so has no impact. It won't sack Canning and it won't make us sign players.

It's been a consistent theme of this forum in the ten years or so that Ronnie MacDonald has owned Accies - when the team do well then MacDonald & Gray are the Bee's knees and when the team do poorly then they don't care about the fans. Personally I've never quite seen the link - would sacking Canning after 10 games or competing in the transfer market with a team who has an average attendance of over 3 times that of Accies (how much more money would we have to pay Loy or Hemmings to convince them to play in front of 2500 fans rather than 8000?) really mean that the BoD care about the fans?

That's not to say that the current BoD is above criticism and there has been a deterioration in communication since MacDonald increased his involvement again - not convinced that it's a coincidence - with the bad habit of communicating through the media rather than official club channels creeping back again and no Q&A is disappointing, however in general the job that MacDonald / Gray etc.. have done in their time here is nothing short of incredible.

On the subject of Martin Canning I agree that it would be difficult to argue that he's done a good job but it would be equally difficult to argue that there hasn't been a massive improvement in the last 5 or 6 games. 3 wins, 1 draw & 1 narrow loss is a better than decent return considering that 3 of these teams were fighting for their survival and even more so when you look at the threadbare squad he's had at his disposal for these games. Canning has had a lot of criticism and some of it's been deserved with my patience in particular breaking after that defeat at Paisley but on reflection I think that we all under estimated the huge task that any appointee would have had. The departure of AN as both a player and a manager was huge, how often do you see players in tears after a manager departs? It also seems to have been airbrushed from history that for the first 5 games Frankie McAvoy (I often pondered if Frankie was the real brains behind AN - think I was wrong!) was retained to lessen the impact - we lost all 5 games including that 5 nil defeat at Firhill!

We've got a young management team in place and they will make mistakes but the evidence of the last 5 games is that they are improving and the players are back giving maximum effort for them. Maybe it's time for some fans to give them a second chance?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:22 pm

H9crx wrote:As you are my personal troll go over all my past post on this and the previous accies world and P&B check my Twitter and the tweets to players etc. you will see I am critical, fair and reward with praise and high regards when merited.

Canning 3 wins does not merit such love just now.

What is your criteria to return as a fan?
If Martin continues to settle and achieves a competitive bottom six team (as the last 5 games would suggest) do you stick to your position or revise it?
If he got us to a cup final would you stick to your position?
Do we need to spend money or is youth and/or is quality 'on the cheap' (like 22, Jesus and hopefully Lucas) good enough?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies