Accies v Morton

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Morton

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:19 am

I have a suspicion that there won’t be any further signings until the 1 August as part of a deliberate cost saving measure avoiding paying additional salaries for July. Who knows. Anyway Morton appear to be in a bit of state squad wise also with Dougie rumoured to be unhappy. So it’s anyones’ bet who will come up trumps in this one. Similar result to Queens Park perhaps. Accies to come out the traps and boss the first half and Morton to push back in the second. I’ll go 1 - 1.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Morton

Postby FerniegairAccie » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:08 pm

First game or not, really is a game in which we need to ensure we are winning. Morton are going to be one of the basement boys, with a very thin squad and hardly any standouts. As mentioned Dougie seems to be very unhappy with their situation. Think we definitely have a much better first 11 than them, Lets hope Imries hoodoo against us continues. Needs to be a win.
FerniegairAccie
Pub League

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:27 pm

Will be interested to see how the free under 18 offer has been progressed, I have not seen any indicators that it has been offered appropriately and fear another smoking mirror exercise here.
With normal sales even lower than last year and no incentives ( signings) to motivate people back I fear the worst and will probably be outnumbered most weeks apart from Cove & QP games.
Football wise agree with Terracing Tomas, could be a dull bottom 5 score draw.
Lets hope for at least 4 x new signings, 1 in every area of the pitch for me & 2,000 new and noisy young fans to liven up the morgue ;) ;)
Mon the Accies
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:47 pm

Montrose week 2 said
Lets hope for at least 4 x new signings, 1 in every area of the pitch for me & 2,000 new and noisy young fans to liven up the morgue ;) ;)

Have you been on those herbal cigarettes again

2 poor sides and a draw for me
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:25 pm

Am trying to be positive,i know we need sighnings,but i think we should be winning this one ,,2.0 Accies.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:07 pm

Accies tweeted last week that a whopping EIGHTY U18 season tickets were waiting to be collected.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:18 pm

Personally I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow! Always the optimist!!! Accies 3-1,good weather, cold beer, what's not to like!! C'mon the Accies!!!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:01 pm

and we are off and running with a 1-1 against Morten

Played all of 2nd half with 10 men after Want sent off after 40 mins. We also had 4 others booked in front of a crowd of just under 1400 according to BBC

Unless we get some experience in this is gonna be a helluva season as the bench looked quite weak; and once we start with suspensions and injuries
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Woo Hoo we’re currently sitting third and I was right re the score line. Given Want got sent off and Rankin also at half time I suppose we should be grateful. Rumours floating round that Jamie Hamilton has resigned. He will be needed once he’s match fit.

Match report here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... 1-27617122
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:28 pm

Jamie Hamilton was there again today but this time he was wearing an Accies tracksuit and was with the other Accies players like Redfern.
I actually enjoyed the game and was really pleased with the fighting spirit the team showed.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:40 pm

A far better performance than last week although we only got going after the sending off. Unlike most of the fans around me, I didn't think the ref was that bad but I'd like to see the penalty incident again as I felt the foul was outside the box. If so then the linesman had let down the ref. Want could have gone after twenty seconds, another ref might have deemed that lunge worthy of a red. Had to laugh at fans losing their heads when the keeper grabbed the ball outside his box. He only did that because Ryan impeded his kick from hand. And I didn't think it was a late penalty either. Point blank range and it may even have came off his face.

We badly need about four signings. Martin injured again, Want suspended and nothing but kids on the bench.

Crowd 1,367 (361 Morton). Seven more than the last home match against them. But was there really 1,006 in the main stand?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:05 pm

We played better with 11 men than 10 and would undoubtedly have secured 3 points but for the penalty.

Great fighting spirit and a good noisy home support at times-like the old days.The new Season Book young team even had their own drum(the old one went missing) and they along with quite a few returnees added to the decent atmosphere.

Rumours abound about a new 2 year deal for Jamie Hamilton(once fit,he can replace Shaun Want in the team) and ex Morton striker Ugwu arriving imminently.

Badly needed as the bench is horrific and severely weakens the team once we make changes.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:21 pm

A good point considering how long we had to play with ten men.

Referee in my opinion was awful. Shaun Wants lunge early doors was correct but his second yellow was soft considering he played the ball into the Morton players face, but it was at least two yards outside the box!! Never a penalty.

We could have and should have had one late on when the player stopped the cross with both hands in front of his face.

I understand John Rankins reaction at half time and can’t blame him for his reaction. However, he had to go all the way from the dugout to within the centre circle to get to the referee. Surely someone from the coaching team, a player or the security guy should have got a hold of him before he made it over to the referee. Even just to calm him a bit and tell him to wait until they were within the tunnel. Basically give him a minute to calm himself a bit and possibly save himself from his red card.

Q and A with big Marko was a bit of an anti climax unfortunately. Absolutely no fault whatsoever to Marko himself or the only Accies boys who done well and tried their best but unless you were directly in front of the stage it was near impossible to hear anything that was being said. Televisions left on and McGowan wandering about the place.
It was really well attended and shows that there is an appetite for that kind of thing. Just disappointed that Ben and Brandon were let down by what I assume was Accies equipment. Hopefully we get more of that kind of thing with ex players and managers though and no more technical problems.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:51 pm

https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_s ... e-roncone/

The above stats speak for themselves as to how card-happy this ref is. An unbelievable tally of cards per game. Today helped him keep up or exceed his average. The FIFA lino should have been more proactive but maybe the ego of Roncone had already quashed any chance of that before the game.

Our team did really well given the circumstances to come out with a point. Last season, the young boys wpuld have folded at the sending off, or been brushed aside all the time. Now we have some battlers in there. However, it looked like some injuries already, though, and our depth of squad will be tested very, very soon.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:03 am

Q and A with big Marko was a bit of an anti climax unfortunately. Absolutely no fault whatsoever to Marko himself or the only Accies boys who done well and tried their best but unless you were directly in front of the stage it was near impossible to hear anything that was being said. Televisions left on and McGowan wandering about the place.

Disappointing but typical Mcgoofey tactic. Making sure nobody says anything critical of him and reminding everyone it’s my stadium and don’t you lot for forget it”. At the fans forum with Maitland and Stan just after stans appointment it was exactly the same.

The only Accies boys should stick to their own studio.Their content over the last year has been excellent and keeps improving as they go along. They really do provide a channel for the fans’ views and in a balanced measured fashion. I know I go looking for their content as a source of reliable information.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies