Accies v Ayr

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Ayr

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:31 pm

Bottom v top for a Friday night Tv thriller. My first visit to NDP this season courtesy of the BBC. Look forward to the rolling trackside Tv adverts promoting Nero Vodka and the big tv in the corner featuring Mcgoofey and Gillian’s pod cast. Now that would be surreal. Anyway presumably Dan is back at the heart of defence and apart from that no idea what to expect team selection wise. The Trust Trophy result may influence Rankin’s thinking. Ayr fans on P and B split on the result but in general seem to think they don’t do great when televised and tend to draw against us so I’ll go 1-1.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Ayr

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:00 pm

I'll predict One to start and Latona, Newbury and possibly even Forsyth to make late cameos. Not that some of these youngsters don't deserve some game time, but this being Accies and live TV I wouldn't be surprised to see them all at some point. 1-3.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:54 pm

Why don’t we just say to teams assume you are going a goal up in the first few minutes and we will start the game at Accies 1 down. :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:47 pm

I quite like Dan O'Reilly but he cost us that. Not closing down at the first, Ricky Foster summed it up perfectly, "no idea what he's doing" . And then a completely unnecessary foul cost us the third. I'm not convinced we should have a goal in first half, even if there's a gap there can still be a bit of the ball over hanging the liine. Would've been some goal too. I thought we had about 600 fans, Accies say 1,167. Aye, right.

*it probably was a goal but pictures don't prove it beyond all doubt.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:04 pm

11 points, -14GD, Arbroath same points but to play tomorrow and we are 5 behind Cove who have to play tomorrow. Not looking good.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:13 am

Face the facts, TT, from me watching Accies over the last five decades, it's relegation again this season withy this team.
We can only likely avoid the play offs, far less the automatic spot by beating Cove and Arbroath in each of the next two games. Cove are already 5 points ahead of us and tomorrows Cove/Arbroath might widen that gap further. Don't see any hope now as I can't see us getting any three points from the others in this division.

I WAS at the game tonight, and we played well, but not well enough to win, and self destructed on too many occasions tonight.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:54 am

Frustrating night. The performance merited more than we ultimately got, which was basically down to bad defending. Don’t know what o’reilly was thinking about for the 1st goal and the penalty. There’s definitely signs of life there but we need to start picking up points soon.

I like Lawson at right back, mimnaugh was good in the middle. He can control a game when we are on top. Tiehi caused them big problems upfront.

A no nonsense centre half would have made all the difference last night. If we can tighten up at the back, we might just get out of this. If not, we are doomed.
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby Billybamz » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 am

We need a couple of decent centre halfs that can defend .oreilly is average,at best ,why wasnt sheena playing ,cause doyle isnt a centre back ,(probably not a full bk either).at this rate we will be down by new year.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:54 am

Andy Ryans’ view of the game here-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-28471877

Essentially we need to stop conceding early goals, we need to defend better, we need to score more. Doh :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:48 pm

The Efe Ambrose debacle just makes me so angry. Was he wanting the earth? I doubt it but Morton have no problem affording him. We are a joke defensively and now we're so bad who in their right mind would want to come here?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies