Accies v Arbroath

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Arbroath

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:38 am

I know the league table says Arbroath are currently bottom after 4 games but personally I think that’s somewhat false. They had a good league cup group stage and in the league lost to 2 of the front runners and drawn 2 other games. Given their squad isn’t too much changed from last year, although no Nouble thank goodness, I expect their form to improve as the season progresses. Will that start against us on Saturday, quite possibly. On the other hand can we expect a reaction from our players after last week? Perhaps Rankin will follow through on his threat and play a couple of our young players and presumably Zanatta starts. Draw again perhaps the likeliest score ?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Arbroath

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm

Much better intensity and effort this week. Started the match well for a change. Lewis Smith probably the most impressive in the first half, unlucky not to score with low shot that shaved the post. Tiehi lively again but got injured and kept inside at the break. Enter Ryan One. He didn't score but his general play was excellent. He can certainly beat a man. Great solo run down left to set up Winter, whose goalbound shot was beaten away by a defender's hand. Clear pen and red card. Lawson blasted high, perfect penalty. Then we had a few nervous moments as Arbroath dominated possession for a while. Zanatta, who had a decent debut, set up One who screwed it wide. Perhaps Dario should have been more selfish. One had a one on one(!) later but hit the keeper from wide right. We hung on for a deserved win but had Arbroath scored late on the mood would have been ugly. We need to win more convincingly at home. When was the last time we won by more than one goal at home? Motherwell 3-0?

Best were O'Reilly, Lawson, Smith ( first half, fell away a bit) and Martin. Winter and Zanatta good too. Watching Rankin's after match interview, Easton deserves a credit for a brave, late block.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:08 pm

A nervy end to the game(reminiscent of last season when they equalised in injury time) when we should have been 3 or 4 goals ahead.

Lewis Smith had his best game in ages and young Ryan One looked a world beater when he came on,although he needs to practice his shooting but that will come.

A feisty atmosphere mainly due to McGoofy trying to cut Stewarding costs which backfired as we needed to get the cops in.

The middle aged Arbroath fans started it all due mainly to the amount of drink consumed leading to false bravado and then launching all sorts into the home end...a pen anyone lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:29 pm

Much much better than last week.

Could and probably should have been more. In the end we were the team having to hold on as we were put under pressure and couldn’t get ahold of and hold onto the ball.

Excellent penalty from Steeeeve who impressed again. Probably my man f the match

Lewis Smith more like his old self too, helped by the confidence a good start from him gave him.

Zanetti slotted in well and dropping Regan seemed to help the team.

Teihei won everything on the air and almost scored a beauty when henchested it down and hit it on the volley. Hopefully his back injury isn’t anything serious.

Really fun pressed with One when he came on a half time. It was his good work down the left before putting the ball across which led to our penalty and on another day he could have scored two. One shot especially was right at the keeper when if he’d put it either side it would probably have went in. For all the club talk up the academy I’ve often wondered why it’s always defenders and midfielders we produce. One could be the first striker we have produced in all those years. Time will tell I suppose but early signs are good. The two names to get thrown back at me would be Brophy and Andy Ryan but in my opinion Brophy moved away before really pushing on and Chucky went down a level to come back up. Still never produced a keeper either.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:08 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:A nervy end to the game(reminiscent of last season when they equalised in injury time) when we should have been 3 or 4 goals ahead.

Lewis Smith had his best game in ages and young Ryan One looked a world beater when he came on,although he needs to practice his shooting but that will come.

A feisty atmosphere mainly due to McGoofy trying to cut Stewarding costs which backfired as we needed to get the cops in.

The middle aged Arbroath fans started it all due mainly to the amount of drink consumed leading to false bravado and then launching all sorts into the home end...a pen anyone lol.

I think your memory is playing tricks, Ye. Arbroath were all over us in that game and well deserved their point, although it was a sickener coming so late.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Surprised to see Michael Doyle listed as an Academy product on today’ s Team sheet. At 31, he has been in the shadows for a long time before breaking into the first team this season. :lol:

Or, is it just another amateurish cock-up by Accies? Who, if anyone, proof reads for accuracy?

A good team effort today but as usual we make it hard for ourselves, even with 11 v 10. Still it’s three points. Now the long drive up,and down to Cove next week.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:10 am

I understand the economic argument for putting everyone in the one stand. Over the years that’s happened to a us regularly most recently at Partick but at Dundee, St Johnstone, Morton etc. but when you do this you have got to get seating/stewarding right. The Arbroath fans should have been put up the other end leaving section A where they are.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies