Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Edinburgh City .V. Accies - Sat, Dec 30th

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:47 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Edinburgh City .V. Accies - Sat, Dec 30th

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:43 pm

Probably the worst SPFL stadium in Scotland for viewing a game now. What seems like miles away from the action.
Just can't be bothered. We either win or we loose here. Auto Promotion a distant memory, at this stage.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby accie » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:12 pm

Got to go at them from the start and win comfortably, given Cove took 7 off them. An out and out Striker with loads of support.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:50 pm

Even though it looks like automatic promotion is unlikely to say the least, the team need to have it drummed into them they need to win every game and work on the goal difference to ensure we take advantage of any Falkirk slip up.

I expected to see a big reaction on Saturday but saw nothing to suggest that those that played were motivated to make amends (other than a couple of exceptions)

Will be going to this out of loyalty and duty, not with optimism tbh. BUT, to expect the team to keep going, we need to keep supporting them and play whatever part we can.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:13 pm

Horrible place, happy to never go there. Hopefully their financial troubles aren't trivial and they crash and burn.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Theaccie1 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:34 am

Time to hit the reset button and go again.
We need to gain a positive result and build on it with a run of games.
The injuries are a concern but those that have been waiting for an opportunity need to step up, it's now or never.

I don't buy into the league being done, anything can still happen, falkirk have busy periods coming up as they're still in the cups.
Injuries, suspensions, fatigue could creep into their game.
Need them to lose their first game though and see how they react, we also need to be taking advantage when it happens!
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:05 pm

That second half clearly demonstrated why this team will neither win the league or be promoted via the play offs.!

First half on top and playing a team that looked broken. Very comfortable at half time. We came out after the break flat and complacent with (not for the first time this season) a total lack of desire to finish the job in style and concede two goals. Rankin had one job today, win the game by at least matching the Falkirk score with no damage to the goal difference. From easy street to surrendering a two goal advantage to Falkirk in 45 mins. He seems incapable of getting his team "on it" for 90mins and that for me is inexcusable. Whatever KPIs his performance is being assessed by does not reflect the reality. Unbelievable how many tap ins were missed from inside the 6 yard box yet again!!!

Oh and trying to make a pointless sub so deep into injury that the ref blows the whistle before the player is stripped, wow new levels of cluelessness! Going to be a long pointless season untill we inevitably bottle it in a play off I fear
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:44 pm

Accies twitter said that the ref blew right on the 90 and didn't bother with added time.

Watching scores come in at home. From five goals in twenty minutes and punishing a team of mostly late teens, I'm thinking surely we'll go for the jugular and try for double figures. Someone at the game on p&b says it looked like we didn't want to embarrass City. Instead we get embarrassed! OK, we did hit the bar twice after that but Falkirk win that minimum 8-0, no excuses, no near things. Shameful that they actually gained more ground today. I agree, no chance Rankin has the nous to get us promoted.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:00 pm

There is no way anyone can seriously claim we took it easy to spare city in the second half (and even if we did no player in a "title race" could claim to be a professional). Goal difference can be as good as a point in a proper title race.

The simple truth is we don't have that killer instinct, waste a huge amount of easy chances every game and we don't have a manager that can motivate a squad for 90 mins.

A telling admission at the recent fans forum was that there were players who were looking for an additional bonus for beating Falkirk. To me that's grounds for the sack! Your main task this season is beating the favourite for the league title! That's all the fe#*!#% motivation required. Its not an extra. We need warriors to get out this league and sadly we have too few.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby StewartP » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:44 pm

Looking for a bonus for beating our main rival for the title?!

That’s outrageous.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:01 pm

StewartP wrote:Looking for a bonus for beating our main rival for the title?!

That’s outrageous.

Glad you agree. It's their job! Embarrassing to expect an additional reward when let's be honest about it, they are in what should be a two horse race if they attend to the day job. Yes players should get a win bonus, and they do, but to expect an enhanced bonus on top for that game is pathetic
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:25 pm

Where did that little nugget come from? Serif? Strain?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:35 am

Think it was said at The Fans Forum on December 21st.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:47 pm

I am not defending Rankin in any shape or form but he is simply not the man to get us out of this league. Tactically he is cluless and cannot seem to motivate a team to play for 90 minutes.

Serif on other hand must be looking and saying look at results and to an extent he has a point. In our last 7 league games, we have won 5-0, twice and yesterdays 2-5 as well as a win and 2 draws, with only 1 defeat, albeit to our main rivals. Are we being too demanding.

We are only a tiny selection of the fan base, I wonder what other fans are thinking, should he stay or be punted
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:44 pm

Don't think it's a case of being too demanding, its simply the reality of our situation.. Serif is essentially funding the club, using his own money in an all out attempt to firstly get promoted then build on the ambition he has for the club.

A combination of naive management and players not performing when it matters means it looks like promotion is unlikely (at the moment if we are bing optimistic and hopeful we can have a good window). Yes we have had some high scoring games but we are a well funded full time squad playing in essentially a part time league. Dropping points to Edinburgh City and Kelty at home is where we have failed. Games which we should have won but for avoidable errors. Very fine margins and a tough standard has been set by Falkirk I accept, but the reality is we will not survive a prolonged stay in this league.

I think we are lucky to have Serif. His transparency and ambition has impressed me and won me over. However, there is not a bottomless pot of cash and the players and management need to step up.and appreciate this. During our recent periods of relative success, Accies had a reputation as being a gritty, hard working team, difficult to break down with a never say die attitude. At the last forum he attended, Rankin stated this is the identity he wanted us to have again as he hated playing against us as a player.

I can not see how any fan that watches us regularly could argue that is the identity we currently have?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:58 pm

There IS place for a win bonus, BUT that should be for winning the League outright, without the need of play-offs. That should be the only significant incentive required. Maybe That's what the players Requests/Demands were all about?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bertiejoejoe » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:14 pm

Rankin not the man to take the club forward! Not a master of tactics or substitutions that change games. Trying to make 2 changes on 90 mins for 2 of the promising youth players was a token gesture and an absolute shit show, probably wouldn’t even of touched the ball if they got on, it would be better for the boys who are showing promise to move on for their own development as they won’t get it as long as he is in charge of the club. Watched reserve games recently, Latona and mcginn both proved very good players but obviously rankin won’t give them game time for one reason or another. He would rather stick by his trusted ones he has brought in that are probably not better than both reserve players!!
Bertiejoejoe
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:56 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Horrible place, happy to never go there. Hopefully their financial troubles aren't trivial and they crash and burn.

Attendance quoted as 333 with 183 Accies fans, so 150 home support, probably consisting of a big crowd of wee boys again. No way can any club survive on that kind of gate income. Their financial situation must be dire, SC. Who can be backing them?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:34 pm

There was nowhere near 150 Edin fans..I would have said about 50.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:28 pm

It's a ground that would disgrace the 8th tier never mind the 3rd. I honestly hope they go out the game. Or failing that, finish bottom two seasons in a row and go back to non league.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies