Accies v Arbroath

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Arbroath

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:12 pm

Arbroaths’ recent form has seen them stuttering somewhat. 3draws, 2 wins and a defeat over their last 6 fixtures, see them 4 points behind Killie. Losing points to us on Saturday would I think put paid to overtaking Killie for the promotion spot. But what wouldn’t I give for a play off place so by any standard they have had a great season. Given our financial straits I would imagine the more points we can accrue the more prize money we get so not imo the time to be blooding any more youngsters. Same starting 11 hopefully and I predict at least a draw and possible even a narrow win.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Arbroath

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Difficult game, Arbroath will be up for it.
Part of me would love to see them pip Killie but not at the expense of us losing, hopefully we can keep recent momentum going.
We were really unlucky up there last time, just need to be clinical when we get chances this week as they will create plenty.
Fingers crossed for a narrow win.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:01 pm

I too reckon it'll be a tight game. They won't want to loose so do we expect to see a more defensive Lichties? Even without Nouble, though, they have at least three players who have been banging in goals. Difficult to call, but we've been playing well as a unit so who knows?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:41 pm

After tonight's result at EEP we're still not safe. A win on Saturday and an Inverness win at Ayr or a Pars defeat at Killie will guarantee it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:10 pm

We’re now safe from Automatic Relegation after Whistles win at Palmerston. Just a final push, boys, for those last 12 points, or some of them anyway
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:10 pm

With a Morton win and Ayr draw its almost back to squeaky bum time again. Luckily for us Dunfermline lost again and we are 7 points ahead of them with only 9 points to play for. We have 1 home game against Raith and 2 away at Morton and Inverness. Will we pick anything up from those ?

The team really like keeping fans on tenterhooks
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:19 pm

Ayr and Dunfermline both play QoS Partrick and each other, but could both overtake us if they both win vs QoS and Thistle and Dunfermline beat Ayr assuming we lose all three.
I reckon we’ll get something from Raith, so should be safe but it’s not a certainty.
Last edited by Euan on Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:29 pm

There was almost a couldn’t care less about that performance from Accies. Certainly the second half. That team requires major surgery for next season and the reality is given the clubs’ financial position I can’t see serious investment. As for the crowd u might of thought that given we were looking safe there might have been a good turnout but big gaps all round. Can’t see us getting anything next week from Morton
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:13 pm

Why is he bringing on Brown instead of Smith? Baffling. Crowd 911 so really 700 or so. Down to 500 home fans but unless you've a ST why would you spend £20 on that? No reduced admission games this season is disgraceful. Moyo was horrendous. Hamilton had a terrible second half. Mullin poor though he was unlucky at goal with the ball dropping over his shoulder and the attacker reading the flight of the ball. Popescu hopeless in the middle. Speaking of Popescu, big beaming smile on him handing over the MOTM award to Lawson on Twitter. Honestly, I feel like giving up!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:37 pm

First half was very even but we were dreadful in the second. SOOOOO many back passes WHY?
Nobody will sign Jamie H with him giving the ball away so easily too many times. Mullin poor....Moyo ......Great header of the ball over the bar, but on target???

We DID look disinterested today against a team which wernt that great themselves. One chance they had, and they scored. We had a few and didn't.

If we survive and stay in the Championship, we need a real striker and its not Moyo. He might make it as a defender though. It's a season of real disappointments for me. I never though we stood any chance of promotion, but gane after game we look to be struggling. Also far from convinced that ST has the tactical ability to motive a group of players to play positive attacking football. Mr Imrie, on the other hand, seems to have the knack of taking a team forward. Will we get anything next week at Greenock??
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies