Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Queen of the South - Saturday, March 30th

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Queen of the South - Saturday, March 30th

Postby Billybamz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Need 3 points ,hopfully a good performance as well.ill take 2.0 or more .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 pm

Hope we keep up our amazing record against this side and get five league wins in a row for the first time in many years.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:17 pm

That game summed up our season…lacklustre and the coup d’grat was handing Falkirk the League without them having to work for it today.

Apart from Hastie hitting the bar(he should be starting) and a few saves from Dean Lyness, it was the usual huff and puff against a side who were terrible up front.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:34 pm

Our season in a nutshell. No belief, tactical awareness or urgency. How many home games have we seen where the opposition grows in confidence when they realise we offer very little goal threat?
I was at the reserve cup semi final on Tuesday and it was exactly the same story.
I believe we have the players, so the issue must be with the management. We must have the biggest squad this league has ever seen, but play without ambition, urgency or the ability to change shape. This is JR's team, but constantly baffling team selection/sub's/omission of players is hugely frustrating.
In this era where off field activities are the most positive in a generation, this must be reflected on the pitch. We are kidding ourselves if we pin our hopes on play offs. If we dispose of a team in this league, (a big iff) we then face a battle hardened full time team, fighting for their lives (like we have been several times) and I just cannot see how we come through this. I hope I'm wrong, but I am too long in the tooth.
The poor crowds and absence of lifelong fans do not lie.
On a positive note.....at least the sun was shining.
Mon the Accies!
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:29 pm

We played fairly well in the first half and I firmly believe we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. O'Hara also very unlucky was a great angled effort near half time. Started the second ok, Smith had a good run and cross and then was promptly hooked. Baffling. I like Hastie though but he saw little of the ball until late on when he hit the bar. I'd have kept Rose on too. We fell away after those subs. Queens bossed it for a lot of the second half, one fifteen minute spell in particular. Lyness was kept busy. Sending off a nonsense but Scottish refs...I don't think they understand the game.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:56 pm

I think we had the best of the first half and Queens the best of the second.
The main positive was that we didn't lose the game, as I felt it was coming in the second half.
Going into the play offs it will be key to remain hard to beat but we really need to start taking our chances at home.
How we do that, I'm not sure tbh.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:14 am

Forgot to mention the disgraceful reaction from Tumilty to a guy in Section A.

The guy shouted to show some urgency, was met with a glare and then a couple of minutes later Tumilty blasted the ball at full force into Section A.

Another example of the disconnect between this team and by extension Management vis a vis supporters.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 am

Accies Twitter said six minutes were added at end. The injury stoppage for the right back being assessed then stretchered off was at least that plus there was another injury stoppage and all the subs. It should've been around nine minutes; yet another Scottish ref that either can't count or can't be bothered giving us the full ninety minutes that we're due.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 am

Out of interest, how does 19 points behind and losing the title in March align with the KPI’s? My brother was in hospitality a few weeks ago and was speaking to (or more like complaining to) a director. The said director claimed that Accies budget far out weighs Falkirk’s! Apart from Martin and Fulton I can’t think of any of our starting 11 who gets in there’s? What a waste of money on an inflated overpriced squad. Hopefully we can sneak up through the playoffs and press the reset button on the whole damn thing.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:33 am

I believe that overall we do have a decent squad, with a few exceptions, I am looking at you McGowan. We simply have a manager who is out of his depth a very inexperienced assistant, both of whom are tactically inept. They do not have a clue how to motivate and get the best out of the squad they have, Dylan Tait for example who seems to be florishing at falkirk under their experienced manager

We have obviously made the playoffs, but how many here think we have even a chance of going up.

So another season in this league, which will mean crowds will get smaller that they already are and perhaps even leading to part time football

Rankin and Mckinnon need to be gone by the summer, once we fail to go up. If they remain we will languish in this league for years and Serf will end up losing a small fortune
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies