Shaun Want

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Shaun Want

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:10 pm

IMO. Shaun deserves a separate topic here. For one of our longest serving players, from 9 to 25, he has given his 100% of his ability anytime he has donned the Accies shirt. A guy plagued by injuries which often then stopped him having a permanent run as an established first team player, I can only wish him all the best for his future in football, wherever he is playing.

My memory is always him as Captain of a team four nil down at Starks Park, and rallying everyone to not just get the score to 4-3, but to score the equalising goal for a 4-4 result in an astonishing game in Kirkcaldy. Best Wishes, Shaun. (And, NO, I'm not his Dad or his Grandad or related in any way!)
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Shaun Want

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:14 pm

Well said. Good luck to him over there.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:25 am

Yes, good luck and best wishes to him.
A few years ago, it looked like Jamie Hamilton and Shaun would be an outstanding Premiership central defence partnership for Accies.
How times change!
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:26 pm

Rankins’ take on Shaun’s departure in this article

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... n-27875446
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:29 pm

Can still remember Shaun Want playing out of his skin in monsoon conditions at Tynecastle after Jamie Hamilton was wrongly sent off in The 17th minute.That day he looked a world beater repelling the wave of attacks.

Injuries have curtailed him but there is a lot of affection from the fans to him and vice versa.Best of luck for the future.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies