Cove v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Cove v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Cove after a sticky start seems to have found their Championship feet not spectacularly but enough that they seem more likely to survive than not. Accies apparently want to go out on a high so once again anything less than 3 points is of little use at this stage. 3 points would be massive. Hopefully De Bolle will get 90 minutes and prove to be the spark that ignites his teammates to produce match winning performances. Well it is Christmas guys !!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Cove v Accies

Postby smc4761 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:01 pm

We have played 17 league games this eason and have won 2 of them, says it all.

If we have any hope of staying up we need at least 32 points I reckon amd even that would be the play off place. So we basically need to win 7 of our last 19 games at least.

Does any sane person think we are capable of that, given the shocking state of our defence
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:38 pm

smc4761 wrote:We have played 17 league games this eason and have won 2 of them, says it all.

If we have any hope of staying up we need at least 32 points I reckon amd even that would be the play off place. So we basically need to win 7 of our last 19 games at least.

Does any sane person think we are capable of that, given the shocking state of our defence

Mmmmmmmmmmm??? Now let me think about that.

No :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:42 am

Queen of the South were bottom last season on 33 points, Dunfermline play off on 35. Teams can often go on surprising runs in the second half of the season, Pars finished with 7 wins but didn't get their first until early December. I don't know what's happened to the form we showed earlier in the season when we were close to winning at Ayr, Partick and Cove. A draw tomorrow will be a good result and leave us unbeaten against them which Dundee, QP and Thistle can't say.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:46 pm

This game will be the ultimate test if this group of players are up for the challenge.

Defeat here is a disaster which would leave us a mountain to climb-even with anticipated new signings to come.

Conversely,a win here, beat Raith a home and with new additions, we would stand a fighting chance.

Cove will be up for it,will our lot be?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:33 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:This game will be the ultimate test if this group of players are up for the challenge.

Defeat here is a disaster which would leave us a mountain to climb-even with anticipated new signings to come.

Conversely,a win here, beat Raith a home and with new additions, we would stand a fighting chance.

Cove will be up for it,will our lot be?

Of course that would be great, but you have to remember we have only won 2 games from 17 so far, so 2 wins from 2 games is a bit much, especially with our defence
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:47 pm

Quelle surprise.Just when we think we have reached rock bottom,this team of losers find new ways to instil depression into our long suffering support.

Any other club and he would be out the door.Two wins before January must be our worst ever ratio of "wins" for the first half of the season ?

Currently recovering after a bad accident and would otherwise have travelled tonight, but my heart goes out to those who once again have to suffer this team of losers.I can imagine the atmosphere up there at the end of the game would be heated.

Edited it as just read the Coaching staff were squaring up to angry supporters.If only these tossers and the clowns on the park showed as much fight on the pitch/in the dugout.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:28 pm

Lost 2 goals in last 10 minutes, quelle surprise NOT

Hats off to any brave souls that travelled up to Cove, to watch that bunch of imposters.

Coaching staff squaring up to fans is never a good sign. Lets hear what our glorious leader has to say about the match. Let me guess, "the lads gave it their all, but we made some silly defensive mistakes. Did you know the average age of the lads out there is 13 and half"

Bloody hell and to think I thought Canning was shite and out of his depth.

Think what makes it even worse is that before the season began about 95 % of those who gave their prediction on Pie and Bovril as to who would finish bottom, were right
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:31 pm

That’s a 10 point gap now between us and Cove. Realistically the only thing we can hope for is the play off spot and that doesn’t look likely. Who in their right mind is going to sign in January. We won’t be offering any lengthy deals. I would imagine it will be end of season contracts only. Meanwhile Mcgoofeys mouthpiece spouts the same script ‘it’s only our charity model that attracts interest in the club.’ I wonder if that’s why Nero Vodka got involved. Sorry for the fans that travelled today it’s really hard to see the positives on and off the park.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:01 am

BBC match report. Brief to say the least but there’s a good photo of one of Coves’ goals going in. :oops:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63995728
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:29 am

Ooft!
I didn’t actually think that we could go down but I do now.
I feel a bit sorry for the manager because he hasn’t had much to work with and I don’t know how much he was involved in the first transfer window due to the situation with Taylor’s termination. The fair thing I suppose would be to give him a transfer window to see what he can do but in my opinion our only hope is to make the change and see if we can survive.
On the way home last night I met some Arbroath players in the petrol station / services in Dundee. They were saying that they were well beaten by QP and they thought it was a 2 horse race for the relegation slots. One of them actually asked me unprompted if our manager was going be sacked (maybe he knew something)!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:56 am

Rumours of Inverness about to go into administration, mind you I've heard rumours about us too! If it's a ten point deduction that would put them just two points ahead of us.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:05 pm

There’s a thread on Pie and Bovril about this. Started by a Herald article that in turn quotes a report saying at least 3 championship clubs (not named) are in financial distress. Inverness and Raith are 2 favourites and wouldn’t be surprised if we might be the third.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... -distress/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:56 pm

Firstly, hat's off to those few that travelled in the dark to & from Cove. Hardly surprising that there was bad blood at the end where, for the umpteenth time, we concede late goals. However, even a point was of no use to us at this stage.

I've been saying it for weeks that we've 'gone' and we do not have the players with enough ability and fight to stay in the Championship. As said by others, we are a seriously unattractive prospect for anyone in the January window. We'll not be paying more than other clubs so why would anyone want to move to us? It's hardly a 'shop window' to attract interest from 'bigger' clubs!

It wouldn't surprise me if Accies were one of the clubs TT has highlighted. It's a nice way of sidestepping liabilities, especially where repayment of a big Government Covid loan is bound to be due starting from now. Without tangible regular income, weekly/monthly outgoings MUST be greater, and whatever company is responsible for paying those bill, they must be haemorrhaging cash. "Major sponsors" have come and gone with monotonous regularity, without any apparent evidence of cash input in the Club's accounts.

It's First Division football next season, face it, and who knows where thereafter. The entire footprint of the land at Accies will be an attractive proposition to a property developer with flats in mind, and a railway station next door, so great for commuters. Now, do we know anyone that is listed at Companies House as a property developer??
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies