Accies v Raith

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Raith

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:27 pm

No Martin or Hamilton through injury and possibly no Easton so it will be all about yuf I suppose. Raith can still make the play offs so can’t afford to lose whereas we are under no pressure. I’ve absolutely no idea what the score will be but glad too see the back of the season after this one as I won’t make the ICT game.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Raith

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:33 pm

Like this season as a whole:uninspiring,powder puff up front and not a lot to get excited about.

The fact the team never got a round of applause sums it up for me.What was more annoying than the tame defeat was the fact the young lads got miniscule game time.

Nicolson,McGowan and even young McGinn should have started.We learned nothing playing the likes of Moyo and McDonald.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:57 pm

I wasn't there as there was no way I was spending £20 for a meaningless match especially when the club has not reduced the prices even once. I see the crowd was given as 1,478 with 297 Raith. Is this another work of fiction? The Arbroath game saw 911 (208) and even that was bumped up. How credible is it that we had 1,181 there today? Did we give a lot of tickets away to schoo!s? Even if we did, it seems the local kids don't even want to watch us for free, if Taylor's interview is any gauge. Was this a face saving crowd, when it was really around 800?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:12 pm

Plenty of people with kids there today using the ticket initiative.How many will be back after that?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Crowd figure are a work of fiction. Full Stop!

Great opportunity when we are 2-0 down and never looking like scoring, to blood some boys Very late on, finally Stan makes a change. Game was long lost by hat point against a good slicj passing side who deserve a crack at the Play-offs, compared to Whistle.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:40 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Plenty of people with kids there today using the ticket initiative.How many will be back after that?

What ticket initiative? News to me.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:20 pm

There were lots of youth football teams there today Stevie and their minders so that boosted the crowd. Good to see. But it was never advertised nothing to do with the free tickets for school initiative that lasted a week. Pity that the club didn’t do a free ticket for season ticket holders but there you are. As to the game itself there was a 15 minute spell in the first half where we put them under a bit of pressure but no finishing ability with Ryan and Winters missing . New boy Brown tried but more often than not he was dispossessed. Second half was awful and there was absolutely nothing on the bench to change it which is probably why Stan left substitutions late.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies