Accies v Ross County Scottish Cup-Saturday

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Ross County Scottish Cup-Saturday

Postby porcupine » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:52 pm

So there's no mention , as usual, of any PATG facility. Adults £15 Concessions £5 on-line booking facility.
Anyone from the club care to clarify??
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Accies v Ross County Scottish Cup-Saturday

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:15 pm

Ross County SLO said there is PATG on Twitter and To be fair decent pricing.

There is always a PATG option at Accies.Would have been an interesting tie to watch but Bay Horse or Sainsbury's End for many if the banned fans are not back.

He who shall not be named is deemed more important than loyal fans,so a no brainer for me.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:22 pm

Thanks for clarification, YOH, Yes, pricing more realistic.

Had to admire the dedication of the sole person at the first game, then him plus two others standing on the shipping container in the pizzing rain on Saturday. And with shorts on! They were absent for the second half. Hypothermia treatment @ Hairmyres?? :o
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:31 pm

Back in our Premiership days there was always a desire amongst the fans for a decent Cup run usually crushed by an early exit. This time round I get the impression fans would except an early exit if we put a run together in the league. The early exit is a distinct possibility but not sure about a league run. With a cut price ticket offer and £50 off hospitality, an offer that Ross County were asked to bring to the attention of their fans, is the club panicking in the face of a poor attendance? Probably not I’m sure Mcgoofey is happy to see the back of his critics. Despite Countys’ poor form I would have thought they still have enough in the locker. Who knows maybe we will have a striker in the door by Saturday.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:47 pm

Overnight in Hamilton, it’s supposed to be just over freezing at 1 degree so the pitch should be playable for Saturday but I see the Caley v Spiders game has already fallen foul.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:53 pm

As I type it’s heading to extra time so we could still come away with a win fingers crossed, but it’s worth noting the following.

Accies attendance 783 of whom a decent figure of 205 are County fans = 578 for Accies. Compare this to Arbroath only a few points above us and having nearly as bad a season on the pitch but an attendance of 4145 of whom about 1200 are Well fans meaning nearly 3000 home fans.

A well run community club v a property development company run shell of a football club. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:38 pm

Well done to the team. Now League points please :D
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:48 pm

For the first time this season, I have optimism that we can pick up more points and finish in at least a play-off place if not even in eighth place. These two signings have given us stability with McGowan and Sparrow now added. We look far more composed and balanced. Today we looked the better team. though Teihi had a really poor game. won few headers, and generally looked disinterested. The change to put Chukky on was at least 20 minutes too slow and I recon we would have won the game in normal time had he been on earlier.

Both teams were generally evenly matched, and both keepers had good saves. However, we kept our nerve in the pens shoot-out and go forward to who knows and where in the next round. Accies still in two cup competitions and it's now January!! WOW.

I was sure we were totally gone a month ago, but I see hope on the immediate horizon. Onwards and upwards :P :P

Team played well again today. Enjoy any win bonus, boys.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:00 pm

What a performance! A very enjoyable game, dare I say it quite a high quality game. Unfortunately both teams can't make their good work pay but there was plenty of goal mouth action to enjoy. They had four good chances in the first 20 minutes but we also had a couple of decent attacks. Disagree about Tiehi and don't know how you can possibly say he was disinterested. He created a couple of chances for himself out of nothing but both times the ball ran just too close to the advancing keeper.

I'm also not sure how you can talk about the game and not mention Ryan Fulton. The guy was bloody amazing! At least four great saves then he gives us a boost right away at the pens. The whole team were excellent, next best probably Scott Martin but McGowan and Sparrow (who moves like James McArthur!) have had a big effect and five at the back has to stay. McGinn looks like a great prospect. Eastie was immense when he came on. Great to see the huddle at the end, no doubt saying let's carry this on and beat Thistle next week. I wouldn't put it past them.

578 Accies is a shame and I support those banned but I've stayed away enough in my time and wanted to be there. Must surely ring alarm bells for Maitland and Co.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:22 pm

A deserved win against a team a division above us. Looked a lot better again this afternoon. A lot more like an Accies team should be. Well done to all involved, especially Rankin. He deserves credit. I’ve said on here often how I don’t see the hard work, determination, in your face attitude he spoke about. Today I did. Ed to build on this result and carry this form into the league. Weeks ago I thought we were already away. After today? There’s a bit of hope.

We look so much better defensively since McGowan has come in there. I thought Fergus Owens had his best game for us today and was impressed again with McGinn on the left. He was ran ragged second half but never stopped and battled away constantly. LewisSmith looked a lot more like we know he can play first half but fell out the game later on. Unfortunately we still need a striker badly. Teihei doesn’t look interested and I felt the change fir Chucky was at least twenty minutes overdue. Scott Martin had a great game too. Best of all was Fulton. What a game he had!! Some great saves and at least one knocked off the line. When it went to penalties I actually felt confident after 5he game he had.

Seemed a togetherness in the team today which has been missing for a long time.

Drumchapel or Darvel away in the next round please.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:51 pm

Last 16 Draw 18.00 Sunday 22nd from Hampden. A Home tie v Elgin, Falkirk, or Away to Darvel or Drumchapel. But just remember....Buckie....Annan....Auchinleck :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:26 pm

Delighted with the totally unexpected result today. McGowan seems to have made a difference, whether it’s ability, leadership or confidence, it’s working.
I’m starting to believe we might stay up :)
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:02 am

My delight at the result is still bitter-sweet after the on going farce of fans being unfairly banned.

I walked past The Vaults/the lane going to The Bay Horse between 2:50/2:55 and not ONE person was heading to the game.You wouldn't even have known there was a game on such was the lack of football traffic which is inexcusable on a Scottish Cup day.

This is what Mr 10k investment has reduced us to...shameful.

There were 100 odd in The Pub but I left to watch extra time along with another fan from The Sainsbury's End and I have never in my 47 years of support witnessed the home end so deserted ever for a home Scottish Cup tie.

There are pictures on WAH Facebook of the home end and one guy counted 243,although I reckon it was 375-425 max.Dreadful,but it should have been less than 100 as going yesterday legitimized the ongoing disgusting behaviour and slurs towards lifelong supporters.

A big home game will only see He Who Shall Not Be Named double down further.Perhaps more money to bribe wee guys to sit in Section A even although the real young team were in The Bay Horse.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:48 am

I remember we had I think 484 for the Rangers 3-3 around 2010. Pricing and poor form put folk off. If Ye is right then even 578 is a lie. A lot of comps flying about yesterday and I was lucky enough to get one at the turnstile from a fan who's been going since the 70s. His boy wasn't interested in going. Sad we never saw a clip of the Accies section on Sportscene, whose whole presentation of the match was poor, not showing any of Fulton's saves, even his partial save that was hooked off the line. They showed far more of other matches including Thistle v Pars.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:44 pm

If the BBC camera across from the main stand had shown how poor the home support was, it would just have confirmed to the media that Hamllton Accies mean little to the residents of the town of Hamilton, and proved that our club is seen as an amateurish outfit, in comparison with most others in all four leagues. This all reflects on how much airtime and TV time we get on broadcasts.

As long as the present owner(s) of the Football Stadium remain, don't expect anything to improve. That includes yet another embarrassing display by the clown that is still the stadium announcer. Laughing off his inability to see who was being substituted for what team, unable to do any homework to pronounce both home and away players names, and being disrespectful in the extreme.... why don't we just have NO announcer for a game or two to see the improvement.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:16 pm

Accies can't even give Rankin the correct info on our recent history. The last time we won three in a row wasn't in 2008 it was in 2014, with probably the three best results in our history one after the other.
Motherwell 0 Accies 4
Celtic 0 Accies 1
Accies 3 Aberdeen 0

How could they forget those? We went four points clear at the top of the Premier after the Friday night Dons game.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:34 pm

It was 3 wins in 3 different competitions not 3 consecutive league wins
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:40 pm

porcupine wrote:As long as the present owner(s) of the Football Stadium remain, don't expect anything to improve. That includes yet another embarrassing display by the clown that is still the stadium announcer. Laughing off his inability to see who was being substituted for what team, unable to do any homework to pronounce both home and away players names, and being disrespectful in the extreme.... why don't we just have NO announcer for a game or two to see the improvement.

Couldn’t agree more. An utter embarrassment. Get shot of the guy. Constantly getting players names wrong, subs wrong, trying to be funny and just generally being unprofessional.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:21 pm

WAC wrote:It was 3 wins in 3 different competitions not 3 consecutive league wins

I'm not having that. I know that's what he said but it made it sound like we hadn't won three in a row since 2008. Not the case. How often does a team play three games in different competitions in a row? That would be a fairly obtuse stat.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies