Keep / Bin List

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Keep / Bin List

Postby AccieDownUnder » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:52 am

I've been thinking about the side and who I'd like to keep / bin. I think I'd want the same group of players regardless of the league as to win League 1 you really need a team who could compete middle to top half of the Championship. That may not be the case next year as it is looking slightly weaker but I wouldn't be taking any chances.

KEEP as a starter - Fulton, Owens, Tumilty, MacDonald, Martin, O'Hara, Smith, Rose (if a deal can be done).

KEEP as backup - One of Smith/Lyness, Longridge, Hamilton, Barjonas, Davidson (He's impressed me the most out of the January additions and I'd be keen to extend), Henderson, Newbury.

BIN - One of Smith/Lyness, Kilday, McGowan, Redfern, Murray, Winter, McGlynn, McGinn, Hendrie, Williamson, Hewitt, Hastie (end loan).

Some of the bin list may seem harsh but it's more because of the massive squad and we have far too many players of the same profile. Barjo / Williamson for example I'd only be looking to keep one of.

This would give us a squad of 15 allowing for 3/4 more good additions to top up the squad and rely on our youth players to compliment the bench when required. I am aware I may have put some players on another year contract into the BIN pile which makes things far more difficult. Our squad is an inflated mess thanks to Strain and Rankin. Cut it by 25% and you'll have far more budget to play with to add proper quality. Hamilton is a real tough one but I think I'd be risking a contract in the hope we can get a pre-injury version. I'd like to see him get a run out (if it's safe to do so) before the end of the season in one of our meaningless fixtures.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Re: Keep / Bin List

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Bin:
G: One of the 3 Keepers will go,so that leaves 2, although talk Fulton’s contract is up at end of season.

D:Bin McGowan/Tumilty- who have both been a major disappointment and squad duffers like Stephen Hendrie.

Perhaps add the injury prone mid 30’s Lee Kilday to the list but only if Jamie Hamilton gets back to full fitness.

Retain McGinn,Longridge and the three central defenders: Fergus Owens,Jamie Hamilton and Cian Newbury who has really impressed at Dumbarton.

Thus,only need a new right back as the rest would suffice for this League.

Midfield: Mikey Hewitt,Jake Davidson will be gone anyway although Williamson is on a 2 year deal, so we are stuck with him.

The question here is does Scott Martin stay if in this League for one more year plus Kyle McDonald out till at least October.

Add Barjonas and Marley Redfearn to the Bin List for me as both flatter to deceive.

Lewis Smith to stay and young lads Lewis Latona and Paddy Meechan may see more game time next season.

W/F: Connor Murray/Jake Hastie are two who I would try to keep if nothing better out there.

Hastie was playing well until mucked about by Rankin, while Murray has done ok when played- but again seemingly injured a lot, so this may go against him.

O’Hara signed a new deal, so he is staying and it would be good to see Ben Black and Lewis Morgan/Kravala get some game time next season.

McGlynn/Mumbongo will both probably go and Ahkeem Rose will command a fee.

I was keen on Ewan Henderson but like others, he has regressed as the season went on, so perhaps his future is up in the air.

Andy Winter hasn’t kicked on and he can do a Reghan Mimmnaugh and go also.

So, 2 strikers for me to join O’Hara and the kids, whether that be Ahkeem Rose and one other.

We tried to sign Annan’s Tommy Goss twice this season according to a Board Member, so I would go in for him a third time as he could act as the target man we need in this league.

So,in total, a right back,2 midfielders and 2 strikers and replace the dross with some of the kids.

It is unsustainable to run with the size of squad we have in this League and it has hindered the progress of our youngsters and is not needed anyway as Falkirk have proved.

So,bin 10-14 and bring in 5 quality over quantity additions.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies