Club Website

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Club Website

Postby burnsy5shoes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 am

I have raised a thread about this a few times and again before I get into it, I have to say that I accept people update and run the website with their own free time, however.....

It really is a bit poor. I suggested a while ago that we were miles behind in terms of quality and information. One of my suggestions was that we should have squad profiles. A bit of work got done and the website was updated with individual pictures of players but no profiles, ie stats, previous clubs etc.

I've had a look about at other clubs websites and they are far superior in terms of quality and information. One example, Greenock Morton. They have squad profiles for first team right down to development squads. They have pictures of all their coaches right down to the u15's!!!

We are meant to be scotlands premier club in terms of giving youth a chance but apart from actually attending youth games and updates via Twitter and small snippets on the website, I hardly know any youth players and results etc. I think a lot more work could be done in terms of getting pictures on the website, names of the players, who the coaches are, fixtures and results. Keep the fans updated so we can be proud of the club and who we have youth wise.

Even look at Clyde down in the bottom league. They have squad profiles and stats, their website looks a lot more professional!!

We are a premier league club and I just feel the website and info on offer to fans should be of a higher quality. I had also heard previously the club had advertised for a website guy/techno dude but got few replies. I may be wrong but surely with the west of scotland uni on our doorstep and with them doing computer courses, could we not get some guys in for experience from them to assist and bring our website up to scratch.

I await the usual responses about always being negative re the club but I just feel we could do a lot more for fans in promoting our club. Your thoughts???
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Re: Club Website

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Virtually nothing in the programme about the development sides. You'd think we'd be shouting about it from the rooftops. Not that I buy it anymore, one of the worst in Scotland.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Club website STILL has St Johnstone at home this Saturday as an away game.....
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:23 pm

Oops.....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Fixed now.... :roll:
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby burnsy5shoes » Thu May 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Can anyone confirm who at accies is responsible for the website??
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby KennyM » Thu May 21, 2015 2:13 pm

burnsy5shoes wrote:Can anyone confirm who at accies is responsible for the website??

How about instead of branding the website a disgrace and demanding to know who is responsible for it you provide some constructive criticism? Better yet, contribute and offer your spare time to develop it.
KennyM
Pub League

Postby leefy118 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:36 pm

The website is a disgrace, Kenny its a mess compared to other clubs.

They have proper TV channels , pay per view and lots of interesting stats about Old accies etc
leefy118
Pub League

Postby KennyM » Thu May 21, 2015 3:10 pm

leefy118 wrote:The website is a disgrace, Kenny its a mess compared to other clubs.

They have proper TV channels , pay per view and lots of interesting stats about Old accies etc

How much demand do you really think there is for an Accies tv channel? I would guess that the cost of camera's, production, and infrastructure to make this possible would never be recouped by the club from the number of people that would subscribe.

It would be lovely, but it would also be a loss making exercise.
KennyM
Pub League

Postby leefy118 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:25 pm

IF FALKIRK CAN HAVE IT THEN SO CAN WE. WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN THE BANK TO DO THIS, UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN SLEEPING AND MISSED THE EXTRA TRANSFER MONEY WE HAVE RECEIVED .
leefy118
Pub League

Postby KennyM » Thu May 21, 2015 3:33 pm

leefy118 wrote:IF FALKIRK CAN HAVE IT THEN SO CAN WE. WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN THE BANK TO DO THIS, UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN SLEEPING AND MISSED THE EXTRA TRANSFER MONEY WE HAVE RECEIVED .

I think your caps lock button is broken mate. So the club should undertake a loss making business decision purely because the club has a solid financial footing?
KennyM
Pub League

Postby leefy118 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Tell me how its a loss, as you would need to pay for it ? there's lots of things that can go on a website , ive made them myself, its only HTML, so yeah if clubs lower than us in the leagues can do it then so can we regardless of how big a club we are.

And NO it wasn't broken, just wanted to make sure you were paying attention, and also im not your mate.

regards
leefy118
Pub League

Postby KennyM » Thu May 21, 2015 4:49 pm

leefy118 wrote:Tell me how its a loss, as you would need to pay for it ? there's lots of things that can go on a website , ive made them myself, its only HTML, so yeah if clubs lower than us in the leagues can do it then so can we regardless of how big a club we are.

And NO it wasn't broken, just wanted to make sure you were paying attention, and also im not your mate.

regards

Because not enough people would subscribe to cover the running costs. Also, excessive use of caps make you look mental. Just food for thought.
KennyM
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu May 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Burnsy. From time to time this topic and communications raises its head. Don’t disagree with what you say.With regards to the web site I know Gilbert put a lot of time and effort into redesigning the website and while we can all have views on how good it is etc. its still down to gilbert for his hard work. I know he added the software to permit an online shop but nothing been done about that by the stadium company;s commercial dept and to be honest its not worth bothering about any more. At the same time they advertised for someone to be an online correspondent, I assume Glasgow Accie is doing this job or has some role in keeping it upto date and good luck to him. The whole attitude re the commercial side is about generating profit through the stadium. The fans are just nuisance. As someone’s has said there just aren’t enough of us to matter :(

The Commercial departments twitter catchline sums it up
Trying our best to make the club make good £s commercially locally & Internationally. Bringing COMM to Commercial
No mention of the fans
Alfie Olek

Postby glasgow accie » Fri May 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Lots of junior teams have better web sites than Accies and most have a section where you can watch highlights of games , see players info , buy merchandise , etc , etc .
It's not a lot to ask that Accies ( an SPFL team ) could do something similar .
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Fri May 22, 2015 2:27 pm

KennyM wrote:
burnsy5shoes wrote:Can anyone confirm who at accies is responsible for the website??

How about instead of branding the website a disgrace and demanding to know who is responsible for it you provide some constructive criticism? Better yet, contribute and offer your spare time to develop it.

Not everybody has the know how to contribute though.......and it is a bit shitty when compared to others.
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby monkeybones » Fri May 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Its a very poor website by todays standards,, sorry.

It Should be an overhead to the club, not a freebie or trying to be money making directly.

A club website should be about club info, fan communication, marketing etc. and just all round PR. Part of the fabric for every business theses days is a good web presence. It costs. Deal with it....
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Fri May 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Why not register the domain
www.happyclappers.com?
That would generate lots of profitable hits from some of the twats on here.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Park Materson wrote:Why not register the domain
http://www.happyclappers.com?
That would generate lots of profitable hits from some of the twats on here.

I think Accies will win tomorrow, so we will see you again in about a fortnight, as usual?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Sat May 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Blah,blah,blah.
Lol.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies