Ayr v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ayr v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:00 am

So we go again after a good week in training with our new signings hopefully making an immediate impact. Ok I made the last bit up. Apparently, according to the Juntas’ Director of Propaganda, the fans (well the ones who aren’t decent and true) are undermining the club’s morale so I don’t suppose yet another defeat and lack of squad investment will make any difference. This should be a guaranteed 3 points for Ayr but having lost to Dundee and Partick perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for Accies. I made that bit up as well.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Ayr v Accies

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm

Just seen the Raith goal on the BBC, Shiels makes no effort to go over to stop the cross. He is a woeful defender and obviously can't be coached to get any better. Young Owens gets in a weird fankle once the cross comes in. One of the analysts very critical of the defending. Also, the crowd :o . At the game the area around me was busier than usual but it must've been the only area that was - 550 tops. And that was a holiday crowd!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:37 pm

Don't the crowd figures always start with 10 or 11 then the last two numbers of the winning 50/50 ticket? :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:32 pm

Oh oh. Deflected goal from a free kick for Ayr.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:53 pm

Chick Young says a spirited performance from Accies but still bottom of the league. :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Wonder what shi te Rankin and his players will come out with now.

" We keep giving away silly goals"
"Not defending properly"
"We will still keep fighting"

Win rate now down to 10%, no other manager in any other league would survive that. Rankin is the unflushable turd
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:40 pm

Awful again. I just repeat the same stuff after every game. Still none of the things Rankin talked about when coming in. No hard work, no fight, no in your face attitude no attacking football.

Just before half time we had a bit of a scramble in the box, second half DeBolle has our only shot on target from outside the box. That was it.

Positives? The two new guys looked alright but I already worry it’s too little too late. We look like we are already relegated. Fulton done well keeping the score down, looked like he should have done better with the goal though, twitter says it was a deflection. Thought Mimnaugh done alright.

I wonder if Rankin making Dylan McGowan captain today was a message to the board about how poor his existing players are. I’ve never seen a player come in and be made captain right away before.

Another point I’ve made previously which I’d like opinions on. Dougie Imrie has made a great start to management no doubt about that. He brought in Andy Millen as his assistant. An old head, assistant to Gus for years, been there, seen it, done it. We brought in Daz to assist Rankin. Now, he was one of my favourite players through his playing career with us. A guy who always gave 100% and was an essential part of Alex Neil’s team. But what has he done to be assistant head coach? I wonder if things would be any different if we had an assistant who wasn’t a rookie assisting a rookie.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:16 pm

A few folk on FB saying our results started taking a downward turn after McKinnon came in as we had some decent results start of the season:Partick and Ayr away.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:08 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:A few folk on FB saying our results started taking a downward turn after McKinnon came in as we had some decent results start of the season:Partick and Ayr away.

Mitchy we were under the cosh in both games
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies