Trust Trophy

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Trust Trophy

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:03 am

It would be ironic if we get relegated but end up in the final of this trophy. Even at its zenith of popularity it’s only the final that has ever attracted interest and brought with it some kind of financial reward. Never the less lots of us have fond memories of finals even losing to St Mirren the last time we got there I think. Anyway as far as I can tell a lack of interest across the boards for this tie even amongst Clyde fans who are also anticipating relegation and demise. Clyde’s performances seem as poor as our even with a management change but surely we can’t lose this can we. Crowd of 1000 and something no doubt.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Trust Trophy

Postby Billybamz » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:28 am

Did we not get beat by Falkirk last time at Livingston 1.0
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:17 am

Yeah, we lost our last two finals - St Mirren at Airdrie and Falkirk at Livingston. I see Clyde's crowd at NDP on Saturday against Kelty was 602. If that's an honest crowd that means they had probably over 500 fans, which is maybe only slightly less than we had v Raith and they're having an appalling season too. An honest crowd for this will be around 400 I reckon, we'll see what mad figure they come out with.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:38 am

Did we not get beat by Falkirk last time at Livingston 1.0

I forgot about that one wasn’t there can’t remember why.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:53 am

An honest crowd for this will be around 400 I reckon, we'll see what mad figure they come out with.

Judging by the bans getting handed out by the club it will be Clyde fans only. :oops: All part of Mcgoofeys strategy to build a new fan base no doubt. Let’s see how that works.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:40 pm

What have I missed, have there been more bans? More bans than fans soon!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:32 pm

They seem to be working through a list of fans who were in communication with Gerry Strain. Bans from the stadium and lawyers letters flying about. :(
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:07 pm

The shenanigans of the last 24 hours show this regime and the whole rotten cabal needs to go.
Banning fans,threatening fans...allegedly of course and the use of third parties to put pressure on fans...also allegedly of course are tactics witnessed during the Watson era.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:34 pm

Pretty predictable YOH. In one of his earlier Facebook videos Strain made it clear that if he had his way fans would be banned for what he saw as unacceptable behaviour. I suspect individuals have walked into a trap and given him his opportunity. Mcgoofey is hiding behind him lapping it up. He doesn’t need the fans unless they bow down before him. Under his ownership I give it 2/3 years tops then it’s Third Lanark all the way.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:16 pm

From the Clyde site:-

The Bully Wee will be the away side at New Douglas Park tomorrow as they take on Hamilton Academical in the quarter-final of the SPFL Trust Trophy.

Jim Duffy has a number of players missing, though was aided by the return to the squad of Ross Cunningham and Erik Sula on Saturday after recovering from injuries sustained in November, along with Aidan Cassidy following a loan spell at Lowland League side Gala Fairydean Rovers.

Andy Rodden misses out through suspension following his red card in the previous round against Elgin City and Jon Craig is cup-tied having played for Kilmarnock B in the earlier rounds of the competition, though the Rugby Park youngster will stay with The Bully Wee until the end of the season after his loan deal was extended this week.

Conner Duthie and Ryan Mullen remain out, as do Ray Grant and Brian McLean following injuries picked up on Hogmanay against Queen of the South.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:25 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Pretty predictable YOH. In one of his earlier Facebook videos Strain made it clear that if he had his way fans would be banned for what he saw as unacceptable behaviour. I suspect individuals have walked into a trap and given him his opportunity. Mcgoofey is hiding behind him lapping it up. He doesn’t need the fans unless they bow down before him. Under his ownership I give it 2/3 years tops then it’s Third Lanark all the way.

Who is Strain?

2/3 Years? TT, you're an optimist after all :o
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:22 pm

More bans now announced including all the Moderators/Admin on WAH Facebook page.

Oh and The Stadium Bar is closed tomorrow...not that any Accies fans will give them a penny now until these bans are rescinded.

One of The Admin was given a half-price Season Book as a Christmas present,so there you go.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:42 pm

We’re the laughing stock of Scottish football. If we weren't already.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:44 pm

Dundee v Dunfermline game is on Alba. As a self designated “true fan” I’ll be watching that safe in the knowledge that not one penny of my hard earned money will going to Mcgoofeys property development business.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:29 pm

Dogs Behaving Badly on TV ,so that is me sorted and no,it isn't about The Accies Owners lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby WAC » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:52 pm

WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:29 pm

Allan do yourself and your reputation a favour and stand down as chairman. You clearly don’t want to be there anymore, have no influence over Mcgoofey and Strain wants your position so he can address his new fan base from the steps of the Juntas executive seating :lol: :lol: :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:02 pm

Absolute shambles of a club from on the pitch to the boardroom. Run by a bunch of self serving useless tossers.

There are clubs in the lowland/highland league that are beter run/better organised that this lot. Even amateur teams are better run

Is McGowans objective to completley run the fanbase to almost zero. Accies fans put up with a lot but nobody deserves the way McGowan treats Accies fans, especially as many have supported the team for 40+ years through thick and thin. Enough is enough

After he bans all the existing Accies fans, where exactly do they think they are getting this new fan base from
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:52 pm

2 - 1 down at half time, Rankin has made a quadruple substitution so I reckon if he loses this he’ll walk?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:12 pm

And the attendance is claimed at 630 of which 460 Accies and170 Clyde
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies