Bottom six fixtues

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Bottom six fixtues

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:27 pm

i don't think the new fixtures will be kind to us we are the whipping boy! call me suspicus but I think it will be.

Away

St-m
Well
RC
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Bottom six fixtues

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:33 pm

I know the split isn't an exact science, but we're due to play Ross County and Kilmarnock away next.

Partick, Motherwell and St Mirren are home fixtures.

Are we due only 2 remaining home fixtures?
When are the fixtures announced?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:59 am

Accies4ever wrote:I know the split isn't an exact science, but we're due to play Ross County and Kilmarnock away next.

Partick, Motherwell and St Mirren are home fixtures.

Are we due only 2 remaining home fixtures?
When are the fixtures announced?

No, we are due 3 home games, post split as we have only played 16 at home v 17 away.

So, you're summary above, would seem fairly accurate...... however, when did common sense and Scottish football ever go hand in hand???
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby AlMac » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:04 pm

The key assumption made when the fixtures are scheduled at the beginning of the season is that last season's top 6 will retain their top 6 placings. If that were ever to happen then after the split all teams would end up playing 19 home & 19 away games, with 2 home and 2 away fixtures against the teams in their half of the league.

This season Dundee and Motherwell have effectively swapped places because Motherwell are the only team not to retain their top 6 position from last season.

In a simple world, that should mean that we get Motherwell at home after the split because we were due to get Dundee at home next. However...........
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:55 pm

" likely to be announced within 48 hours" BT Sport 1 tonight StM v RC.

How did we let a team as dire as St Mirren beat us???? And, yes, I WAS there to see it happen!! :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:43 am

With Rc winning last night we are looking at 10th being a good finish now and a fight not to be 11th

My expectations and now rock bottom!

Canning Out!

Porcupine keep making your we snide digs but you know it's true! Will you clap the team off on the last game when we hit the dizzy hights of 10th just avoiding the playoffs?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 am

H9crx wrote:With Rc winning last night we are looking at 10th being a good finish now and a fight not to be 11th

Canning Out!

Porcupine keep making your we snide digs but you know it's true! Will you clap the team off on the last game when we hit the dizzy hights of 10th just avoiding the playoffs?

Tedious.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:30 am

^^^^^what he said..............

............very boring listening to some posters on here.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby AlMac » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:58 pm

AlMac wrote:The key assumption made when the fixtures are scheduled at the beginning of the season is that last season's top 6 will retain their top 6 placings. If that were ever to happen then after the split all teams would end up playing 19 home & 19 away games, with 2 home and 2 away fixtures against the teams in their half of the league.

This season Dundee and Motherwell have effectively swapped places because Motherwell are the only team not to retain their top 6 position from last season.

In a simple world, that should mean that we get Motherwell at home after the split because we were due to get Dundee at home next. However...........

Can't argue with the fixtures. We've been given what we were due next. Common sense being applied in Scottish football .....?
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Right, two wins and we're virtually guaranteed 7th. Should not be beyond us. The same application and performance we showed at Tannadice against Well, please. Live on BT, no shortage of incentive.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:49 pm

H9crx wrote:i don't think the new fixtures will be kind to us we are the whipping boy! call me suspicus but I think it will be.

Away

St-m
Well
RC

So we go into the last 5 fixtures, in apparent total disarray, with a terrible manager, lacking the squad 'investment' and experience that is absolutely imperative etc etc.

3 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.

Maybe folk would be happier if we gave Lyon, Lucas, Docherty, MacDonald massive wage rises or signing on fees and then we could tick the 'investment' box that they crave.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sun May 24, 2015 1:43 pm

H9crx wrote:With Rc winning last night we are looking at 10th being a good finish now and a fight not to be 11th

Canning Out!

A true visionary!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:51 pm

No wins for the rest of the year was his hope; sorry prediction!
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun May 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Very good

Yes I got it wrong! Enjoy clapping canning ya bunch of seals! :o :P
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 5:49 pm

H9crx wrote:Very good

Yes I got it wrong! Enjoy clapping canning ya bunch of seals! :o :P

Yes we will clap along to the best post war finish, financial stability, investment in infrastructure, a board with an outstanding record of looking after the club, enjoying watching established players from our academy, enjoying watching good players brought into the club, encouraging academy players who are just coming thro (e.g.scoring goals and getting MoTM awards), and the U20s with their best ever finish.

You can keep hoping for the club and players to be unsuccessful.

PS here is the latest post match thread, you seem to have trouble finding them?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=356
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun May 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Are you ok love you on your period?

i want accies to do well! I also can express my concerns about canning as a manager!

I hope I'm proven wrong
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Canning Out!

Did you clap the team off yesterday for the victory, for the best post war finish alongside the other 'reasons to be cheerful' I listed previously?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sun May 24, 2015 7:12 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:

Canning Out!

Did you clap the team off yesterday for the victory, for the best post war finish alongside the other 'reasons to be cheerful' I listed previously?

He couldn't clap them off because he's not coming back till Canning is sacked :roll:
Gaspode
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun May 24, 2015 8:41 pm

:lol:
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Canning hasn't done a good job, there's no glossing over that. 3 wins since the beginning of January is an embarrassing record. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place and that was one of a few mistakes by the board this season.
People like H9crx have decided not to give their money to the club due to their mistakes and that's their decision but it's not something I'd do.
We need to understand that board don't really care if we don't turn up and doing so has no impact. It won't sack Canning and it won't make us sign players. If you don't agree with Les and Ronnie and Canning then that's fine but players like Crawford, McGovern, Devlin etc deserve our backing as it isn't their fault the board have hindered our season.
Pretending that Canning's has done well to get 7th is a joke as, let's be honest, it was almost all Neil but here's hoping that he can surprise us all next season and push for top 6.
accies1874
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies