Taylor Away?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Taylor Away?

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:31 am

I wonder if the only Accies boys have any influence at all. They have secured interviews with Taylor and some players past and present over the last couple of years.

Could they get in contact with the club on our behalf I wonder. Should be easy enough to submit our questions through them and then hopefully another one on one sit down recorded interview with les or Alan or someone from within the club. We deserve answers and to know what is going on at our club short term and long term plans.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:58 pm

When does preseason training start? Is it this coming Tuesday Surely we will get some answers next week?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby BeeMcphee » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:46 pm

Seemingly both McGowan and Taylor were both on holiday the last 2 weeks, not together I may add. hence why there has been F*ck All coming from the club in the last few weeks.

Expect some announcements and clarification soon, maybe!
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:58 pm

Saw a couple of QofS players coming out of the Palace Grounds changing rooms so their pre season has commenced today. Has ours? :?:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:00 pm

So the latest here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... 9RoBDy1HTY

Players back on Wednesday and Rankin is taking training. I’m assuming from this that he will be head coach in succession to Taylor if agreement is reached. However it seem likely that Stan is refusing to sign whatever settlement has been offered by the club and I can see this heading for a tribunal.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:14 am

Sean want quoted as saying Taylor has been around the club during the week so obviously a Mexican standoff. Stan turning up for work as usual and the club has to let him in because if they don’t he will claim constructive dismissal. :lol: :roll: :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:34 pm

Had an email from Allan Matiland and he said he is hopeful of a resolution in a few days.
Gav
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:22 pm

Would Taylor be such a great loss ? It seems like he does not want to be there, so if he is persauded to stay will his heart really be in it.

What we need now is a bit of stability around the club, some certainty with regards players, coaching staff and a way forward. As long as McCgown is there lining his own pockets we will never get that and we will be relagation fodder this season
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:16 pm

Well he is now

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/club-sta ... rt-taylor/

Given the obvious cost cutting that’s going on I’m assuming Rankine is the new head coach with possibly Easton as his assistant? Or will we announce a surprise appointment?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:39 pm

Someone just pointed out that whoever comes in is going to be our fourth manager in three years.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Gav » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:40 pm

Rankin and Easton would be the sensible option.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:56 pm

I wonder if we will here Stans’ version of events. Even if there is a confidentiality gag, where there’s a will there’s a way.
Come on Only Accies get an exclusive interview with him :twisted:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 pm

And this might suggest it’s not going to be Rankine. From Lanarkshire Live

Accies, who returned to pre-season last week, will now start the process of recruiting a new boss ahead of their competitive action commencing next month away to Dundee in the Premier Sports Cup on July 9.

But unless he doesn’t want to be part of it I still think it’s his job.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pm

The situation dragged on far longer than anyone at the club or supporters would have wanted.
However before people criticise too much they should be aware that ST has upset a lot of people both within the club & outside the club.
My understanding is that the club could not afford to pay up his contract & a negotiated settlement was the only practical way out. I believe Accies were trying to head off the possibility of an expensive court case along the lines of the John McCormack episode from a few years back & any public comments before a settlement could be used as a stick to beat the club with.
My understanding is also that ST was not making things easy regarding his exit, but absolutely contributed to his own downfall.
What people also may not be aware of is that Ronnie will no longer be making any sponsorship or financial contribution to the club due to abuse he suffered culminating during a particular match. That is a massive loss to the club - well into 6 figures caused directly by idiots who have the right to abuse anyone, but have no answers when it comes to filling the financial black hole they have contributed to making.
I don’t know Colin McGowan & have never spoken directly to him & have my own opinions which I will keep to myself.
What I would say is that Allan Maitland & Les Gray are good people who have made a significant contribution to the club’s successes over the last 20 years.
Please don’t drive them away unless you can offer a better alternative. I texted Les regarding the uncertainty purely as a concerned fan with no influence at the club & Allan Maitland called me back within the hour & was very candid & open about the situation. I also spoke with him at the Larne match & he told me a couple of interesting things that may come to pass, but I will keep to myself.
Regardless of your feelings for certain individuals at the club, I just want fans to support Allan, Les & the rest of the football board as I believe they want the return of the good times as much as any of us
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby manxaccie » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:48 pm

Dr Slippy wrote:The situation dragged on far longer than anyone at the club or supporters would have wanted.
However before people criticise too much they should be aware that ST has upset a lot of people both within the club & outside the club.
My understanding is that the club could not afford to pay up his contract & a negotiated settlement was the only practical way out. I believe Accies were trying to head off the possibility of an expensive court case along the lines of the John McCormack episode from a few years back & any public comments before a settlement could be used as a stick to beat the club with.
My understanding is also that ST was not making things easy regarding his exit, but absolutely contributed to his own downfall.
What people also may not be aware of is that Ronnie will no longer be making any sponsorship or financial contribution to the club due to abuse he suffered culminating during a particular match. That is a massive loss to the club - well into 6 figures caused directly by idiots who have the right to abuse anyone, but have no answers when it comes to filling the financial black hole they have contributed to making.
I don’t know Colin McGowan & have never spoken directly to him & have my own opinions which I will keep to myself.
What I would say is that Allan Maitland & Les Gray are good people who have made a significant contribution to the club’s successes over the last 20 years.
Please don’t drive them away unless you can offer a better alternative. I texted Les regarding the uncertainty purely as a concerned fan with no influence at the club & Allan Maitland called me back within the hour & was very candid & open about the situation. I also spoke with him at the Larne match & he told me a couple of interesting things that may come to pass, but I will keep to myself.
Regardless of your feelings for certain individuals at the club, I just want fans to support Allan, Les & the rest of the football board as I believe they want the return of the good times as much as any of us

Well said. Far too much nonsense spoken on the likes of Twitter. Fans want kept up to date but there was no way any official communication could have been released until agreement was reached between the two parties I would imagine that, if it is Rankin, quite a lot of prep work will already be well under way. It's not as if he will come in and be forced to start from scratch this late on. I would imagine we will see a flurry of official activity soon.
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Interesting response on P&B to my post above, apparently I am claiming to be “in the know” and that my claim“Ronnie ran away crying because of abuse he got should be filed under garbage”
I don’t post on P&B, but obviously there are people who post their but read Acciesworld.
My response is I have never claimed to be “ITK” with regard to information about the club, I just asked a couple of club officials about the situation and that’s what they told me & I have no reason to disbelieve them.
I would ask the individuals on P&B if they think it is garbage why don’t they contact Ronnie or the any of the board members and ask them.
I’m not friends with anyone on the inside of the club, but what I have always found is that if you speak to Allan, Les, Ronnie or Scott Struthers they will always speak to you and give you their honest opinion.
There are obviously times when they can’t tell you specifics e.g. when ST’s future was unresolved.
I haven’t enjoyed the last few seasons and there have been lots of things about the club that have annoyed or disappointed me, but if something is bugging me I will always speak to Ronnie, Les or Allan face to face and have always found them to be candid and helpful.
Losing Ronnies financial support is a massive loss to the club, but if I met him tomorrow I would shake his hand & say thanks for everything he did over 20 years not criticise him for getting finally pissed off and walking away.
In my opinion he will go down as one of the most significant contributors to Accies recent history.
There is an element who claim to be Accies supporters who seem to hate everything and everybody connected to the current Accies set up, and want everybody out, but offer no alternative when asked what will fill the gap,
I genuinely think these people should find another hobby if “supporting” Accies creates so much hate and derision in them.Personally all I want is to start enjoying the football on the park again, and not have to constantly listen to abuse and negativity towards anyone at the club
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:39 am

Ronnie McDonald may well end up as the Accies answer to The Grand Old Duke of York namely in that he marched us up to the top of the hill and marched us down again.

For all his previously work which ALL fans are thankful for,if it goes really tits up, he will be forever remembered as the man who handed over the reins to this guy who to put it politely-has no business/football experience at a decent level and who has involved us in all manner of dodgy and not financially successful sponsorships.

Handing the keys over to a guy who lost us £450k per annum from South Lanarkshire Council and who cares more about junkies,gamblers et al than the running of successful Football Club will be remembered more than any earlier achievements.

The fact we have lost over half our fan base illustrates this point far more than any post on social media/forums.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:12 am

I’m no supporter of, or apologist for CM, but as things stand he is the only show in town at the moment.
Without RM there would have been no last 20 years in my opinion. He has got more right than wrong during his tenure, but he has done things I disagree with, and I suspect like a lot of self made people he has an ego which can get in the way at times.
I rarely post on social media, but I have said previously it is easy for people to criticise and abuse everything, but it is a lot more difficult to come up with viable alternatives.
I personally have little interest in all the business stuff if the football on the park is okay, &!I suspect most people are the same.
The problem is that we have got to the stage that the club can do nothing right for some people. If somehow we get off to a decent start with a new manager whoever that may be, things will quieten down, but the usual suspects will be waiting for things to go tits up again and the abuse will start.
I agree the loyal band of fans is diminishing by the month, and I have no easy answer to that other than the club getting a team on the park who are winning especially at NDP on a regular basis.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:33 am

Here’s your answer Dr Slippy

Wind up the ultimate holding company of the stadium and club Edencrest
Put the 55% controlling share of Deeka who own the stadium into the hands of the football club who cease to be the tenant of their own stadium
Appoint a suitably qualified CEO with business acumen who truly loves football to run the whole shebang professionally I.e no drug cartel sponsors etc.
Appoint directors who have real business acumen and come from Hamilton. Oh and aren’t famous Ffs
And while your at it Clear off and run Blameless from your luxury drug rehabilitation unit

It’s always bemused why Ronnie Macdonald a very shrewd and successful businessman allowed Mcgowan free reign on the commercial side. Ronnie built up a successful packaging business and sells it for millions. When it starts to fail he buys it back again and rebuilds it. He takes on Accies with millions in debt and by 2010 he has seen that debt cleared. He oversees 2 promotions and sees the youth academy play in Europe and yet and yet why given his business acumen he allows Mcgoofey free reign to run the club and stadium finances I have never understood. By any measure it’s been a disaster. The black hole in the finances are attributable to relegation and The CEO’s financial mismanagement from lost tenants, dodgy tenants, and the bank account scam.

I haven’t renewed and made it clear that it was because of Mcgoofey not for footballing reason. I don’t expect to be back at NDP in my lifetime because he is going nowhere. Cutting my nose to spite my face maybe but I’m comfortable with my decision.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:53 am

That is the choice people have. Go the games or not go to the games.
My viewpoint is that I love Accies more than I hate the other stuff.
It’ll be 50 years since my first match in November, and I’ll probably keep going for the rest of my days regardless of where the club plays. I have gone to Accies longer than I have known my wife & closest friends & it’s just habit now - sometimes it’s great more often not so good, but it’s what I do.
I just don’t understand the hate it seems to generate in some people & as I said previously if you don’t like it don’t come & spend endless hours online slagging everybody and everything off.
It’s still my dream that one day a charasmatic genuine Accies supporting benefactor emerges, but I am not holding my breath.I would rather have an Accies under the stewardship of CM than no Accies at all, and whether you like it that is the stark choice at the moment
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies