Inverness double header

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Inverness double header

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:52 pm

ICT haven’t lost in the league since late December and are hosting us in the back of an impressive 3 - 0 victory over Livvie. These 2 games could make it break our season. A minimum 4 points needed.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Inverness double header

Postby porcupine » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:54 pm

Not a lot of interest shown by us, given the lack of posts on these games. We've been playing well, however, so hopefully, some points from those games. Bummer. Can't make it on Tuesday night due to family arriving from Engerland. GGRRRRR.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:05 pm

Don’t see that very often do you Accies winning by 3 :D :D :D :D Bring on Tuesday.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:17 pm

Amazing record we have up there, I'm surprised more fans don't go. Counted the away support from Twitter pic, 88-90. Well done to those who went and safe trip back. Our home record against them isn't so good but this group of players deserve our backing on Tuesday night. Can we get four wins and a draw from five? Perfect result at Cove too. A great day.

*From Accies Twitter "between behind goal and main stand I've counted 112 of us".
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:28 pm

What a result!! And cove v Arbroath result going our way too!!

Same result on Tuesday please. The fightback is well and truely on now.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Billybamz » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:25 pm

Played brillant,great result need to win on Tues night..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:36 pm

I have been one of the fiercest critic of the team and I have them as being relegated this sason Howeve credit were its due a fantastic result and a clean sheet does not get much better than that.

Could we yet pull off the great escape
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:58 pm

Your assessment wasn’t wrong Smc but the January signings have definitely turned things round. It remains to be seen whether our 2 rivals can match our current performance. As it stands, I think we are in the driving seat in our mini bottom league 3.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:27 pm

No question that the January signings/loans have been inspirational from our management team. Completely turned our performances round and confidence must be SO much better in the dressing room. We seem to be ICT's bogey team as we regularly take points off them regardless of their league position. Fingers crossed for another three on Tuesday to take us off the bottom of the league for what seems months now. This is a great time to finally start to put a run together, and other teams must be concerned at that.

And Scott Martin didn't even pick up a yellow card today!! Well done to all players, and supporters who made the trip.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:29 am

I said 6 weeks ago to amusement and dismay from many that 3-4 good signings would turn the ship around and so it is proving.

We are really only "a couple of players"(copyright Judas@PTFC) away from matching the best in this League.

On Tuesday I regailed that we need a minimum 8 points out of these next 4 games.Take all 12 and we could be well clear of Arbroath in a few weeks.A good start but it is only a start and what a start.

Still think we need another striker and perhaps a left back if we are not going to play Chrissy McGinn every week.

Fairly cheered me up after 4 days in my sick bed.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:24 pm

We are really only "a couple of players"(copyright Judas@PTFC) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Remember it well!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:57 pm

I expect a harder game tonight as they will be smarting after losing 3-0.

Perhaps freshen it up up top and midfield.We will soon find out
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bengee » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:01 pm

Off the bottom woo woo. Comeback in full swing .
Bengee
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:32 pm

Phew! A real battle but we somehow won it. Started well and had three efforts on target in the first 15 minutes but Inverness hit the bar and had so much of the ball. Equaliser was coming and we were all saying at half time that we'd take a point.

Surprisingly no immediate changes (Winter and Shiels had been poor) and Inverness continued to dominate but once we made changes, we were much better. Initially going to a back four with Shiels seeming to be left midfield then back to a five late on with Shiels left centre half. Subs did well. Fulton bloody great on crosses, O'Reilly, a couple of wobbles aside, MOTM. Scott Martin had a very good second half considering he was on a booking. Tiehi did well, still not getting the service he needs I feel. Honourable mention to young Chrissy McGinn for a great display, some pace this kid's got.

Clear red card for the penalty, don't know what goes through ref's minds at times. Big Dylan had another great game but hobbled up the tunnel at the end so may be a doubt for QP. Crowd given as 752(87). Hard to say how accurate, but given our track record, maybe 600 or so more likely. Who cares, we're off the bottom and have Cove in our sights!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:21 am

Great result again!! What a difference since January. I keep repeating this but I hadn’t seen the fight and hard work Rankin promised. But since January that’s exactly what we’ve had. A proper Accies team. Hard work, in your face, battling performances. All credit to Rankin and Daz for instilling that in the side.

Scott Martin and Dan O’Reilly outstanding tonight. Couldn’t pick between them for a man of the match.

Enjoyed seeing how much it meant to Rankin coming off too. He’s faced a lot of criticism from our selves and deserves all the credit coming his way just now. Surely manager of the month for February.

Off the bottom and only two points behind a very poor cove team. Really believing we can push up the table now and avoid the relegation/ play off position.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:11 am

A game where both teams missed numerous chances/half chances and we were slightly lucky to be drawing at half-time.

The changes in personnel and formation did the trick and we won a game we would have lost six weeks ago.

Great fighting spirit and a togetherness from the Players/Management and Fans.I omit the Boardroom as they got us into this mess and are still hampering John Rankin by refusing to bring in the extra striker we need as Tiehi looks 'done' every week around the 65th minute,but with a 16 year old and a left back playing out of position as the only alternatives, we are where we are.

That mob could have been down to eight men.Tiehi fouled when going clean through first half and incredulously not even a foul...never mind a card.Ditto second half for the deliberate handball on the line;Caley fans outside said it was a clear penalty/sending off.

I thought the crowd figures were a bit off.Sections A-D looked busier than many recent games and a lot of stay away fans were in attendance.

Hopefully Tumilty,McGowan and Scotty Martin are not injured for Saturday as they will be needed.It would be good to see Da Bolle and Sparrow back too.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:38 am

Just imagine if we’d made our January signing in August instead!!
Red and white hoops
Championship

Return to The Accies