Accies V Red Litchies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies V Red Litchies

Postby smc4761 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:28 pm

Possibly our biggest game of season so far and it on the telly. Will this impact the crowd, although I believe we have reduced admission prices for this.

Win this and we get further away from Arbroath and leap frog Cove, for 24 hours at least. Could this help phsycologically as well with players mindset.

As long as McGowan is back we have a chance. BUT FFS Rankin, stop playing Shiels as some sort of emergency striker. Play the guys in their correct team position
smc4761
Premiership

Re: Accies V Red Litchies

Postby Billybamz » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:05 pm

Id rather he didnt play him ,,play shenna there instead .he used to be a fullback
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:38 pm

Team HAS to play better than Saturday. They must know how important this game is, and Arbroath can't be relishing coming down to Accies given the form we have had in the last month.
If we can't beat Arbroath at home.....then we don't deserve to stay in this Division, simple as that.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:02 pm

According to this article Dick Campbell says it’s a 12 pointer. The article also points out that Arbroaths’ away form has been good since January with 2 wins and 2 draws. I think it’s down to whether McGowan plays or not. Aside from his own abilities he brings a confidence that spreads across our defence.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/f ... -hamilton/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:22 am

£5 admission remember folks so get there if you can.

A must win simple as if we hope to catch Cove and open up a gap on Arbroath.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:39 am

The club should be promoting the £5 entry like there’s no tomorrow but as usual they hardly seem to be bothering. It’s been mentioned in passing on Twitter a few times but no big promotion at all. It would cost the grand total of nil to have had an eye catching banner or graphic on Twitter for weeks advertising this game and thereafter the cup final.

Then make sure everyone that’s there know we are in a cup final three weeks later.

PR and accies have rarely went well together.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:40 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:The club should be promoting the £5 entry like there’s no tomorrow but as usual they hardly seem to be bothering. It’s been mentioned in passing on Twitter a few times but no big promotion at all. It would cost the grand total of nil to have had an eye catching banner or graphic on Twitter for weeks advertising this game and thereafter the cup final.

Then make sure everyone that’s there know we are in a cup final three weeks later.

PR and accies have rarely went well together.

You're wrong, R&WH's.

PR and Accies have NEVER got together, in the six decades I've been supporting the team. Always a shambles of missed opportunities. Just look how well our PR Announcer does every week. Can't even differentiate between 15 & 16, far less start to recognise OUR players by sight. McGowan's substitution on Saturday was another shambles & yet another example of really poor PR.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:43 pm

We have a announcer.????,
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:28 am

Billybamz wrote:We have a announcer.????,

Well, in the loosest sense of the word. We have someone on a microphone on our PA system who is incapable of correctly identifying our own players (numbers or physical attributes) plus unable to do any pronounce many of the visiting teams names either.
The boy who did the pre match team names was sooo much better. Please come back for Fridays game before any more embarrassing snafu’s from the incumbent!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:00 am

*Red Lichties*
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:17 pm

So no Mcgowan. :( But I’m still favouring Accies. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:48 pm

I said a draw wouldn’t be a disaster but against 10 men for most of the game I’m sorry that was really poor. We rarely threatened while Arbroath actually looked more threatening at times going forward. A much better point for Arbroath. Nobody outstanding for us and whatever Rankin said at half time didn’t work nor did his substitutions.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:29 am

I'll keep it short and simple.

On that showing tonight we deserve to be relegated whether via play-offs or directly. Shocking lack of drive and ambition throughout.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:36 am

Hugely disappointing to be playing for seventy minutes with a man advantage against a part time team and come away with only a point. Apart from a Connor smith shot first half we barely created a chance and constantly slowly played it backwards and along the back line. I thought we had turned a corner and was feeling a bit more confident about staying up. Back to feeling like we will go down now.

To me it looks like our survival is going to hinge on Dylan McGowan. He plays, we stay up. He doesn’t, we go down. With a fortnight before our next game we need to hope he’s back and fit to the end of the season.

The sending off in my opinion was extremely harsh. Never a sending off. He was at least 25 yards from goal, a defender covering and it was JPT so it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity.

I doubt if the extra. 1000 punters we got through the gate will be rushing back anytime soon after that game and not even a mention/ advert to those that we are in a cup final in three weeks time.

Oh and Dick Campbell, we need to stop all this, “what a character” patter in football . He was embarrassing.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:45 am

That was awful and a fiver entry would’ve been a rip off. They should’ve gave people a tenner when leaving.

To be playing 10 men for over 70 minutes and barely having any sort of sustained pressure and shots on goal is pitiful and it’s not as if they sat in and made things difficult for us. I can only think of 1 effort on goal at the start of the second half against the team that is meant to worse than us on paper.

9(10) cup finals ahead and players need to step up.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:32 pm

Tiehi was about 35 yards out. O'Brien was a fair distance away but with it being Tiehi he might have caught up with him. McFadden on commentary thought it was a fair decision. Typical Accies that we couldn't take advantage in front of a big home support. I don't understand why Easton is even on the bench if Rankin won't even play him with McGowan out. I'd have thought having big Eastie in there would have given the players around him, and indeed the whole team, confidence. Two shots on target by my reckoning - Connor Smith ( a good save) and Tumilty. Not sure what Stephenson's done to deserve his shoddy treatment. Subbed for a 16 year old who did nothing. Really pathetic display.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:03 pm

Maybe we should thank the ref for not giving us the full 90 minutes. The injury stoppage for the Tiehi head knock was 3:55 and the delay in re-starting after the sending off was 1:22. He only added three minutes at the end of the half and actually blew on 2:58. Scottish refs just can't keep time properly.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies