Accies v Raith

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Raith

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:29 pm

Raith not on a great run of form with 2 points I think from their last 5 fixtures and Raith fans on P and B less than optimistic about their chances which can only mean one thing, a win incoming for Raith. Perhaps we will see the trialist tomorrow if he is still with us? Other than that what else is there to say other than a good new year to Accies fans everywhere.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Raith

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:41 pm

Any doubts about game today, with overnight frost/ lack of sunshine on certain parts of the pitch?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 pm

I can’t think of a worse few days in the history of my team. Certainly not in my 50+ years of supporting. On the field another defeat (not unexpected) while Arbroath suddenly kick start their season winning against Dundee while bringing in 3 signings all of whom started. Talk about planning and organisation. Even Derek Ferguson is now saying we are doomed. Off the field a series of social media missteps further undermine relationships between the Junta and fans. Aside from ticket gate, I saw a video clip of Mcgoofeys’ “Champagne Charlie” New Years bash. Apparently if your a ‘true fan’ you will buy into his vision of a ‘community club’. Meanwhile another member of the Junta says only season ticket holders are true fans. I’m confused as well as depressed. As they say in Argentina “Que se vayan todos!”

Ps Inverness emphatically beating Cove is not good news as we have to play ICT twice and it looks as though they are also finding form.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:37 pm

Is there a point when fans say feck this for a game of soldiers and simply give up.

Club treats us like shit, the team are beyond shit and McGowan slowly but surely running the club into the ground.

Will Rankin see through the bullshit he is being dealt with as well, will he walk, will he get pushed ( unlikely)

As TT said these are dark dark days for the club. The only thing worse would be club going into administration and frankly I can see that happening over next 6 months or so
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:48 pm

They played "Help" over the tannoy as we were leaving. They are actually laughing at us.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:21 pm

Just a very very bad football team. Undoubtedly the worst in the league so relegation is just.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:48 pm

Let's forget todays football just now. Two poor teams with Raith looking a bit better joined up than Accies

It's all the other things that leaves me deeply saddened by the continued downfall into the abyss.

We can't even check the nets in the goals for holes before the game!! Linesman has to have play held up until somebody runs out with, what? some string? a wee sewing kit that you get in posh hotels? How fecking embarrassing?

And then there's the announcer. Unable to relate names to numbers, far less pronounce their names correctly or clearly.
Again, how fecking embarrassing?

The lack of ambition and investment is clear to see. It all smacks of a deliberate policy of managing the Club into terminal oblivion, with administration likely, receivership thereafter, demolition of the stands, loans repaid but still leaving a tidy profit to the shareholders after selling prime real estate to a national house builder.

If we survive next season in League 1, we will be in League 2 within 5 years and gone thereafter.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:17 pm

And they announce the 50/50 winning number around the 75th minute with no mention of the winning amount. The club is an utter shambles from top to bottom. They also have the worst match programme in Scotland by a country mile. I was at the Albion Rovers - Dumbarton game on Saturday and they actually make an effort with their programme. It puts ours to shame and they have barely 250 regular supporters.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:51 am

Arbroath sign three players,score 4 goals to win at Dundee.

Accies: hee-haw, Barney McGraw.

Haven't scored a League GOAL in two months.

One home win all season- via a penalty against 10 men who deserved a point.

Last 13 League games: Won 1, Drew 1, Lost ELEVEN.

We are the laughing stock of Scottish Football on and off the field and in all my years(since 1976-77 season), I have never seen the Accies support so deflated,sickened and depressed.

It was ever better during the seven years without a home ground.That is how low the morale is among our supporters at the moment.

I have never witnessed as many people leave a game when we are ONE goal behind as today That says it all as they knew we could play till January next year and not score.

Where is Vertanen,Ngandu and Tiehi ?Has Tiehi been recalled as rumoured at the game?

Never mind SEVEN points needed to catch firstly Arbroath.That team won't even score SEVEN goals the rest of the season if not changed.

Totally scunnered com
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:48 pm

It all smacks of a deliberate policy of managing the Club into terminal oblivion, with administration likely, receivership thereafter, demolition of the stands, loans repaid but still leaving a tidy profit to the shareholders after selling prime real estate to a national house builder.

I don’t think his ultimate plan is to sell of the stadium Porcupine. It’s his pride and joy and gives him the platform to play big businessman and philanthropist whom we all admire. The football club on the other hand are only one of his many tenants in which he has little interest. He clearly would offload it tomorrow if he could and couldn’t care less what league we are in. All the evidence suggests therefore he won’t invest in the squad this January and if we go down and go part time so be it. Let’s face it even if the club went under he still has Clyde and they think he’s a marvellous landlord.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:09 pm

Stevie they must be following your posts :D They tweeted this a few minutes ago

‘50 50 winner yesterday was Angela Winter from Motherwell’

And to be fair they put the winning number and amount up on the Twitter feed during the game £75.

That’s probably Andy Winters’ mum It’s a fix :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:51 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I have never seen the Accies support so deflated, sickened and depressed.
It was ever better during the seven years without a home ground.
That is how low the morale is among our supporters at the moment.

There was optimism back then that eventually we would get back to Hamilton and re establish ourselves, which we did.
Maybe youthful optimism on my part, which I couldn’t claim to have now.
I can’t see things improving anytime soon, in fact I believe it is only going to deteriorate and just can’t be bothered anymore, which is regrettable.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:25 pm

£75 is pathetic, I've gone over before how much more is raised at Cliftonhill from far fewer attendees. Just shows the complete lack of trust. And yes, bound to be Andy Winter's Mum!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:39 pm

I have been following Accies since the mid 70's on and off going to games home and away BUT enough is enough

I will still follow the team, maybe go to occasional away game if I am in or around the area where we are playing, but that is it.

Can anyone think of anything even remote positive about our club at the moment. It seems to be a complete shambles from top to bottom,run by complete amateurs who could not give a flying fuck if we are in Championship or Lowland league
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:07 pm

I wasn’t at the game so I can’t comment on the performance. By all accounts it was as I expected however.

What I will ask is, we lost another goal inside the first ten minutes of a half. How many times has this happened? And why does this keep happening? Someone more intelligent than my might be able to come up with the stats.

And talking of stats, I’m seeing various being thrown around and none of them are positive. Not scored in the league since November 11th. One point from our last eight games. Seven points below a playoff spot. Ten points from safety. Appalling.

Our closest challenger bring in three players, get a boost and go on and score four against the league leaders. At least one was training with us as was Calvin miller who signed for Morton.

This is starting to feel like the beginning of the end for us. A downward spiral which won’t end.almost inevitable we will be playing league 1 next season.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:57 pm

4 points from the last 39 is the most damning stat and I can see it getting really embarrassing and shaming. Next games Ayr(a), Morton (h), Patrick (a), Dundee (h). Can anyone see any likely points coming from that lot? How part time Arbroath can sign a player still on QPR's books and we can't baffles me. Also no information for the fans on Tiehi, Ngandu and Virtanen. And will Jamie Hamilton ever be fit? We're only the paying customers.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies