Raith v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Raith v Accies

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:14 pm

Couldn't make the game due to an emergency Vets visit for one of YOH's prized pooches, but as soon as the team sheet was up with such an unbalanced side(three strikers away from home anyone, although the one striker Andy Winter who can score is played wide)I knew what was coming against a side I rated the best we have played before today.

The Board are ultimately to blame for our ongoing shambles:four successive Assistant Manager appointments as Manager,scattergun approach to signings,lack of communication and taking their collective eyes off the ball are only one part of this continuing clusterfcuk.

However, Rankin appears now like the others:players out of position,refusal to change a losing system,players in the team who should be nowhere near our first team and players on the pitch not knowing what he wants and in what position.

I feel worse now than I did when we were homeless and relegated to the bottom division.At least then, we knew there were extenuating circumstances for our situation compared to now which is down to self-inflicted tomfoolery ,arrogance from a Board who know best and continual cost-cutting which leads only one way.

We are a laughing stock of a club who cannot even organise for kids to get a full kit for Christmas presents,no Facebook page for match reports/Manager interviews and still no highlights package despite having a University Media Department on our doorstep who could do this at a push.

Next up is Ayr who are flying high with the Scout they poached from us.Another case of what could have been.

This time next year,we will have Ronnie McDonald ,Gray and Maitland in the press saying we are the only club in the country with a squad made up of 90% youth team Graduates while playing to Albion Roversesque crowds.

It is enough to make us all weep how low this lot are taking us and never has a support been shafted so much over the years as The Accies support.

Still, we will always have a Cup run...oh wait.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:34 pm

Not enthused to go to the game today so no comments on performance.
Said it most of last season, we were going down, and was surprised that we had a late rally to stay up in the Championship with a poor side.
This season, we are a lot worse than last season, and deserve nothing compared to other teams with the same likely budget as Accies, but who are managed both on and off the field far more professionally. Like many posters, I'm into my fifth decade of support, but even with the wilderness years at Firhill & Coatbridge, we seemed then to have better teams then out there.

There are only likely to be three teams 'fighting' for the two bottom places, and Cove seems to have more fight in their locker than we have. Arbroath probably will not survive, even with their point oday at ICT, as I hear there is discontent in their dressing room with a recenly signed former SPL player reputedly getting £1K p.w., twice what their next best player is earning.

It's a sh*tshow now which can only get worse. Let's face reality. I think we have Airdrieonians to see at next seson's derby games.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:49 pm

I went to see Albion Rovers v Stirling Albion today. A few observations. Charlie Reilly was the best player on the park. I would take him back in a heartbeat. The crowd was only 345, thought it looked a bit more tbh. I wonder if we'll have more than 345 in the main stand on Friday. They'll probably flood local youth groups with freebies to make it look better for the cameras.

Back to Rovers, as I walked in and bought a 50/50 ticket I noticed a sign that said the last prize was for £190. I checked the programme, the crowd that day was only 243. How can they have a prize for that amount when our prize is regularly just £100? Proportionately, with around 700 home fans, it should be around £600. Now that would be worth winning. Does anyone know someone who has won ours? A pal has bought two tickets for years and never won. I think the perception is it is a fix and always goes to someone in hospitality or a mate of McGowan's so why bother. That's why I never do. The winner's name is NEVER announced, unlike at Rovers and other grounds. Run properly, this Could be a nice wee earner for the club & give fans a good incentive to part with their cash.

Rovers didn't produce a programme until last week. I got one today. It puts ours to shame. Just the work of two guys it seems. They give the away side the basic courtesy of an away page. Oh sorry, make that four pages. We ignore the away side. Once again, ours will be the worst in all four divisions. If you think this is all fairly secondary, I would say it just sums up the lack of effort around the club at some basic football matchday staples. Rovers even occasionally manage to film their matches and put it up online. Stirling always do, home and away as do Stenhousemuir. We can't be arsed. I can't be arsed anymore.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:02 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:
Does anyone know someone who has won ours? A pal has bought two tickets for years and never won. I think the perception is it is a fix and always goes to someone in hospitality or a mate of McGowan's so why bother. That's why I never do. The winner's name is NEVER announced, unlike at Rovers and other grounds.

Precisely why I stopped buying a few seasons ago. Far too easy for a kiddy on number to win it and the cash to go awol. Never ever have I known anyone to win and as you say never named or publicised in any way.

Least of our worries just now however.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Billybamz » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:28 am

We were really poor today,awful in fact,if we cant pick up more points before the window opens ,it wont matter ,plus why does lawson take all the free kicks, cause hes,s bloody hopeless at them.
Its depressing.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:57 am

Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Gav » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:18 am

Red and white hoops wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:
Does anyone know someone who has won ours? A pal has bought two tickets for years and never won. I think the perception is it is a fix and always goes to someone in hospitality or a mate of McGowan's so why bother. That's why I never do. The winner's name is NEVER announced, unlike at Rovers and other grounds.

Precisely why I stopped buying a few seasons ago. Far too easy for a kiddy on number to win it and the cash to go awol. Never ever have I known anyone to win and as you say never named or publicised in any way.

My missus won the half time draw when we were in hospitality a few years ago. We were told then the winner is always in hospitality.
Gav
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:45 pm

Gav wrote:
Red and white hoops wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:

My missus won the half time draw when we were in hospitality a few years ago. We were told then the winner is always in hospitality.

Another reason to stop buying this. The club are making a complete fool of Accies fans and they certainly do not deserve us. Followed them through thick and thin since the 1970's but there comes a point when you have to say enough is enough
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:02 pm

Match report here courtesy of the Courier. Even Lanarkshire Live can’t be bothered covering the Accies game and nothing on the official site re the game.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/f ... -to-third/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:20 am

Today on Facebook the club posted about the success of The Fireworks night ...and nothing about the game or the comments of the Manager.

I suggest they read the comments on the Facebook thread posted by many fans as the anger and exasperation pours out of every contributor bar a couple who actually only wanted to talk about fireworks.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:35 pm

Our glorious leader has spoken.Having said that it was hardly worth the wait. He might as well have said, "look at what i said after last game and just change the other teams name." Same old excuses from which we never learn

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-28430108
smc4761
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies