Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Falkirk - Sat, Dec 16th

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:30 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Falkirk - Sat, Dec 16th

Postby Theaccie1 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:23 am

The league wont be decided in this game for sure, but it would be good to get a win and put doubt in Falkirks minds with their first defeat.
They have a a tendancy to collapse over the last few seasons when it gets to the crunch - long may it continue!
They didnt play particularly well against Clyde at our ground also last season, so hopefully that continues against us.

From an Accies point of view Im just looking to see if we can build up some positive momentum going into the new year.
I think we know the team has the capability to deliver more, and I'm really hoping we click into top gear at the right time of the season.

C'mon the Accies
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:49 pm

We have had a strong defence this season so providing we finish all those missed chances that our midfield and forwards have created in all games so far, then we have nothing to fear about our home fixture v Falkirk.

All teams have the odd poor game, and we’re no exception. We’ve had them v FC Edinburgh and Alloa so that’s them over for a while, so no reason to think it should be anything other than a home win.

Falkirk are by no means an unbeatable team.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:57 pm

Perhaps Mumbongo will be back on the bench for this after scoring four in a 10-0 Reserve League Cup rout against Partick. Joe McGlynn also got four, one a penalty. Chris Neeson and Ben Black were the other scorers. We top the group with four wins from four.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby StewartP » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:31 am

Nervous about today. Depends on how Rankin lines us up but I’ll go 1-0 Accies and be positive!
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:33 pm

They wanted it far more, simple as that. Didn't seem to be any tactic, no possession, no forward play till we were 3.1 down and they sat in. The worst keeper I've seen in ages, and our goal, and few chances, came from his howlers. Got exactly what we deserved.
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:09 pm

Ready made excuse for Rankin with Kilday injured in warm up and losing Martin early but it was clear from first five minutes that they were bossing it. I have to say though that penalty was ridiculous. A deflected ball, travelling at 100mph, what is he supposed to do? Penalised for having arms! As CTA said, a very wobbly keeper but we didn't do enough though you have to credit his defenders for protecting him so well. We had nobody of Miller and Morrison's class so they deserve today and it's hard to see them losing. At least Cove lost. I think we're playing for second place, not that that offers any real benefit. Decent turnout of fans, I didn't expect 1800 odd.

Should also mention that that was one hell of a niggly game. From both sides, no one was allowed to beat someone without an attempt at a foul. Must have been over 30 fouls.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby StewartP » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:13 pm

Beaten by a better team, so much for being positive. Looked off it before Scotty had to go off. He’d have fought at least.

Tbf I thought Smith worked hard and O’Hara didn’t stop running either but needed help much sooner than we attempted to give it to him.

Zanatta was back to how he usually plays and looked disinterested.

Losing 3rd goal from our own free kick where with wind at our back we didn’t put it in the box was unforgivable.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:04 pm

We’re alll of the same opinion. Better team won but a 2-1 scoreline would have been fairer. McDonlad’s howler will haunt him tonight, and beyond, though he’s a midfielder and not a defender, and was drafted in due to injury.

They were better organised with a clear game plan, which we didn’t seem to have. We never really capitalised on their really poor keeper.

Falkirk might yet falter against other teams, but we need to ensure that we win ALL those other games to ensure we are still challenging for the automatic promotion place.otherwise there’s a danger of us doing a Falkirk for a few seasons.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:14 pm

Dear John, Time to go.. not the right guy. Tactics poor. Zanatta? Really? When we play him we are a man short. We can all see it. Also, zero pressing from the team. Every week. Good squad. Poor manager
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 pm

https://youtu.be/LchI1K0C2bg?si=Ct4My_pzxx8BZTsx

Penalty really is ridiculous. Hammered at him and the ref is even on the blind side of where it hit him. I think the Falkirk fans got that penalty. Decent home turnout especially in the bottom right corner, busiest I've seen it since we played Motherwell. Can't see there being 1813 home fans, 1500 seems likelier. I guess they count every ST as being present.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies