Coleraine Away

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Coleraine Away

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:18 am

A trip many fans are looking forward to judging by Social Media.Not looking forward to a 4am departure though lol.

Bus from HAFSWO(4am departure) and an Official Club Bus staying in Derry as well as loads travelling via Glasgow/Edinburgh airports.

I expect some squad players to get game time along with Dylan McGowan/Ryan Fulton and with key first teamers on the bench ready if needed.

The one shining light last season was a great day in Falkirk and a great night afterwards with the players which we would like to repeat.This competition can give much needed game time to fringe players and back to back wins would be great while being mindful that the League is the Number 1 focus.

Those who attended the celebrations in The Bay Horse with the squad had a memorable evening which will live long in the memory.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: Coleraine Away

Postby wearyelco » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:04 pm

Anyone know if the club bus is leaving at 4am as well?
wearyelco
Pub League

Postby Gav » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:19 pm

Anyone know if the club bus is still going ?
Gav
Championship

Postby Beckford » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:49 pm

I made a few attempts at getting details for the club bus before booking. Gave up in the end and made alternative plans
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:44 pm

Patsy's Bar is where the bus,Ferry and early flight fans are heading and all arranged with the Licensee.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby wearyelco » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:24 pm

Bus leaving at 5am with a pickup at Monkton
wearyelco
Pub League

Postby Todd_is_God » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:29 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Patsy's Bar is where the bus,Ferry and early flight fans are heading and all arranged with the Licensee.

The Vaults bus is going to the Railway Arms btw
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Theaccie1 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:57 am

Safe travels to everyone going....enjoy.
I expect there'll be a bit of squad rotation to give some fringe players a turn.
Hoping for the win and into the next round.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Gilbaldo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:20 am

From The Belfast Telegraph....

Clinical Hamilton Academical ensured the defence of their SPFL Trust Trophy continued as they put waste Coleraine to the sword at The Showgrounds.
The game would just be 11 minutes old when the visitors took the lead as Lewis Smith seized upon a poor pass by Coleraine and burst into the box before arrowing an unstoppable effort into the bottom corner.

However, the Bannsiders would respond soon after as Matthew Shevlin held the ball up and picked out Lee Lynch who delightfully passed the ball into the bottom corner.

The Accies – who beat Raith Rovers in the Final of the competition last year – regained the lead on 48 minutes as Smith centred the ball for the grateful Dario Zanatta to finish.

Coleraine would then squander chances through Jamie Glackin, Lyndon Kane and Conor McKendry to bag an equaliser and paid the penalty as Jamie Barjonas settled matters on 82 minutes with a devastating finish.

After kick-off was delayed due to flight issues at Edinburgh Airport, Hamilton boss John Rankin was pleased to see his players reach the fourth round of the competition unscathed and leave the vocal away support delighted.

"Logistically this was the toughest tie of the draw for us,” he said.

"As soon as it came out it wasn't one I fancied as I knew it was going to be really, really tough.

"We were up at 5am this morning then the flight was delayed which led to the kick-off being delayed.

"At one point we were thinking, do we need to let them know that the game is maybe going to be off.

"But I think we had a duty to the supporters to put on a performance because they travelled in numbers to be here.

"There must have been about 250-300 fans here, so we're delighted for them to have come this distance and get into the next round.

"So the day didn't start well, but it certainly finished well. I thought the boys got better the longer the game went on.

"They are a decent side and we've had them watched three or four times. As I say, we knew they would dominate periods so it was a case of us trying to weather that storm.

"The goals came at the right time for us today to get ourselves in front albeit in my opinion we conceded a sloppy goal. We got back in front at a good time at the start of the second half.

"It was then a case of if we could be disciplined, retain our shape and make sure the distance between our lines is good.”

Bannsiders boss Oran Kearney believes the visitors’ killer instinct in front of goal was the big difference across the 90 minutes.

“It was enjoyable in terms of experience for our lads in a different competition and against different opposition,” he added.

“For big parts of it, I thought it was a really good game and I think both teams had plenty of opportunities.

“We can’t argue with that side of it and the difference between the two teams was when they got into those areas, they were very clinical.

“It’s something we talk about and feels like something we spend a lot of time working on in training but on a match day it’s those final choices that have a big impact in that.

“It’s frustrating because you feel we had more than enough in us to get something from the game but you’ve got to put the ball into the back of the net.”

COLERAINE: Gallagher 6, Kane 6, D. Jarvis 6, Kelly 6, A. Jarvis 5 (Devine 46 mins) 5, McKendry 6, Shevlin 7, Carson 7, Lynch 6 (McDaid 81 mins) 5, Glackin 6, Cole 6.

Subs not used: Deane, Mitchell, Wallace, McCrudden, Harkin, Gaston, Tejada.

HAMILTON ACADEMICAL: J. Smith 8, Longridge 6, Kilday 6, Henderson 6 (Tait 88 mins) 5, Martin 8, Zanatta 7 (O’Hara 64 mins) 5, L. Smith 8 (Hendrie 84 mins) 5, Murray 6 (Barjonas 64 mins) 6, MacDonald 6, McGowan 6 (O’Brien 64 mins) 5, Tumilty 6.

Subs not used: Fulton, McGlynn, McGinn, Hewitt.

Referee: Christopher Morrison

Match Rating: 6/10

Man of the Match: Scott Martin
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:59 am

great result and well done to the team and those fans that travelled.

We really are a complete tinpot club though, absolute amateur. How can we expect to taken seriously when we have our players probably getting up at 4 am to travell to a match for 3pm kick off. Not exactly best preparation for a game. Is the club that skint that we could not have a wee overnighter for the team to allow them to relax and be ready for game the following day.

Club were getting pelters on Twitter about this yesterday
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Westender » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:54 pm

Well we got the result but aweful having travelled all that way at great expense then have to leave 15 minutes early . It just spoilt the whole experience
Westender
Pub League

Postby Theaccie1 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Gav » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:18 am

Superb day/weekend away.

Team played fairly well and won comfortably and a fantastic atmosphere in the pub and at the game and looked like everyone behaved.

The less said about the late kick off the better.
Gav
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:31 pm

A great day spoiled only by having to leave early although I managed to see the third goal before hot-footing it to the bus.

Great to see some faces from the past and folk who had fallen away in recent years also about Coleraine on Saturday.

Yes,it is second fiddle to the League, but it would be Great to once again win this back to back.

Hopefully TNS away next.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies