Accies squad for 22/23

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies squad for 22/23

Postby porcupine » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:16 pm

I repeat

Still think we are seen as gullible, when we sign players on loan (& pay their wages), when they arrive unfit, and seem to stay that way. Naivity, inexperience from management team, call it what you like, but it's costing us money without any gain, far less points on the board.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:23 pm

Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Ryan One hat trick for reserves in 4-3 win over QoS. Eight of the starting eleven were teenagers including at least three 16 year olds - One, Latona & Black. No idea of the Queens team, their Twitter ignored the fixture. This seems to be a very special group of young talent.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:33 pm

From the Syngenta Fc Facebook page (No I’ve never heard of them either), WofSL League apparently.

The club are today thrilled to announce the signing of Regan Thompson. He comes to the club having come through the youth ranks with Queens Park where he made over 6 first team appearances @ only 16 years old, he was then sold to Newcastle United for £150k only a few years ago, he made almost 20 appearances in the premier league 2, he came home from Newcastle and joined Hamilton Accies for a short spell before coming to the Dyes. Regan will use this time with the club to get some game time and consider his long term options back in the game. Regan has represented his country at all ages of youth with his last appearance @ under 17s level.
The manager said : I have worked with Regan for over 5 years when I was at Queens Park and when I knew he was available it was the only thing on my mind to try and help him get back in the game playing with us, he is an exceptionally talented kid and he will still be in the top 20 kids of his age in this country even though he is playing at our level. When I spoke to our Director of Football he could t do enough to get Regan in the door and it just shows the ambition of the club.
Everyone at the club is very excited excited to see Regan in a Dyes shirt.
Welcome to the club
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:12 pm

Syngenta play in East of Scotland League and are based at Little Kerse in Grangemouth. Well respected Juvenile club who started a mens team about 5 or 6 years ago. Think they play im tier 7 so a bit of a drop for Thomson.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:12 pm

We had young Lennon Pirrie on loan to Syngenta last season. Not sure if he's still with us.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby EarnockAccie » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:49 am

Syngenta certainly are a good up and coming club. Ex Falkirk, Stenhousemuir and East Stirlingshire striker Andy Rodgers finished his playing career there and is now involved in their coaching staff.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Previous

Return to The Accies