Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Welcome back

Postby Billybamz » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:21 pm

Dylan macgowan,2 year contract
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Re: Welcome back

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:52 pm

Good signing, but still need two strikers also.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:40 pm

Agree, if confirmed somewhere?? Where was this found? NOT the NEWS on the Accies FC Web site?

Further strength in defence. Lack of that was our problem until MacGowan arrived in January by which time it was too late. We already have a fairly solid looking back four/five so Dylan playing alongside O'Brien & Kilday as central defenders, and two wing backs bombing forward, should continue to produce goal scoring opportunities from our hard working mid-fielders, to our two up-front.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:04 pm

Good news. Tumilty is a wing back, he's not good enough defensively to be a back four defender. This should free him up.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:46 pm

Lack of goals is the issue. Good player but money would surely have been better used increasing our fire power. Agree may mean Tumilty is pushed further forward. McGlynn to be used more now too?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:36 am

Good signing and that should hopefully close the door at the back for conceding goals, especially when Fulton comes back

All we need is a striker, not a winger, and we should have this league won
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Theaccie1 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:46 pm

Welcome back.....Really happy with this signing and was thinking we had missed our chance.

The 3x quality centre backs in defence will allow the left and right back to push further up the field to help create more of an attacking threat.
Agree with other comments though that another striker is priority to give us an additional option over a long season ahead.
Some players up front are due a bit of a run so some rotation may sort short term.

Great work being done to bring this squad together so far though.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby 1874HAFC » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:18 pm

What a great support for the team in coleraine on Saturday .things are starting to change at accies for the better old faces returning in the stands..great to see them back...wee have a great bunch of boys in the changing room who are hungry for success and a backroom staff pulling together and working hard to keep the players focused. And above all the dedication of the new board. the directors who are 100 percent behind everything that happens behind the scenes. Serif gerry john and Bob loved the support we got on Saturday...so please keep supporting us and we will try and repay you with the league title...sorry if the grammars crap. Yours in sport. a member of staff..
1874HAFC
Pub League

Postby FergiesBawls » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:18 am

1874HAFC, this post is about Dylan McGowan. Nevertheless, I'll take this opportunity to ask you a few questions as you're a member of staff. I'm unclear about the demarcation between the stadium company and the football club. Who owns the club shop? Who employs Gillian and other members of staff? Why does the stadium company use Hamilton Academical as the name of its Facebook page? Any other info on the relationship between the stadium company and the football club would be appreciated.
FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby 1874HAFC » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:06 pm

Firstly this post is not about Dylan mc gowan..secondly the club shop is owned by the people who put the merchandise in the shop thirdly who does gillian work for what does that matter to you ..social media is run by the social media personal..stadium company and H.A.F.C
Have a very good relationship..hope I have been a help..
1874HAFC
Pub League

Postby Todd_is_God » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:08 am

1874HAFC wrote:Firstly this post is not about Dylan mc gowan..secondly the club shop is owned by the people who put the merchandise in the shop thirdly who does gillian work for what does that matter to you ..social media is run by the social media personal..stadium company and H.A.F.C
Have a very good relationship..hope I have been a help..

Not really tbh. It's this type of defensive and mysterious post that continues to brew mistrust.

"Social media is run by the social media personel" for example, does nothing to explain why the same posts often appear on both social media channels (sometimes even being deleted from the wrong one and reposted on the correct one) - they are supposed to represent two completely seperate entities yet its clear there is shared access.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby FergiesBawls » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:42 am

1847HAFC, your answer is of no help at all, as you have avoided answering my questions. You say you are a member of staff and you have chosen a username that references the football club. Are you employed by the football club or the stadium company?
FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby 1874HAFC » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Why don't you come into the stadium and ask one of the the front door staff and they will come and get me they know w ho I am..never mind hiding behind fergies bawls look forward to meeting you..
1874HAFC
Pub League

Postby FergiesBawls » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:59 am

I think you've wasted enough of my time as it is. There's no need to make personal attacks either.
FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:34 am

"Never mind hiding behind FergiesBawls" says 1874HAFC. Honest to God, this club! You sound really welcoming.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:20 pm

Surely 1874HAFC is a 12 year old troll? Mind you, it is Accies so you never know!
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby Todd_is_God » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:51 pm

Oh good, the "come down and have a chat" patter is back :lol:
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:16 pm

Wow …. just wow .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Theaccie1 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:41 am

Really disappionting how this thread ended.
What started as positive feedback/comments resulted in something completely unfortunate.
For me I'm happy for the original post to come from within the club, as the people who work there will be fans and will be as excited as the rest of us are to see the team do well.
I think where it went wrong was asking someone not in the right position at the club to comment on club matters and for that person to respond.
I think the questions would have been better directed to the Fans Forum during the week, as the person in the right position should be addressing them.
If these become quarterly meetings there will be plenty of opportunity to raise them - not saying the queries are invalid.
In any other organisation, banks etc, only qualified members of staff who are media trained, or have the responsibility of the organisation are qualified to post respones of this nature.
I think any Accies employees not with that responsibility should take the approach not to comment on club politics, even though best intentions are at heart to try and respond.
A number of fans will be happy to hear from staff in this forum and hopefully it doesnt put others off in future.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Return to The Accies