Accies v Stranraer

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies v Stranraer

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:23 pm

First penalty conceded by Christie McGinn and second by O Reilly both “after fouls in the penalty box” according to BBC live text. We will need to await on an eye witness Porcupine because I wisnae there either.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:17 am

Two stupid penalties aside,that was in spells a good second half performance and we could have scored 7 or 8.

Matthew Shiels outstanding and 16 year old Ryan Low reminded me of Antoine Curier the way he played when he came on.

Still plenty of room for improvement and signings needed with the Ferguson money that's for sure.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:06 am

Shame about the two pens as we had recovered the goal difference after Dundee and gone into positive territory. Still think three wins will see us through. The St Johnstone and Hibs results didn't hurt either. A professional job on Saturday then it should all come down to the Queen's Park game. The Queen's - Dundee game going to pens would help too.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:12 pm

Thats more like it and a crowd of 447, at this stage of season in a cup game, whilst not great is OK. Cant imagine that Stranraer would have brought many through

Same again when we play Forfar and it may come down to the Queens Park game. Just need to keep getting wins to help build the confidence, especially with such an inexperienced team
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:08 am

We're not in a good place if some fans think 447 is a decent crowd for a match like this. Accies Twitter couldn't bear to tweet the attendance. Raith, who haven't had a sniff of the Premier this century, got 1,031 v Peterhead and you'd imagine their away support would be as tiny as Stranraer's plus there might still be some fallout from the Goodwillie affair. For my own part, I don't go to these games because if I go to a cup match I expect to see some definite outcome at the end. If it was straight knock-out I'd have gladly paid my tenner. Might go to the QP game as that, hopefully, will be a knock-out match.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:56 am

When we played Albion Rovers in the League Cup last season (24/7/21) the crowd was 488 so no real change.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:53 am

I've no idea how many Stranraer brought but I think Rovers brought about 100. So it probably is a bit down on last season.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:55 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:We're not in a good place if some fans think 447 is a decent crowd for a match like this. Accies Twitter couldn't bear to tweet the attendance. Raith, who haven't had a sniff of the Premier this century, got 1,031 v Peterhead and you'd imagine their away support would be as tiny as Stranraer's plus there might still be some fallout from the Goodwillie affair. For my own part, I don't go to these games because if I go to a cup match I expect to see some definite outcome at the end. If it was straight knock-out I'd have gladly paid my tenner. Might go to the QP game as that, hopefully, will be a knock-out match.

I know its not a great figure, but I think given that its an early cup game against a so called lesser opponent and all the background shenanigans that have being going over summer, no real signings as such , the crowd was OK.

Lets be honest even a league game against most teams when season is up and running, i cant see home fans numbering anymore than 800. And if we are near the bottom and playing shit it may be even less
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:41 pm

Stranraer had 40-50 fans and to be honest I thought the crowd looked way more than what was announced as the middle sections were busy and a few at each end.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies