Bay Horse x 3

Butterburn x 1_

Club/GDKebab x 2
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: Challenge Cup Final Falkirk

Postby porcupine » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:34 pm

Car Parking Info

Decided not to wait on Accies posting anything relevant about carparking. Phoned Falkirk Football Club after being told by Falkirk Stadium that the carparks would be closed on Sunday, as they didn't know anything about a cup final being held then!

According to the voicemail from FFC, it's first come-first served, and £5 per car (CASH) to park.

Now if I was from HMRC then........... :roll: :roll:

You have been warned.... No cards, presumably no receipts :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:37 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Bus situation AFAIK:

Accies Vaults x 6

Bay Horse x 3

Butterburn x 1_

Club/GDKebab x 2

Well, on 12 standard 53 seated coach's, that's at least 600. Great. Let's enjoy the day. It could be many a year until we reach any cup final the way things are going.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 pm

I’ve always parked at the industrial estate up the road. It’s a 5 minute walk to the ground and costs nothing.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:48 am

1460 sold close of business today.

I know quite a few folk still to get their tickets and to be honest,there should be another couple of late night sales plus Saturday sales.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:29 pm

porcupine wrote:1200?? From where do you get that number of Accies tickets sold, MT? Or are you the one who posts the weekly home support of around 1200 on the BBC & Official Club web site? :lol:

If, and only if, we HAVE sold that amount of Accies tickets, then great, for once. Our regular three have an extra three coming, so should that be the same for others, then it's possible we might have a Red Wall. Maybe just a bit more porous than some of the European teams with their own Red Wall :roll:

Point taken Porcupine Ha Ha - I predicted 600, very surprised about sales indeed ( unless they are all from Fife :D :D ).
As of yesterday the shop were quoting just under 1,500 but they could be at it.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:14 pm

porcupine wrote:Some info on the flyer handed out INSIDE the ground on Saturday. Strange decision was there a distribution in Hamilton town centre? Most coming into the ground would already know about

A massive opportunity wasted again for accies.

The flyers could have been posted through doors in the town for weeks. Distributed in the town centre or in the big supermarkets, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsbury’s etc. posters up in all the pubs, shops, takeaways, schools, local youth teams and more. Get the academy teams doing it or ask if fans are interested in giving up a few hours and doing it in their local area in exchange for a match ticket or a voucher for the shop.

A decent eye catching advert online doesn’t even need to cost anything more than a bit of time.

Then once they are in buying their tickets make sure the shop is full of scarfs, hats, flags and strips.

Only Accies have advertised this game more than the club itself. Which is great, but it shouldn’t be down to the fans to advertise a cup final.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:22 pm

Bought too many tickets by mistake so got a pair of main stand tickets (seated together) if anyone wants them for £30 total and I can drop them off anywhere local. Might save someone going to the ticket office and saves you £6
Anyone interested?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:22 pm

Bought too many tickets by mistake so got a pair of main stand tickets (seated together) if anyone wants them for £30 total and I can drop them off anywhere local. Might save someone going to the ticket office and saves you £6
Anyone interested?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:30 pm

Ticket Office open till 5pm tonight and 7pm tomorrow night.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:24 pm

Last day of sales today. Open till 7 tonight. Not even worth a mention today by the club on twitter/ facebook etc. zero advertising from the club. Sure it’ll be the same for the fireworks and panto.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:09 pm

Surely if a product is not sold out you would continue to try and sell it on the Saturday & Sunday Morning , I am aware that police wont allow ticket sales at stadium on the day but no reason Accies cant continue to attempt to sell at stadium. Crazy stuff once again.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:06 pm

So much for the supposed commercial acumen of those in charge. Simply not interested on the football side of the business. Sad, very sad. :cry: :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:13 pm

Heard from a guy down buying tickets we had sold 1850 by early this afternoon and Club hoping to hit 2000 by close of business.

He also said there was a steady stream of folk coming and going for tickets.All this with miniscule advertising,restricted hours and our worst team in 20 years.

Methinks we should continue selling tomorrow and Sunday morning and advertise this.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:41 pm

Enjoy your day out everyone. A cup final for our club is massive. They don’t come along often. It could be a long long time before a game like this happens again.

Give the players and management support and let’s see what happens. A cup win and good performance will give us all a massive boost going into the last eight league games.

More than anything though, enjoy the day.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:26 pm

Good post. Well said!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:33 pm

Bluesy wrote:Bought too many tickets by mistake so got a pair of main stand tickets (seated together) if anyone wants them for £30 total and I can drop them off anywhere local. Might save someone going to the ticket office and saves you £6
Anyone interested?

I know a few folk still looking for Tickets Bluesy.

Club announced over 2000 sold which is decent.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:14 am

2000 sold ,is a great effort. Hope everyone enjoys the day! Cmon the real hoops!!!!!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:35 pm

Not a game for the purists but then cup finals rarely are. Our goal coming on 30 minutes must have been the first shot on goal by either side. Second half the sending off changed the dynamics but as the half wore on I felt more confident that they weren’t going to score. They kept taking it out wide and sending crosses in which none of their players seemed to get. And of course a heroes’ performance from Fulton. Haven’t seen the incident leading to the sending off but my son in law who saw it on the tele said it looked a dubious decision. Great atmosphere all round and a great result. Glad for the players many of whom may never win anything in their careers other than this. I certainly enjoyed the occasion. Can we carry some of the positivity into the league I hope so.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:02 pm

Great team effort today. Just wish Tiehi could show a bit more enthusiasm for his role. Appreciate that he was not first choice, but felt he could have pressed their keeper on the odd occasion that we got the ball up to their goal line in the second half.
Even with 9.5 men, we were well deserved of our victory.

Thought the ref was poor, and the sending-off looked questionable. Await seeing it back again on Alba.

Now......Convert those skills and teamwork into more points from the remaining games.
porcupine
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies