Terracing Thomas

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Terracing Thomas

Postby 1874HAFC » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:26 pm

Hi Tom. I for one dont think it's right that you sit up in Dumfries damaging the club I love. People like you are the cancer within this club. A club you claim to have supported all your life. I am told there is another sponsor considering leaving the club as a direct result of your toxic posts. Tom grow up has the rotary pillars taught you nothing:-
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?

Do the right thing. Hang your head in shame and resign from the rotary!
1874HAFC
Pub League

Re: Terracing Thomas

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:12 pm

I wonder if Johnny Morrisey has internet access from his Spanish prison celll :roll: :roll:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:14 pm

Wow, you can't even get his username right. I'm sure Tomas can stick up for himself but if he is the well known fan from Dumfries then that means he's attending home games. But Tomas said he'll stay away until McGowan leaves, so that doesn't add up. As for sponsors threatening to leave because of some posts on a message board that only a few dozen seem to read, what a crock of shit. You McGowan goons are a joke!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:06 pm

1874HAFC wrote:Hi Tom. I for one dont think it's right that you sit up in Dumfries damaging the club I love. People like you are the cancer within this club. A club you claim to have supported all your life. I am told there is another sponsor considering leaving the club as a direct result of your toxic posts. Tom grow up has the rotary pillars taught you nothing:-
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?

Do the right thing. Hang your head in shame and resign from the rotary!

Ooooffftt….
WTF
Must be ruffling a few feathers TT …. Keep up the good work ….
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:51 pm

I find it fascinating that a sponsor would consider leaving because of my or others posts unless of course they agree. I usually find they give up because they have or are in the process of going bust without ever completing the sponsorship deal. e.g Foys, Sporting Pay, Nero Vodka, Scotia Aide, Nevis Home Improvements etc. :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beckford » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:28 pm

We all know who the cancer is at Accies and its not the fan you refer to or any other on here.

Its not TT who should hang his head in shame. Mcgoofys minions have tried this tactic before btw and quickly vanished when asked to back up statements like yours, so i will counter your post 1874HAFC with the following questions... if there is nothing to hide, why does the board never give a transparent response to defend itself? If there are legions of potential genuine sponsors, why do they never materialise?

Looking forward to your response that will convivce us all that we are wrong and that everything is above board and that the club is in good hands.

The floor is yours as they say! Oh and singling out an individual on a public forum that is here specifically to discuss our collective views and opinions shows real class. If you dont like his views tell us why he is wrong!

Maybe people are concerned because they genuinely love the club and dont want to see it sink any lower?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby niallfraser8 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:26 am

Why is it that people on this forum seem hellbent on scaring away sponsors and longtime great sponsors like prosigns at that. Some on here will say that negative chat on this forum can’t possibly affect sponsors, I’m telling you guys it ABSOLUTELY does. Are we actively trying to drive money away from our club?

All accounts are public - The Scottish government (although I despise them) even lent money to Accies, would they have done that if there was sinister activities going on? No, of course not.

Love him or hate him McGowan has continued to pull of miracle after miracle with Accies dragging millions into the club - this can’t be disputed

The fact is that the season books alone can’t keep Accies afloat. If season books alone kept Accies going I doubt we would be having this conversation.

TT in particular has been leading a sustained campaign of negativity against Accies - posing as a financial accountant basically by posting publicly available accounts that anyone can see. If there was anything there you would think the press would have moved on it by this point nah?

Anyways if by the twisted logic of some on here we continue to blame McGowan for everything then let's blame him for all these exciting new signings, let’s blame him for selling 3 academy players…Point is that this is beyond retardation at this point sadly.

Personally I think Mcgowan was the best thing ever to happen to Accies and we will miss him dearly but I hope this forum can get over this sort of McGowan hangover and all get behind the new sheriff.
niallfraser8
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:59 am

Ok Nial, as you failed to respond to points raised on another thread, can we go over simmilar ones here please?

The perception that the clubs opperations are at least questionable, are not just held by Accies fans alone, have a look at other Scottish football forums. If these perceptions have no basis, shouldn't the club do more to address and correct in an official capacity?

If your hero is so great at bringing in sponsors, why are all our sponsors directly connected to him?

No one believes season ticket sales are enough to keep a club afloat, thats exactly why so many of us are frustrated /concerned / angry with how the club opperates.

I can not speak on behalf of others, but anyone acting in the best interests of the football club, will recieve my backing. However this can not be unconditional and we have rights as fans to ask questions and highlight where we feel the club are letting us down. My personal experience is that direct communication with the club has been futile and met with a lack of profesionalisim, basic customer service and down right hostility. Such experiences breeds suspicion and apathy.

As you will note from other threads, we appreciate and understand the importance of selling on young players and recognise this is vital for the sustainability of a club like Accies. This is being supported, as it looks like inward investment is now being made to improve the playing squad and engagement with the fans is happening. (Much more to do to fully convince long term!) This has not been the case for much of Mcgowans tenure though.

That is deeply wrong when you are claiming to be the custodian and saviour of a football club. IF, as claimed, Mcgowan brings in so much revenue, why has there been so little evidence of investment in the stadium, club infrastructure and sustainability of the football club?

Oh and using the Scotish goverment as evidence that the clubs financial accounts are in good order might not be the strongest argument you can make given the current investigation. If its ok to question the accounts of a goverment, why cant we ask questions about a football clubs?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:23 am

OK, Niall, I'll rise to your bait!!

niallfraser8 wrote:1.longtime great sponsors like prosigns at that.
Q. How long have prosigns been sponsoring and at what level of funding?

All accounts are public -
Agreed but in a very restricted disclosure of minimum infirmation. No substance.

The Scottish government even lent money to Accies
Q. When and in what capacity? Do you mean a Covid Loan which were being given out by UK Governmnt to tens of thousands of companies without any scrutiny of financial ability to repay, and millions of pounds now having to be written-off?

Love him or hate him McGowan has continued to pull of miracle after miracle with Accies dragging millions into the club - this can’t be disputed

Millions? Millions? Just show us the evidence of that, Niall. Hard facts... nothing too difficult from your close association to the CEO.

The fact is that the season books alone can’t keep Accies afloat. If season books alone kept Accies going I doubt we would be having this conversation.

we are all agreed on that.

TT in particular has been leading a sustained campaign of negativity against Accies - posing as a financial accountant basically by posting publicly available accounts that anyone can see. If there was anything there you would think the press would have moved on it by this point nah?

TT, amongst others, has been asking relevant questions for some years now on a public forum, seeking answers. IMO, Accies are not seen by the media other than a wee provincial 'joke' outfit and not worth the costs of investigative journalism. You may dispute that, of course.

Anyways if by the twisted logic of some on here we continue to blame McGowan for everything then let's blame him for all these exciting new signings, let’s blame him for selling 3 academy players…Point is that this is beyond retardation at this point sadly.

Is it not the case that these events seem to have happened AFTER a sale of the Football Club was announced?
Repetition in your last sentence makes it very confusing for others to understand what you're trying to say!

Personally I think Mcgowan was the best thing ever to happen to Accies and we will miss him dearly but I hope this forum can get over this sort of McGowan hangover and all get behind the new sheriff.

Niall, if you are closely related to CMcG, or perhaps him himself, then we understand your undying loyalty, but your very recent postings just started on this forum makes us wonder where you have been in the last few years. Any clues? Any answers to those of us who have already asked you for your responses, on this and other threads?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:15 pm

What about the near £1m that was dragged out of the club thanks to one person's gross incompetence? I believe that person still works at the club.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby niallfraser8 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:17 pm

How long have prosigns been sponsors and what level of funding - regarding prosigns I think they’ve been with Accies for at least 6-7 years that I am aware of possibly more. If memory serves me right it’s about 15K per annum they contribute and that is without all the freebies and help provided to the charities. Alex Mcgrath the owner of Prosigns only does this because he is a friend of Colin.

Yes some accounts are restricted but all these are independently audited which is an SFA requirement - But one thing we know that is indisputable is that everyone is paid, players, staff, everyone. HAFC scores 100 out of 100 in terms of credit score and is deemed very low risk which is an achievement for a football club.

As for the millions that Mcgowan has brought in - The millions are clearly logged in public accounts for anyone to see if you don’t want to take my word for it go check for yourself, I’m not doing your legwork for you. Nevermind the fact that the wage bill has been over a million for years, surely that’s evidence enough? Where did the new floodlights come from, where did the 4 replacement pitches we’ve had come from? I’m laughing as I’m typing this because you scour the accounts in great detail and then you ask for proof of where the millions are coming from whilst staring the audited accounts in the face - It’s madness.

I’m glad we all acknowledge that the 70K (approx) season book funds don’t even cover the basics. I don’t agree that Accies are viewed as a “wee provincial joke outfit” by the Scottish media, is this your honest opinion of a club you claim to love?

As can be clearly seen by yesterday’s website post the OLD regime clearly sold the players, I am not sure the new regime is actually fully in place yet, are you?

As for being “related” to Mcgowan - I have only known Colin for 8 years and was in business with him for a few of those years, I’m led to believe most of you haven’t even met the man. The reality is that he has been the main man at Accies for a long long time, made sure the lights were kept on for a long long time, made sure everyone was paid prompt and on time for a long long time how is that for repetition? He put a magnificent football board in place that the people on here are careful not to mention. Ronnie MacDonald, Alan Maitland and Les Gray are a board that ANY club in Scotland would welcome and Mcgowan delivered them to Accies for nothing. While this great football board was running the football side of things Mcgowan kept raising money and built a community social conscience that HAFC have every right to be proud of and celebrate. His work in the field of addiction is known from John O Groats to land's end.

One thing that I am very grateful for although our Football club has lost its financial expertise the Hamilton community have not lost him. I can only imagine that with him owning the stadium he will still continue the amazing work that the community benefits greatly from.

I’ll concede the Scottish government comment - Agreed they are a shower of villains but as Colin has never driven, I doubt he is rocking about in any motorhomes.

let’s just agree that we disagree on quite a lot of points. I hope you all buy your season tickets and if you see me at the games come say hello afterall we all support the same club.
niallfraser8
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:29 pm

Thank you, NF, for your responses. Maybe we have all misunderstood what Colin has done for Hamilton Accies during his tenure. Maybe.... Maybe...

Maybe what we have misunderstood is his ability to finally have sole control over the land and buildings as owner of HAFC Stadium Limited, including that company granting a Standard Security in favour of Colin just last year. Maybe.... Maybe.

Others may think that this is for his own good, having injected &/or raised "millions" for Accies over the last 20 years, I couldn't possibly comment on that.

Finally, how would we recognise you, Niall Fraser, to say 'hello' when attending games? In the Director's box? Specially identifiable suit/blazer? Masked?? :lol:

Roll on the new season for all of us. :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:30 am

Another fake account. This club can be a joke at times.

Keep up the good work TT. You are rattling the correct people, we deserve answers.

McGowan out. Time for change.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Beckford » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Yet more press coverage and publicity for charity events at our FOOTBALL stadium i see.

Still no word on the kit launch event, promised improvements to the non existent club shop, changes in ownership and so on and so on. Little changes and football remains secondary. Not against charity and clubs should do their bit, but focus people focus !!!! Its almost as if this is why he is clinging on to the stadium!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:33 pm

Bottom line here is that every penny going into the club should be for The Football Club and there should be no Stadium Company siphoning money when 20+years ago many of us fought to get the club back to Hamilton to avoid this scenario.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby niallfraser8 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:59 pm

Great 4 responses - Pretty busy website tbh.

Porcupine, I'm glad you're acknowledging that you may have misunderstood what Colin has done for HAFC and there's absolutely no doubt that Colin has ability. Although I'll never understand why you continue to talk about a property company that Colin owns and has owned for over 11 years before he became a director in 2014. Do you honestly think that a lawyer would grant a standard security unless the man was owed the money? He obviously loaned his own company money which is common practice. I personally don't understand how owning the Stadium affects the footballing equation, why does having the extra headache of stadium maintenance translate to wins on a park?
I thought you were only interested in football? As for being able to recognize me, I'm the only person on this website that uses his real name, I'm proud of who I am, and I agree roll on next season.

Secondly - Pride of Lanarkshire - Don't understand the accusation of a fake account and I don't think the clubs a joke - Maybe the "Jobby" incident actually...
If you honestly think that TT does good work that surprises me, can't think imagine anyone being "rattled"
As for "Mcgowan out" I have no idea how to put a man out a building that he owns, I hope Sherif signed that 50 year lease or he might end up putting us out :P

Ah Beckford - This is an easy reply - The charity events at COLINS stadium puts money into OUR football club - I repeat - The charity events at COLINS stadium puts money into OUR football club. Although you're right to point out that the Kit launch was lacking and the change of ownership is dragging it's heels. "Clinging on to the stadium" this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard, the stadium is full of tenants and it's his business and whether we like it not beckford the whole community is behind Colin hence 5k people at a firework event that HAFC benefits from.

YeOldeHamilton - Are you really suggesting that a man that owned a property company 11 years before becoming a director of our club should just give us the money because we need it - That's not how the world works i'm afraid. How you can say he is siphoning money out a company that he actually owns is pretty funny though. 20+ years ago when you fought to win the club back my understanding is that Colin delivered a knight in shining armour named Ronald Macdonald. Ronnie brought Alan Maitland and Les Gray and brought Accies the most success in the history. What are we even talking about here.

Hope more people join this site the banter is terrific - Can't wait to see the replies - Night night.
niallfraser8
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:48 pm

And in one statement Niall you have highlighted and admited exactly where the problem lies. Thank you.

I totally agree, it is Colins stadium, ran for his benifit ,as he wishes, for his projects and the football club will always be seen as nothing more than a tennant. Really glad that you have finally understood this point. Hopefully you can now catch up on the other issues. Now you may understand why someone who doesnt want to own and run a football stadium that is fit for purpose (i.e for football) should not own a football stadium. A stadium that has been taken away from the very club it was built for? A stadium that should be a clubs main asset, but is one regularly voted as one of the poorest fan experience in the scottish league? A stadium that is the subject of ridicule due to its shambolic side show garbage?

Thank you also for confirming my second point, i.e any time some one tries to defend McGowan, its never for football reasons, its always community this and charity that. As others have highlighted, these endevours are not to benifit the football club. This is not what a football stadium should be used for and the fact that this is its primary function adds to the tin pot image we have throughout Scottish football.

Look at the new website, from memory i think charity is the fifth word in the first paragraph. Its almost as if charity is the main priority for the people driving the sudden improvement.

And if you dont think this site is worthwhile, why post on it? Accies fans have depended on it for years as the club utterly failed to deliver a basic website etc.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:21 am

niallfraser8 wrote:Secondly - Pride of Lanarkshire - Don't understand the accusation of a fake account and I don't think the clubs a joke - Maybe the "Jobby" incident actually...
If you honestly think that TT does good work that surprises me, can't think imagine anyone being "rattled"
As for "Mcgowan out" I have no idea how to put a man out a building that he owns, I hope Sherif signed that 50 year lease or he might end up putting us out :P

I was referring to the creator of the thread Niall. I mean, c'mon, it's not as if the club has history of messages trying to intimidate people..... :lol:

All the incidents last season Celtic B v Rangers B, Mr Mulligan, Statements attacking the supporters, lie after lie etc would back up my point about the club being a joke.

I do think TT does a good job, he asks the questions we all want the answers to, questions that are yet to be answered I may add.

McGowan out in the sense of hurry up and sell your football shares as promised. Or will that be yet another lie?

Also, Beckford is spot on with the above :D
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:40 am

McGowan out in the sense of hurry up and sell your football shares as promised. Or will that be yet another lie?

We wait with bated breath POL. I can’t imagine the uncertainty is helping season ticket sales. It’s either one of 2 things. The deal is done but Serif is on holiday and the announcement is awaiting his return OR negotiations are stuck over some point. The last time Mcgoofey offered the club for sale it came with so many conditions only a sap would buy it. Is Serif a sap?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby niallfraser8 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:16 pm

From what I’ve seen all of this comes back to the gripe about stadium ownership - Now let’s probe and mine this vein for a moment - Mcgowan came in, salvaged the stadium building project after the original builders went bust - Not in dispute. THEN having raised all the necessary funds to complete the stadium his company purchased it. Accies were penniless, groundless at the time, couldn’t afford to pay its players or creditors let alone raise the funds to complete the stadium. Is this true yes or no? Spoilers it’s true.

Another bit while we are here on the stadium and that I’ve never understood - Having spent time at Accies I know what goes into the maintenance of a stadium - It’s a lot, constant work like the forth rail bridge by the time you get to the other end it’s time to start over again. So my question is how exactly does HAFC owning the stadium translate to wins on the pitch? Can anyone answer this? In my mind it’s an added headache for the football board to deal with when they should be laser focussed on winning matches, to me NOT owning the stadium is a positive in this regard.

As for defending Mcgowan that it’s never about football reasons - You’re absolutely 100% right - I’ve never once seen Mcgowan make a footballing decision - He leaves that to the board he attracted , he simply asks how much money they need and tries to drag it in. And you’ll never see me jump to his defence on a footballing matter as I know he has little to nothing to do with the footballing side of things, again not a bad thing in my eyes.

As for the sort of anti-charity vibe that I’m receiving here - I don’t think that the great work Accies and Colin does with the charities is to be smirked at and I find it incredibly ironic that the message board that shuns charitable endeavors seek for HAFC to be gifted a stadium owned by someone else in an incredible act of charity - You couldn’t write this stuff.

Do we seriously not realise that without the charitable work the sponsors WOULD NOT BE THERE. I’ve spoken directly to sponsors and know this to be the case.
niallfraser8
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies