Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Club Statement today

Postby StewartP » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:13 pm

What are people’s thoughts on it?
StewartP
Pub League

Re: Club Statement today

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 pm

I think they've seen how much the crowd has dwindled in recent games and felt they need to put something out. Not been much communication recently.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby StewartP » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:29 pm

Agreed.

We need to try and get folk through the door. Better to have some money coming in than none. But even then, as though of us who have been going know, you need a decent performance to get excited about.

Forum is also a must at end of the season.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 pm

I took a couple of pics of the crowd from the Alba coverage. In my opinion, we had no more than 350 in the home end, not counting directors box. I can see why many could not stomach attending that particular game but against Stirling we only had 631 by the club's own admission. Laughable they tried to claim we had 803 on Saturday.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am

Maybe instead of releasing a Statement they could acknowledge that the drastic drop off in home attendance is entirely due to keeping their misguided faith in the dud in the dug out.

Whatever Rankin does, he is a dead man walking: win The Play Off and 90%+ of the fanbase will still have no faith he is the man to do well in The Championship whereas we stay down and he is still in place, Saturday’s home support will be the norm.

Whatever he does, he has lost the support and if Serif can’t see this,it will cost him big time next season home attendance wise.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am

I was about to say something similar YOH. Seref has come across brilliantly over his time with plenty of improvements off the park and we start to look like we are heading in the right direction. However; all of that means j*ck sh!t if you are blindly backing a failure in the dugout and a failure of a DoF. IF we fail in promotion then next season could be incredibly tough. Crowds will drop dramatically both home and away. I've also heard a few murmurs that Cove are going in heavy investment wise next season with Ryan Jack & Considine a couple of the names potentially joining. If we're not careful we could go through the same cycle has Falkirk are just exiting and with 300-400 odd fans going every week I just can't see how it is sustainable without Seref losing eyewatering amount of money or more academy sales before they've had a sniff of first team action. If we end up part-time, shutting the academy it could be a horrendous fall to Clydes level. this may feel dramatic but we aren't far off that already.

A critical month for the clubs wellbeing lies ahead.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 pm

Where is this Club Statement? Too many confusing Accies 'Official; web sites for me!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 pm

Club statement

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/club-statement/

As otheres have mentioned, unless Seref gets rid of the donkey in the dugout and takes Strain with him, we are gonna be stuck in this league for the forseeable future

Crowds will dwindle and Seref is gonna lose a shed load of cash. I admire his loyalty to Rankin, but I think most fans can see that Rankin is not the man to take us forward

Cut your losses Seref, you have done a lot of good for the club and dont let Rankin drag you down
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

Thanks for the real link, smc. Interesting times ahead for us long suffering fans. Seven potential games to go?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm

Fantastic work from our club supremo, recruitment has been spot on as picked by the league 1 players.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:52 pm

Agree with the sentiment but a pointless statement that was an exercise in stating the bleeding obvious.

Unfortunately, the standard of football on show and the total lack of faith in Rankin means there is little motivation to attend these games.

Can only see us stumbling into the play offs where we will inevitably bottle it against the first team we play that has belief and aggression (as has been the case all season) Bottom line is we have a weak squad poorly motivated by an incompetent manager. For me, any chance of challenging for the league ended with the first home game against Falkirk. Everything about our mentality was evident that day and Falkirk knew it too!

As others have said, i have been very happy with most of what Serif has tried to do and will continue to back him. BUT sticking by Rankin and Strain is ensuring we stay in this league (at best) for the forseeable.

As I have said previously, the issue is who can we realistically get to take on the managers job here? I feel this is possibly a factor in why Rankins job seems safe tbh. Strains involvement will surely put off any perspective candidates?

Sad to admit I really can't face tomorrow and dreading the play offs too.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:14 am

I'd move heaven and earth to get Andy Graham from Alloa. A rookie but I think he has something about him. Ex Accies too. Michael Tidser of Kelty also a decent shout. Also in the running would be Gary Naysmith. If Rankin can get us up he deserves to stay and have a crack at next season but, like many, I just don't think he has it as a manager. Excellent player and top guy but he has come up way short so far.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:01 pm

Loved Andy Graham as a player and agree he looks to be developing into a decent manager. Not sure he would come to us as he is clearly building momentum and learning his trade at a club with a good track record of allowing rookie managers to develop steadily with the right support. Way things are going, every chance Alloa is the team Wwe should be most worried about tbh.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies