Montrose Away on Saturday night

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Montrose Away on Saturday night

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:48 pm

Game on BBC Alba k/o 17.30 (weather permitting)

Apparently little interest given total lack of postings here :(
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Montrose Away on Saturday night

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:59 pm

I think there is interest but reckon this Forum is only used regularly by half a dozen folks these days :(

It's not supported by young fans who probably see it more as a group of old gits moaning about Accies.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 am

:o :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:30 pm

Need a really big performance tonight. Need to keep in touch with Falkirk and can not afford to drop anymore points!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby StewartP » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:18 pm

Given Falkirk keep winning and scoring more than 1 goal we need a win tonight to bounce back and keep in touch.

What do people think of the line up? Personally I’m glad as we needed to make changes following last season week.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:17 pm

Keep McGlynn in the team! OK , it meant Henderson playing behind but that role seemed to suit him. Not sure why we went to a back five at 2-0 but we got a third so can't complain. It's hard to criticise Mumbongo as he hasn't had a league start but he didn't look great. Continually offside. I don't know what Smith has done to upset Rankin but I think he may even be a better option, even though he's clearly not a No.9. I wasn't there but my mate says he was sensational in Coleraine yet he's hardly had a chance since then. Anyway, back to tonight, despite the glitches it was a good watch. Best were Scott Martin, Kyle Macdonald and Reghan Tumilty. Nobody under 7/10.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:12 pm

Not good enough in the first half and again wasteful when opportunities were created. Conditions may have played a part though. The main thing is we managed to get ahead before the break. Great for McGlyn to get a goal. Had a hard shift in the early stages but stuck at it well.

Second half much better and could have sneaked one or two more tbh. Big result and great to match the Falkirk score. Upwards and onwards and work towards six points over the next two games.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies