0/13

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

0/13

Postby Park Materson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Contrary to the opinions of numerous bawbags on this forum I don't take any satisfaction from today's not totally unexpected result.
Why the fcuk would I ?
I'm as much of a supporter as anyone on here.
Just maybe need to lower my expectations a bit and with Canning in charge for much longer I don't think that will be too much of a problem.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Re: 0/13

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:45 pm

You are wag Park.You would have been better starting a 0/14 thread :lol:
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:You are wag Park.You would have been better starting a 0/14 thread :lol:

Do you seriously think he is not thinking about that?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:03 pm

That's to come bawbag.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Should never have been a situation where we had to go to Tannadice going gung ho.Only consolation is we could put the Well in the play off.

Having watched Accies for 38 years,the last 3 months is up there with the bad times.For once,we had our "shot at glory".The chance of our highest ever finish,the chance to play in Europe and up the profile of the club and we have royally fcuked it up.

Raith Rovers,QOS,Livingston,Gretna,Ross County,Falkirk,Motherwell,Airdrie,Kilmarnock,Dunfermine are all clubs who have either appeared in Cup Finals or in Europe.Well,we treat cup ties with disdain by playing reserve sides,so that left only Europe......

Will we ever be in this position again.So depressing-especially when you see how Inverness and Dundee United have dropped so many points.We could and should have finished 4th and maybe third.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Whoa there boy.
Don't you know that the season as a whole was a massive success?
Lol.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:18 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Should never have been a situation where we had to go to Tannadice going gung ho.Only consolation is we could put the Well in the play off.

Having watched Accies for 38 years,the last 3 months is up there with the bad times.For once,we had our "shot at glory".The chance of our highest ever finish,the chance to play in Europe and up the profile of the club and we have royally fcuked it up.

Raith Rovers,QOS,Livingston,Gretna,Ross County,Falkirk,Motherwell,Airdrie,Kilmarnock,Dunfermine are all clubs who have either appeared in Cup Finals or in Europe.Well,we treat cup ties with disdain by playing reserve sides,so that left only Europe......

Will we ever be in this position again.So depressing-especially when you see how Inverness and Dundee United have dropped so many points.We could and should have finished 4th and maybe third.

Do we want to swop places right now with RR, QotS, Gretna, Falkirk, Airdire & Dunfermline; and/or follow their financial model?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:20 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Should never have been a situation where we had to go to Tannadice going gung ho.Only consolation is we could put the Well in the play off.

Do we want to swop places right now with RR, QotS, Gretna, Falkirk, Airdire & Dunfermline; and/or follow their financial model?

DO not see anybody suggest we follow anybody else's model.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:22 pm

That's not the point. We weren't asking the club to throw millions at getting us into Europe. It turns out that SIX points from the last THIRTY-NINE was all we were asking for to keep us in the hunt for Europe.

Absolute shambles that i) this has happened and ii) people like you find it acceptable.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:44 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:

I never mentioned following their way of doing things did I?I was making a comparison as you know well.Stop making excuses.This lot will spend more on a Bouncy Castle and a Drop In Centre for junkies than they will on players.

This run has led to our home crowds dropping badly,it will get worse and plenty folk won't renew their Season Books.Is that a "great model" when a decent Manager and a couple of inspired signings would have kept us in the top six and potentially Europe while boosting expectation for next season.

Accies fans deserved our moment in the sun.The powers that be have chucked our one chance and folk won't forget this as plenty are saying.The word SQUANDERED comes to mind.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:53 pm

The comparison was made by you and I simply asked a question as to how we compare with these same clubs right now, the clubs that you choose to compare us with.

To be honest if folk are dumping Accies after this season then I really don't value their opinion one bit; and certainly wouldn't want the club to pander to the disloyal. Its the answer as to why our crowds are low; the people of Hamilton are either totally disinterested or some wish to be selective customers rather than loyal fans - absolutely their right to do so but there you go.

Honest mistakes and financial prudence seem to find precious little patience and even less loyalty. That the same people who presented and facilitated the fantastic opportunity are now only seen and remembered as then squandering it and perhaps doing it deliberately tells its own story.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Plenty those you see as "disloyal" helped to save the club,pay players wages etc.Unlike plenty Happy Clappers,they were there through the bad times...and at Easter Road.

So,in Happy Clapper world 0/13 is acceptable.Not beating the bottom three,not scoring in eight games and fans are accused of being disloyal?There is being loyal and being brainwashed.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:08 pm

I am not 'accusing' anyone of anything, simply describing their actions. If people stop following the club, particularly as a way of making a potential point then I don't see how describing them as disloyal is inaccurate, unfair and certainly not abusive. That these people were perhaps ultra loyal in the past, for me says more about them right now than the club. However, if you would wish folk turning their back on the club to be seen as loyal then fair enough.

Honest (perhaps huge) mistakes amid a generally successful period and financial prudence I don't as any basis for not supporting the club.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:15 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:The comparison was made by you and I simply asked a question as to how we compare with these same clubs right now, the clubs that you choose to compare us with.

To be honest if folk are dumping Accies after this season then I really don't value their opinion one bit; and certainly wouldn't want the club to pander to the disloyal. Its the answer as to why our crowds are low; the people of Hamilton are either totally disinterested or some wish to be selective customers rather than loyal fans - absolutely their right to do so but there you go.

Honest mistakes and financial prudence seem to find precious little patience and even less loyalty. That the same people who presented and facilitated the fantastic opportunity are now only seen and remembered as then squandering it and perhaps doing it deliberately tells its own story.

What utter tripe. Loyalty is a two way relationship, and the club seem to have demonstrated none to the fans. If folk are dumping accies etc, is just nonsense. The whole point of professional football as a sport, is to entertain a paying audience. The clubs who put a team on the park, are duty bound to do the best they can for those who have paid. To suggest that the opinions of those who pay - critical or not - are not of value, and the club should not pander to those who are deemed disloyal because they criticise, is frankly the ranting of a deluded accies zealot.

The writing has been on the wall for a good few months, and it would appear, the club is unconcerned with the product that they are putting on the park to entertain the paying audience - why should the paying customer blindly support a club, who do not strive to 'put on a show'? They do seem more interested in developing a player puppy farm, to make a few quid in selling on.

If it is only the Accies Loyal, who are entitled/allowed to support the club, Then they are welcome to it. I suspect there will be a good few newbies who were attracted by the £20 deal, who will have written their accies experience off as a waste of time.

Personally, I await the draw for the post split games with not much interest.....
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Well put YeOldeHamiltonian.
It's also noticeable that certain people on here consistently and intentionally mis-direct the arguments on here. Have they nothing else to do?

We had a massive opportunity to move the club forward and the BoD made weak-arse decisions based on penny pinching and blind faith and have royally cocked it up.
So much for being custodians of the club.

I hope posters on here make it clear to the BoD on the Q&A how disgusted we are of their management/mis-management of late.

It's not disloyal to object to the unacceptable. At least we're not the zombie-minded posters on here that will accept anything flung at them by the BoD/team.
There are many posters on here like myself that have followed Accies for decades, and what has happened recently ranks amongst our poorest periods.

I'm certainly not going to be lectured by the so-called "loyalists", who frankly don't have a f**king clue what to do to rectify the present situation.

The fact that Alex lead us to 3rd before he left simply papers over the cracks that since January, it's been an undeniable failure and the fact that the BoD seem to be setting us up for more of the same is beyond belief.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:23 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:The comparison was made by you and I simply asked a question as to how we compare with these same clubs right now, the clubs that you choose to compare us with.

Thats a far to sensible and reasonable post, you'll get slaughtered for that one!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Gaspode and redandwhite1874 , sitting in a tree

You know the rest :lol:
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Accies4ever wrote:Gaspode and redandwhite1874 , sitting in a tree

So you don't accept that Les and the board have perhaps made honest mistakes; or that they are custodians and have the best interests of the club at heart?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Honest mistakes are not the problem! The aragance of not fixing the mistake is the problem! Thus why you are so far of the point people are making and why people are angry as hell.

I feel we are as good as being owned by a EPL club as all we are here to do is try and bring on kids like a scottish development center. The team is shite but don't worry as we will spend £££ on a dome and keep the production line going.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:15 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Accies4ever wrote:Gaspode and redandwhite1874 , sitting in a tree

So you don't accept that Les and the board have perhaps made honest mistakes; or that they are custodians and have the best interests of the club at heart?

IF it's a honest mistake then let them come out and say it .
IMO it was a mistake to make Canning manager , without putting someone with experience beside him.
If he can't turn things around (and I hope he does , but can't see it .) then the board have ruined his career .
If he goes as manager , he couldn't stay on as a player , and I don't think he would go to another premiership club .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Next

Return to The Accies