Accies v Ayr

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Ayr

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 am

With Arbroath facing Morton facing the night before we could go into this game with a real opportunity to open a gap on Arbroath. Ayr fans seem to be writing their season off already. Meanwhile will Mcgowan play or not. Our season could hinge on this one player.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Ayr

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:05 pm

TerracingTomas wrote: Meanwhile will Mcgowan play or not? Our season could hinge on this one player.

As usual, all very quiet on this front. Might be tactical, however, not to let Ayr know the set-up?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:51 pm

Rankin said earlier this week that McGowan hadn't trained since the game he got injured so was very doubtful.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:24 pm

:( :( :(
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:14 pm

Rankins’ summary of the game

JR - performance today one of the poorest I’ve seen. We had a bit of energy in first 5-10 mins but thereafter it was as if there was no energy no enthusiasm to attack and play well. We had a leader back in McGowan but also missed Martin. But we weren’t good enough today
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:25 pm

Normal service has been resumed. After all the recent half decent run, almost back to square 1.

Raith thrashing Cove is damaging to their goal difference, but just hope that Raith have got the goals out of their system, before the cup final
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:15 pm

JUST PISH ,embarassing performance..no stucture to the team poorest accies team iv seen in a lot of years..no fight no heart nothing ...i think we will go down .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:33 pm

Desperately poor today. Not even one shot on goal. Martin's dig in midfield sorely missed. Powder Puff stuff.

But remember we actually witnessed a miracle today. Somehow the scoreline was only 2-0 to Ayr when it should have been 5 or 6-0. We barely looked like a good Div 1 team today. Like others, I'm back to be resigned to relegation.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:42 pm

Utterly dreadful,worst home performance of the season and that is what you get playing a weakened team.

I don't get Rankin or indeed the club's thinking here;today was far more important than next week and the chance to overtake Cove.

A true reflection of the score should have been a 4 or 5 goal win for Ayr United.

This lot need to realise we go down and we will never get back up with this regime.We will be like Airdrie spending years in The Seaside Leagues.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:19 pm

Back to the hoofball for 90 minutes. Next to no midfield and absolutely powderpuff up front. I think we only had the one shot and that a speculative one from 25+ yards.

If Ayr had scored five or six today I don’t think we could have complained.

We have 8 league games left! 8! Things need to drastically improve.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:01 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:46 pm

I wonder if that was the team that Rankin wanted to put out yesterday, or would he have been pressured by the board.

I would have thought the league would take priority over the diddy cup. Unless of course the board want to stick 2 fingers up to fans again and say "hey look we won a trophy" Think the club has pretty much resigned itself to the fact we are going down and the cup is their blaze of glory parting shot
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:01 pm

I can’t imagine that even Mcgoofeys’ Board are that stupid that they don’t realise the financial difference between winning the Challenge Trophy and getting relegated to Division One. Mcgoofey won’t bankroll a full time playing squad if we are relegated and as he has cut back everything off the field from communications to announcer the only thing left is the squads wage bill. There is no young player coming through who is anywhere near sellable and even if there was we know the money would be added to his drug rehab unit stockpile. So whatever the reason for yesterday’s team selection I doubt it was the Board interfering.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:07 am

Remember folks the Board have previous for interfering in team selection.The best example of this was that guy who played 45 minutes at Ibrox when Ronnie was in charge.

Nothing surprises me, although yesterday I feel it was Rankin resting guys for The Cup Final against what he perceived as a team on a downer after Monday night and it backfired spectacularly.

McGowan in central defence never looked fit either.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:31 pm

Other than De Bolle not starting, how was that a weakened team? Lucas has had some quiet games recently anyway.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:02 pm

As said by others, the lack of Scott Martin's dig in mid-field plus his 110% work-rate made it weaker than we could afford.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:49 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Remember folks the Board have previous for interfering in team selection.The best example of this was that guy who played 45 minutes at Ibrox when Ronnie was in charge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Welsh_(footballer)

Kevin Welsh, from amateur football to a start at ibrox from nowhere and back again in a matter of weeks. Never to been seen again.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Return to The Accies