Contentious Point of View.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Contentious Point of View.

Postby accie » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:03 am

Are we at the bottom of the league because of C McG or should we be further up the league because of the sponsorship he brings in? I have seen us play at Ibrox/Parkhead and at East Stirling/ Brechin. Where do we belong in reality?
accie
Seaside Leagues

Re: Contentious Point of View.

Postby Euan » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:48 pm

Realistically we are a top half of the Championship side, or should be based on the last 40 years.
We could have established ourselves as a Premiership side, like St Johnstone, Livingston and Ross County with a bit of investment and smarter use of the English lower league transfer market, as they have…but that ship has sailed.
I don’t expect to see Accies in the top league ever again and wouldn’t be surprised to see us go bust or end up in the Lowland league or Juniors.
Regarding CMcG, I hold him responsible for our position. None of the outside investment has been genuine or anything like what’s promised.
I can’t see anything changing until he goes, but realistically who’s stepping in?
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:58 pm

Copied most of this from my Cove Post as its more relevant here.

I've been saying it for weeks that we've 'gone' and we do not have the players with enough ability and fight to stay in the Championship. As said by others, we are a seriously unattractive prospect for anyone in the January window. We'll not be paying more than other clubs so why would anyone want to move to us? It's hardly a 'shop window' to attract interest from 'bigger' clubs!

It wouldn't surprise me if Accies were one of the clubs TT has highlighted. It's a nice way of sidestepping liabilities, especially where repayment of a big Government Covid loan is bound to be due starting from now. Without tangible regular income, weekly/monthly outgoings MUST be greater, and whatever company is responsible for paying those bill, they must be haemorrhaging cash. "Major sponsors" have come and gone with monotonous regularity, without any apparent evidence of cash input in the Club's accounts. Outside investors of any substance will probably see us as toxic, given the recent history of apparent financial mismanagement, with multiple scams for one. Is it the case that we are seen as a laughing stock with the current ownership>

It's First Division football next season, face it, and who knows where thereafter. The entire footprint of the land at Accies will be an attractive proposition to a property developer with flats in mind, and a railway station next door, so great for commuters. Now, do we know anyone that is listed at Companies House as a property developer??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:51 pm

Some interesting developments in Kirkcaldy announced today on BBC re. Raith Rovers possible takeover by Hong Kong outfit.

"Since the club was taken over in 2005 the "average operating loss has been around £150,000 a season", although a debt of about £500,000 has been paid off."

Probably a co-incidence with the dates but in 2005 it was reported
"Stark's Park will be turned into flats, vows Raith director"

https://www.scotsman.com › sport › starks-park-will-be...
27 Jan 2005 — Stark's Park will be turned into flats, vows Raith director. RAITH Rovers director Colin McGowan has told the club's fans to put their money ...etc.

What say you now, accie & Euan? not forgetting TT, of course!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:38 pm

I always understood that the 500k was the money that Mcgoofey screwed out of Raith which he then put into Accies. Where he got 500k from in the first place is open to conjecture. Of course he has remortgaged the Accies stadium twice since which explains partly why in excess of £6 million in rental from SLC has never cleared the mortgage. But whatever he know owns the stadium and football club thro Edencrest apart from Les’s 10%. Raiths gain was our loss so to speak.

Ps where did the 250k plus from our 10% share of Fergusons transfer to Bologna go. I’m sure we will be told every penny has gone into the January transfer pot :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:10 pm

"Where he got 500k from in the first place is open to conjecture."

Do you know for certain that C McG was paid £500K to leave RR? If it's from that same source that was originally invested in Accies, then there would be no conjecture, surely? Whatever sum he originally invested in any ownership of RR is unknown at this stage, and is perhaps irrelevant.

All the history suggests in 2005, it took £500K, raised from one or more unknown sources (in Kirkcaldy?) to remove the significant/majority ownership of someone at RR. That figure may well be considerably more than was originally invested by that individual. Whatever else you think about it, that's a shrewd bit of business, on the face of it!

As to any 10% from the Ferguson transfer......................................... :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies