UEFA Youth Game Tuesday Night??

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

UEFA Youth Game Tuesday Night??

Postby porcupine » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:43 pm

Was it the case that I heard something on the PA on Saturday about a UEFA Youth game at NDP on Tuesday with a kick-off of 7pm?

If this is the situation can someone from the Club point out on their website where the details are for this.

Failing that, what do any fellow poster know about this?
porcupine
Premiership

Re: UEFA Youth Game Tuesday Night??

Postby Gav » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:34 pm

To be fair it has been well advertised on twitter.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:15 pm

But what if those of us don't Twitter/tweet or whatever? Is it not "X" now? or is that something else?

Just a great pity that HAFC website under "News", does not deem it worthy of some facts.

However, I've now found Twitter and HAFC on the web, with much more information, as this late stage, Gav, so thanks for post.

Think I now have a new favourite link for up-to-date news about Accies. :D 7pm K/O £5 all fans. No Seasons valid.

Seems to be 2nd leg of tie. What was score first leg?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:31 pm

We lost 3-0 so unlikely we'll progress. Does anyone else have an issue with a child having to pay the same as a wage earner? Could they not have let kids in for free or made it a quid for concessions?

We have two competing Twitter/X accounts, by the way. Why? Because it's Accies!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:46 pm

FFS! This is becoming worse and worse. I'm lost as to what 'Official' website that we have, and now just as I think I have something with real and up to date information, I'm no further forward. What can be done about this situation?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby HamiltonValcea » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:42 pm

What is the second Accies’ Twitter account? I could only find @acciesfc.
HamiltonValcea
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:49 pm

HamiltonValcea wrote:What is the second Accies’ Twitter account? I could only find @acciesfc.

Hamilton Academical @theacciesfc

Ridiculous.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Crying Time Again 2 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:53 pm

Unfortunately lost an early goal to seemingly put the game out of reach.
Accies youth teams being what they are, pulled it back to 4.4 with 2 penalties.
Not to be as we lost a late goal to lose the tie, but we seemed to win the 20 man brawls!
Great, gutsy performance against a good, strong, skillful team. Created lots of good chances and their keeper (who looked shaky most of the game)pulled off a couple of wonder saves.
Great crowd too.
Crying Time Again 2
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:00 pm

Match Report

We start the game with a 3-0 deficit against us. They look a bigger, stronger, (dare I say older?) team than we are.
Molde then score the first goal so it's 0-4 at that point. Game over, you say?

Not a bit of it. Boys battle back and win a penalty, well put away by Ben Black. 1-4. Just before half-time we then score another well taken headed goal and it's 2-4 on aggregate, and 2-1 for us on the night.

Second half we win another penalty (no-one booked?) and its 3-1 for us tonight but still 3-4 to Molde. Boys continue to push for an equaliser and it comes up so it's 4-4 on aggregate, with extra time and penalties looming, though we are pressing for a fifth goal with lots of good play in their half from us.

Ball breaks away and they surge up field and score an excellent goal in the top corner which even a full-time professional Premier League Keeper would never get near. Game ends at 5-4 overall but 4-2 to us on the night. Bit of a stramash just before the final whistle with two players booked on each side. Another melee after final whistle where frustration meant lots of pushing and shoving resulting in a second yellow and a red card for an Accies player.

This team showed great resilience to come back from the dead to draw 4-4 and nearly win this tie. Congratulations to Molde who clearly won this on home territory but the Accies squad and staff can take immense pride in handling a top class Norwegian outfit tonight. Lots of promise for the future in our first team from these lads.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:30 pm

695 is not really a great crowd. When we were last in this, the club let everyone in for free and the crowd was around 3,000. The club should hang it's head for having no mention of the match on their website.

It would have gone straight to penalties had the agg scores been tied. Like you say, a great effort and maybe some of these lads should be in the first team squad.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:42 pm

I had no idea that this game was on, or I’d have gone along. The previous European games were fantastic.
Not a fan of Twitter, generally too toxic, even if it’s a good source of Accies news, tried it for a few months and deleted it.
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies