Accies v Alloa

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Alloa

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:53 pm

Phew! A lacklustre, flat display. Maybe Rankin could think about playing Lewis Smith and Joe McGlynn from the start. Crazy thought, I know. Had that Alloa header gone in off the bar I think we were beat, I couldn't see us rallying and the crowd would have turned. Got away with it but we need to be better, starting with the man who picks the team.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Re: Accies v Alloa

Postby StewartP » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:07 pm

Positive was that we fought until the end and nicked the late winner.

We had so much possession but really struggled to create in the final third. I agree that it the late header hadn’t hit the woodwork I don’t think we’d have drawn level.

However, our unbeaten run continues and 3 points even we were lacklustre is important.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:42 pm

As above, big improvement needed before queens game. This squad are too good to squeek games.Goal difference could be vital come the business end of the season.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:40 pm

I agree with all the posts tbh.

The first half we retained possession well but were just going through the motions without seriously threatening.
We couldn't seem to find the right ball when it mattered and never troubled their shape with our predictable slow pace passing.
Alloa offered nothing much in the first half and it was extremely comfortable.

In the second half the early goal helped but we couldn't kick on and put Alloa away from that position (which we need to start doing in future games)
It was geat trickery from Jamie just inside the box who fed it to Henderson who bundled it into the net.
When the second goal didn't happen, Alloa grew in confidence and had a few good chances including their goal.
The free kick which hit the bar leading to their goal from the rebound was stunning, some curve round our wall.
On another day they could have walked away with the three points and had the chances including hitting the bar.
Some of the changes made a difference with Lewis and Joe offering something different and more of a direct threat, the off the ball running was great too.
The goal was a nice cute flick from Joe after a free kick was played to the right hand side for Kyle to deliver a perfect low cross just inside the 6 yard box.

Improvements are definitely required but if we keep winning while improving this is a good sign for sure.
Last edited by Theaccie1 on Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Theaccie1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:01 am

Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:13 am

New regime but still not giving honest crowd figures. No way we have 1193 Accies fans there. It looks about 700! If we have somehow managed to sell 848 season tickets where are they all? Have many just been given away and are counted as being in attendance? The Cove attendance was decent and the figure plausible but the two since then have been clearly wrong.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:09 pm

I'll correct the above post. I think we could have had 900 there. There were also some people watching from the boxes for the first time in a while. Still not accepting we had 1193 though.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:12 pm

C'mon that looks about 500-600. Stand only holds 3300- no way is that stand close to being a third full.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:37 am

I think people tend to underestimate crowds. I just did it. There are a good 160-180 in the bottom right, mainly kids. Then about 80 in the next section. I'm in the next one and I'd say 230-250. The next one to the left of the directors box is busier, maybe 300-320. There's maybe another 150 in the remaining three sections. Add a few in hospitality. Oops, that actually comes to about 1,000 if you take the maximum amounts. It's possible. Still don't accept 1193 but they are maybe including all 848 STs. I believe we had more than the 315 STs quoted by McGowan last season and they were always included in the crowd figures, the 315 was the number that actually purchased them. I think a lot are/were given away to charities, businesses even schools.

I heard a while back that they include the directors box too. If that's still the case that brings it up well over a thousand.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:26 pm

Better eyesight than me, SC! . I thought about it, but decided to preserve what sight I had to watch the games ahead.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies