Les Gray in the Advertiser

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Les Gray in the Advertiser

Postby Gaspode » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:52 am

Excellent interview with Les in the Advertiser today. Answers most of the criticism levelled at him well and explains the reasons behind Curier and Tony leaving. Seems to be right behind Canning too. Well done Les.
Gaspode
Championship

Re: Les Gray in the Advertiser

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Gaspode wrote:Excellent interview with Les in the Advertiser today. Answers most of the criticism levelled at him well and explains the reasons behind Curier and Tony leaving. Seems to be right behind Canning too. Well done Les.

After the Motherwell performance/result it's amazing anyone is still behind Canning! Excuse my ignorance as I haven't read the article yet.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Puts a lot into perspective.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby AlMac » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Any way of sharing the interview on here?
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Didn't have time to read full interview but the claim Tony's form dipped because he thought he had missed out on a move seems strange.Tony was off the day Alex took over at NCFC there is no doubt about that.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:22 pm

AlMac wrote:Any way of sharing the interview on here?

Beyond my capabilities :oops: I'm sure the Advertiser has an online version.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Accies4ever
Championship

Postby silverfox » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Les Gray asking Accies fans to" lower expectations" ..........he's kiddin ....right! :?:
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Good article and comments from Les. No surprises but interesting nonetheless.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:15 pm

I just can't believe this. All of us that have watched football for many a decade know when i guy won't cut it. Martin isn't the right guy. Why put off the invetible? They are just throwing away points before they get to the same point anyway. Martin was just a gamble that didn't work. Stop kidding yourselves on Board. Hard to sack someone but when we lose on Saturday and its then 5 games against the bottom 5 clubs. We will finish 9th or 10th.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Spot on
Cantzo out
0/12
3/33
Nuff said
Just walk
Loser.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:05 pm

What a lot of Bull!

The statment below shows that canning is a yes man.

"It will be me, and my neck that is ultimately on the line in terms of who we bring in and who we don’t, and I’m happy with that."

Canning is a puppet and won't be sacked.

The BOD were caught sleeping in Jan and did not have a plan in place!

"The fans need a reality check" what you have killed what could have been one of the best years in history! what a patronising statment from someone looking to get money of paying customers!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:14 pm

The BOD couldn't give a Raphael scheidt about the opinions of accies fans.

Long live the ethos!
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:14 am

In my 38 years as an Accies fan,that interview is one of the worst things I have ever read from an Accies official.As bad as any Watson statement in it's craven defeatism.Scunnerred and I am not the only one

No wins in 11,no wins against the bottom 6 and told to lower expectations.You guys have probably lost a big proportion of next season's season book sales with that interview..

It might be a toy to you guys,but it is our club.Time they remembered that.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:52 am

I also dislike the following

"We almost won against Dundee,Kilmarnock and Ross County!" But we did not we lost due to a manager who could not hold on to win.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:35 am

Comparisons with Watson would be funny if they weren't sad. And if people don't keep following Accies after the second half of this season I think that says far more about them than it does about the club or the board. 9th or 10th is being painted as a catastrophe when it would be the second best finish in a lifetime?

BoD caught sleeping in January ?- yes I think that is probably right. We have always struggled to bring in the required quality at this level and that needs to be addressed. But I would say these mistakes have been honest mistakes whilst other seems determined to view them as some kind of particular conspiracy and the suggestion that they don't care has no basis whatsoever other than in someone's imagination.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:02 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Comparisons with Watson would be funny if they weren't sad. And if people don't keep following Accies after the second half of this season I think that says far more about them than it does about the club or the board. 9th or 10th is being painted as a catastrophe when it would be the second best finish in a lifetime?

BoD caught sleeping in January ?- yes I think that is probably right. We have always struggled to bring in the required quality at this level and that needs to be addressed. But I would say these mistakes have been honest mistakes whilst other seems determined to view them as some kind of particular conspiracy and the suggestion that they don't care has no basis whatsoever other than in someone's imagination.

Agree completely, good post.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:07 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:In my 38 years as an Accies fan,that interview is one of the worst things I have ever read from an Accies official.As bad as any Watson statement in it's craven defeatism.Scunnerred and I am not the only one

No wins in 11,no wins against the bottom 6 and told to lower expectations.You guys have probably lost a big proportion of next season's season book sales with that interview..

It might be a toy to you guys,but it is our club.Time they remembered that.

Dear, dear, you do like to over react. For someone who likes to remind everyone of the bad old days, how can you possibly compare the board and the position the club are in now to then? A laughable post.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:58 pm

Same old , same old .....
Lower my expectations....I expect my team to at least look as if they are capable of winning a game again this season ; I expect my teams management to at least look as if they know what they are doing ; I expect the board of my team to at least recognise the frustration of many of the fans , not to patronise them .
And as for finishing 9th being ok as it would be our second highest finish in the modern era....oh dear.
IMO , that would have been only ok had we been scrambling about the bottom all season.
Take your Accies coloured spectacles off for a moment and think that if any other team , in any league had been top of the league (yes WE were top of the league ) , and then finished 3rd or 4th bottom , then you would say they had had a successful season ?
Not many fans would be happy with that.....
Yes back the club , but NOBODY can be happy with the way the team is performing at the moment....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Nobody is saying anyone is happy at the moment.

In terms of any other team............. if any other team had been expected to be lucky to survive the season and ended up top of the league and then lost 4 absolutely vital members of staff/players - I would suggest not many people would be surprised to see a fall down the league. Couple that with several other teams who had been 'under performing' when we were top .... Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone ect then returning to form then it all adds up.

PS I am quite happy with my Accies spectacles.

PPS not just the moden era.......... in a lifetime. Not the best way to achieve it but an achievement over the season nonetheless.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies