David Moyo Departs

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

David Moyo Departs

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon May 30, 2022 11:26 am

There's an announcement on the club website that Accies have agreed to release David to allow him to pursue other opportunities.
I'm sorry to see him go and wish him all the best.
Hopefully this will release funds to allow a better replacement to be brought in, but as usual I won't hold my breath.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Re: David Moyo Departs

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 30, 2022 11:47 am

No idea what’s going on down there it’s a bit scary. His contract had another year to run and I wonder if this is cost cutting. Right or wrong who is making these decisions with no manager? Rankine, Maitland, Les, Cairns?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 30, 2022 4:55 pm

McGoofy??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon May 30, 2022 5:14 pm

Let's be honest, much as he's scored some memorable goals, we need better than him if we're to progress. Whether we'll get someone better, I have my doubts. I can't shake the feeling that the club is being deliberately run down.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 30, 2022 10:51 pm

No problems with Moyo departing...if we get a replacement.Otherwise we are left with the injury plagued Chucky,Winter who hasn't played a full season and the young lad Nicolson.

On a scary note,I heard from a good source(who is rarely wrong) that McGowan has been pushing for Frank McAvennie to be part of any new Management team.The guy has as much Coaching experience as he has knowledge of deep sea diving.

Looking at replacements,I see Simon Murray has been released from Queens Park.He would do a job for us.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Westender » Tue May 31, 2022 5:28 am

Moyo offered so much more than striking qualities which at times were limited, he would run for 90 minutes and came back to defend at corners and set pieces, I think he will be greatly missed. I fear for our safety next season, total silence on the management situation and we are asked to purchase season tickets, its not a good situation, also this McAvennie rumour is a strange move,
Westender
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue May 31, 2022 9:13 am

[quote="YeOldeHamiltonian"

On a scary note,I heard from a good source(who is rarely wrong) that McGowan has been pushing for Frank McAvennie to be part of any new Management team.The guy has as much Coaching experience as he has knowledge of deep sea diving.
quote]

I’ve just checked the calendar to see if it’s April 1st today. It’s not, but there’s rumours, there’s joke emails and this has to be one of them!

Always thought Moyo would have made a good defender. Much better in that position than a striker.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue May 31, 2022 9:26 am

It is but a rumour Porcupine. But then Mcgoofey has a track record in making hysterical football management appointments e.g Anelka at Raith Rovers.

Under Mcgoofeys guidance, financially Rovers were already a mess when he stuck another nail in the coffin by appointing said Claude Anelka.

https://thesetpieces.com/latest-posts/m ... th-rovers/

If this happens it’s history repeating itself but surely Les/Maitlandwouldnt entertain it
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Westender » Tue May 31, 2022 11:27 pm

Cheer leaders will be back at half time for sure , which will keep the half time team talks very short, this beggers belief
Westender
Pub League

Return to The Accies