Trust Trophy

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Trust Trophy

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:59 pm

Somebody posted a pic of main stand taken from the loading bay, it looked much like the Raith crowd which I put at 550 max. I don't see where the segregation starts, I'm assuming the Clyde fans were in the same stand? Glad to see Tiehi score, keep him in for a bit, what harm can it do we've lost seven in a row?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:11 pm

Clyde fans were to the left of the picture apparently. Home to Q of the S in the semi final.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:17 pm

So we scrape through with a late goal against a team almost certain to be relegated from the division below us.

What chances of any points in the next four league games?

Only glory possible this season is a rare chance to get into this diddy cup final. I’ll be there, of course, if that happens.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:06 am

TerracingTomas wrote:Clyde fans were to the left of the picture apparently. Home to Q of the S in the semi final.

If it's 170 Clyde fans up to the directors box, that seems fair and accurate but no way is there 460 Accies fans to the right of it. Unless we had every hospitality box rammed full.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:39 am

A poor game were seemed to cause a lot of our own problems. But a wins a win and we scored for the first time in a while and came from behind to win.

For their first Easty tried some wild pass that was intercepted, they run in and score. Another goal conceded in the first ten minutes of a half. At that point I thought it was only going to go one way.

Ferguson Owens gets us level after a scramble in the six yard box followung a corner and he manages to force it in.

Then for their second, what the hell happened?! They get a free kick out wide. It’s fired in and Jamie Smith seems to somehow fumble it into his own net when it looked easier to catch it. A definite own goal from him.

Rankin makes four changes at half time and we looked much better second half.

Teihei scored a really good goal from outside the box, putting it across the keeper and hopefully has a confidence boost.

Our third I Dont even know what happened. Just that it was given to Dan O’Reilly after a corner but I don’t think he even knew much about it. Seemed to come off him but we’ll take it.

I thought Lewis Smith was good in spells, has some good runs going passed players but always seemed to want a touch too much and almost cost us right at the end when he lost the ball trying to waste time and they ran up and with the last kick of the game hit the post before the ball went across the goal. Very lucky to avoid penalties.

A good result but a very underwhelming feeling.

Aside from the game, one turnstile taking cash payments!!! I got in just after kick off but there was a queue stretching round to the stand and the slowest turnstile operator known to man. I realise the crowd was poor, understandably, but come on.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies