Statement on Supporters

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Statement on Supporters

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:30 pm

Maitlands’ statement on the recent banning of fans

There has been an exchange of dialogue between the club, the three supporters who were recently banned from attending home matches, and representatives of the supporters and club, as a result of which the ban is now lifted with immediate effect.

I am delighted that this matter has been resolved and hope that, going forward, we can all concentrate our efforts on supporting John, his staff and all the players.

There are two huge cup games for the club this week and I ask that you make your backing heard.

Thank you, as always, for your support.

Allan Maitland

A diplomatic and sensible statement from the Chair who despite my scepticism has managed apparently to resolve if that’s the right word, the situation.

Whatever the outcome, without a shadow of a doubt further damage has been inflicted on fans interaction with those that own the club or are directors. Too many unanswered questions for my liking. Was Gerry Strains’ phone hacked or did someone who knew the password access it? Was the phone ever ‘forensically examined’ as we were told it was going to be? Was the matter put in the hands of the police as we were told. Was any action taken against certain stadium/club officials for some of their social media postings? I doubt very much we will ever receive answers.

Gerry Strain I hope will no longer have a role in ‘developing fan relationships’ and imo would be better off withdrawing his investment and finding another outlet for his football interest. That’s unlikely to happen as well.

Looking ahead the future of OUR club under the current ownership remains bleak but I’m glad for the unjustly banned fans and the stay awayers who can now return.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Statement on Supporters

Postby Bluesy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:57 pm

Really pleased about this.

The atmosphere was great at Firhill and I think this gives everyone a boost ahead of 2 really big games.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:15 pm

So in the latest development a different and false statement has been out up on the clubs Facebook page that includes a reference to the fans apologising for their actions so the ban was lifted. From what I’ve read throughout the banned fans made it clear that no apology would be forthcoming as they had nothing to apologise for and the statement issued by Maitland reflected the agreement reached. His statement is on the club web site, the fans Twitter feed and was issued to the press. The alternative version illustrates that he might be Chairman but others behind the scene are not bound by his actions. I actually feel sorry for Maitland. It only illustrates the rotten inner core at the property development company.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:59 pm

The apology is not going down well on the Accies Facebook page. The banned fans saying they did not apologise . For those that dont have Facebbok, this is from one of the banned fans;

I being one of the banned fans had my ban removed by Mr Maitland on 14th January 2023 at a meeting held my Mr Maitland, Mr Strain & Mr Zengin. I DID NOT apologise as I had nothing to apologise about so this post is nothing but complete lies as the 3 above mentioned people will clarify. Can you please edit this post as it is completely false.
Thank you

This is a typical cooment on the Facebbok page and may have done more harm than good, many fans saying they will still boycott

More own goals from the board, who have no idea how to engage with fans
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:11 pm

Not an own goal SMC it’s been quite deliberate by some individual who is not happy and doesn’t accept the outcome negotiated by Maitland and wants to sabotage it. One of three possible individuals but that is speculation. It does not augur well going forward. Anyway the game is in the telly and Im looking forward to this one.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies