Club Website

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Club Website

Postby Gaspode » Sun May 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Park Materson wrote:Blah,blah,blah.
Lol.

The quality of your posts is breathtaking, a real treat!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby burnsy5shoes » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:35 pm

I'm going to contact the club re the website and see what they say. I won't hold my breath for a reply, probably too busy with the dome carry on and working out a date to actually purchase the strips for next season... :shock:
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby NaeVay » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:49 am

What are you going to ask them or propose to them?
Nothing personal but this issue has been raised many times before so unless you're offering your services, I can't imagine you'll hear anything we haven't heard before.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:58 pm

For our club which has one of the smallest fanbases, you would think interraction with the fans would be of the HIGHEST priority. Making sure responses are prompt and access to merchandise etc. We should be trying to squeeze every penny into the club we can, surely the club could hire someone to keep on top of this.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Club has just put out an announcement on their new Facebook page - new official club YouTube channel which you can subscribe to right now - there will be a new website and an online shop - about time
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:33 pm

The on line shop is so long overdue that appeals for one began when the speed limit was 5 mph and a man with a red flag had to walk in front of the car :lol: I hope its pressure from the fans that have resulted in these development. look forward to seeing the range of goods available and hopefully they can be paid for on line. its about time I had a new scarf.
Alfie Olek

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Jacobsladder wrote:Club has just put out an announcement on their new Facebook page - new official club YouTube channel which you can subscribe to right now - there will be a new website and an online shop - about time

Can you provide a link to their new Facebook page, I can only find the old one.

Scratch that, found it. Here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonAccies ... al?fref=ts
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:14 pm

H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 pm

We can always hope this heralds an improvement but for me the problem has not been a lack of platforms; its been one of attitude, effort and interest.

The new Facebook page didn't merit a mention on the club Twitter feed; so which source should fans refer to and will they even be updated by the same person and the same time?

For me they would be better picking one platform and actually committing to it in terms of quality and content.

For instance having promised a fans forum but being unable to deliver it; the chairman could have used the Audio Boom site to put up an interview, explaining why the forum had not been arranged and covering whatever he wished to put out there etc. Instead we had silence.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Great news regarding an online shop, it's long overdue. Will we be able to buy our season tickets through it? I assume we'll now be able to buy using a credit or debit card for merchandise? Hopefully we'll see much better and much more merchandise now. I've said before many junior clubs put us to shame in that department.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby NaeVay » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:32 am

Sounds good. Hopefully it will all be done professionally and give a good impression to any visitors and would-be fans.

The current level of promotional posters, leaflets. Etc don't give that impression.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Not before time, especially for long distance Accies fans. We might even get a few Norwich fans buying our merchandise when the online shop's up and running.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Working for Cunard » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Not that I want to be negative, but the video on the page shows, amongst others, McLauchlin, Macarthur, Easton and Neil.....

Unless Canning has managed to pull off a real coup with signings........
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 pm

In response to your questions, you will be able to pay by card when the new shop launches and international shipping will be available.

From the official Facebook page so it looks as though that facility will be available unless they mean paypal? Now ur on a roll how about a debit machine at the office/shop so next year i don’t have to go to a hole in the wall and draw my season ticket money out?
Alfie Olek

Postby porcupine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Debit/Credit card machine highly unlikely due to low number of potential sales/through-put over 12 month contract, relative to up-front and ongoing costs from whatever service provider. Of course, a vibrant Club Shop with available stock at all times would make a difference, but this has been an ongoing failure for the last thirty years, IMO.

More chance of signing Messi.
porcupine
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies