Accies v the Spiders

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v the Spiders

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:48 pm

QP’s recent league form is a bit all over the place so nothing to fear given our current form. 2 - 1 to Accies. I see the club is going over to an on line programme format so if there is a print copy available for this game grab it it may be the last and worth a few bob in years to come.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v the Spiders

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:27 pm

Just watched John Motson (RIP) talking about his first ever football match as a wee boy at The Valley, Charlton - "like most little boys I kept the programme" and he showed it still in great nick. Sad to say that future kids will no longer have a programme to look back on. However I won't be buying the last one as it's a complete insult, the worst in all four leagues and put to shame by many former junior clubs like Blantyre Vics. The club hasn't cared about the content for years. No attempt to seek contributions from fans. FC Edinburgh, with about 200 fans, produce a 60 page programme, we produce a pathetic pamphlet.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:59 pm

Play at our best, with now a good strength both on-field and on the bench, and we can win this one too. I'd not be too unhappy with another point at worst, but we must be the form team in the division, so let's look for all three points.

Morton's form would suggest they'll take care of Cove and even with PT away to Arbroath, I predict a win there for the Jags too.

By the end of March we could see a totally different league table with us well out of the bottom two.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:08 pm

Just win Accies ,we can take any team in this league now ,,pity Andy,s away cause hez the sriker we need to chip in some goals,hopfully no injuries ,cause the bench is getting stronger as well .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:37 pm

Ryan has scored for Larne in each of his last 3 games and was man of the match for their last one.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:07 am

Sadly, we must move on from Chucky and support the present strikers. Maybe Tehie will get a hat trick on Saturday? :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:45 pm

Well that didn’t go to plan and Mcgowan off injured to boot. Hopefully nothing major. By all accounts Shiels again a weak link and exploited by QP certainly in the first half. Cove at least lost and Arbroath only managed a draw so the picture at the bottom remains relatively unaltered. Bring on Arbroath.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:56 pm

Defence was poor today overall. I actually though Shiels was one of our better players, though only Scott Martin seemed to have the urge to take the game to them. We missed a golden chance to go on one-up early on, but failing to convert gave them the encouragement they needed.
Overall they looked the better team. Why Lawson was playing the full 45 minutes when he looked so far off the pace, only Rankin can explain. We were cut open time after time near the D and their goal(s) seemed inevitable.

How we can raise our performance to beat Arbroath on Friday, when they got a point today, is anyone's guess. As TT said, let's hope that McGowan is OK for this one, and De Bolle has a better game. Like Lewis Smith, he seems to try to take on one more player than he needs to.

Our opportunity to both close the gap AND go above Cove on G/D has been lost (well at least today) :cry: :cry:

And only one card from Willie Collum?? Surely that must be a record?
Last edited by porcupine on Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:57 pm

We were very bad, Queens Park were very good. It was like watching us pre January at times.

Losing McGowan was massive, shows how important a player he has became in a short period of time. Between losing him and switching to a back four was criminal.

I thought Lawson was a passenger again this week. Looks way off of match fitness. JPT I
Know divides opinion, but today I honestly thought he was terrible. Held up nothing, looked half hearted but is that because he has nobody up beside him.

This ridiculous experiment with playing Shiels up front needs to stop too. I don’t rate him as a left back and he’s certainly no striker. Not signing another competent striker could be our downfall still.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:52 pm

Thought Shiels was woeful today. Why do you think most of Queen's play came down his side? We were outclassed and they are top for a reason. McGowan badly missed but we were already behind when he went off. Finished half well having changed formation when Dylan went off. Tiehi had a good chance to pull it back to 2-3 but slashed over although the defender was very tight to him. Poor overall though as was O'Reilly after being excellent in midweek. If McGowan is out for Friday then I'm worried.
And why on earth was Shiels put up front ahead of Stephenson, who got the winner at Thistle.

Another fantastical crowd figure given by Accies - 1,007 home fans. Cup crowds are a more accurate gauge of our support. 578 v Ross County and it was maybe a wee bit more than that today.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bengee » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:02 am

Ally Crawford loaned to Morton when he could have done a shift with us. Another bad miss by those in charge.
Bengee
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:02 am

Morton Forum saying Crawford did well, although I think a striker is a more pressing issues for us as Tiehi was easily outmuscled yesterday.

Quite how Stephenson never got a game while Shiels was moved upfront puzzles me and many others and it shows the Board gambling we have "enough" is a risky move and typical of them just wanting to get by with the bare minimum.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:37 am

Good to see the highlights up in less than 24 hours. Courtesy of QP of course!

https://youtu.be/p-d-SqKgmlA

And Owen Coyle’s post match thoughts.

https://youtu.be/xVzjKhB9Rrs
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:37 am

Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:10 am

Crowd at 2:37!!! Aye, looks like 1,007. 507 more like. I know there was a decent amount in section A. If they add ST holders for every league game that must mean we only had around 400-450 in midweek.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies