Ayr v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ayr v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:24 pm

NO PATG according to Accies. Link to on line ticketing here.

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/packa ... onAway0402

Going to try and make this one. Ages since Ive been to Somerset so no idea re parking. Where’s the SLO when you need one :roll:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Ayr v Accies

Postby Gav » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:23 pm

Is Alan not the SLO. On a hiding to nothing when the club have zero interest in communicating with supporters.
Gav
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:42 am

Gav wrote:Is Alan not the SLO. On a hiding to nothing when the club have zero interest in communicating with supporters.

^^^THIS^^^

Don’t know if Alan is still involved though … seems to have been left in the lurch a bit by the club ( and through no fault of theirs ) the other SLOs jacking it in …
Also , what has happened to the ASA ? … been very quiet over the last wee while …
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:33 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:
Going to try and make this one. Ages since Ive been to Somerset so no idea re parking. Where’s the SLO when you need one :roll:

I usually park at the racecourse and walk it from there, if that helps you out.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:25 am

I don't think I've been this century, do they still have the big open area of grass just across the main road and a short walk from the ground?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:33 am

Google Earth 2022 shows it still,open as a car park with a height restriction for higher vehicles
/ horse boxes etc.

Like many, possibly first visit for 10+ years on Friday. Had to register with AUFC to get online tickets bur very straightforward after that.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:43 pm

Thanks Red and White Hoops. I’ll look at that. There is also a big Tesco? adjacent. So I’m sure I’ll get somewhere. Leaving tomorrow in case there’s snow :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:24 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:

Racing on Fri and Sat - not sure you will be able to park there.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:00 pm

Good shout, Gav.

I used to park on the main road, not blocking anyones drive :lol: but car ownership has increased so it may be Tesco or McD’s beside it.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:11 pm

Racing on Fri and Sat - not sure you will be able to park there.

The Friday meet is an afternoon one so I’m hoping the race goers have gone Gav. We shall see.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby WILF » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:49 pm

£18 ppv, ffs hope it’s worth it
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:15 pm

Worth the £18 to hear how frustrated the Ayr supporting commentators are - comedy
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:54 pm

Yet again our game down there ends 1-1. Bet it last time, forgot to this. Seems we did our usual time wasting crap and yet again, for at least the fourth time, it bites us on the arse.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:43 pm

Just back. Winters scores a great goal ,similar to Saturday, in 6 mins and we more than held our own for the first Half. Second half was difficult to call with Ayr competing for every ball. Chukky has two good strikes one of which hits the crossbar and the other is going just under it when their keeper tips it over.

There a real stramash between Moyo and a defender where something was said? And resulted in raised hands between him and two Ayr players all of whom were booked. That added two minutes, IMO. We then time wasted a throw-in, first one player, then a second, and finally ball given to O’Reilly to throw it by which time the ref had had enough and booked the last Accie player. More added time.

Ayr were pushing for a goal and on my watch it showed 48mins 35se onds when the Ayr player hit an unstoppable swerving shot (probably one of the best goals I’ve seen this season) to secure a point at the death.

On balance a draw was a fair result, but it would have been a sore one to take in the dressing room, where as a team, we played very well as a unit, and so much better since the turn of the year. Has Daly made the difference?

Even with 2 points from the last four games I think we are safe! But then it’s Accies!,
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:16 pm

The way we started with Winter scoring and Chucky having a cracking shot that their keeper tipped onto the bar plus a few other chances I thought we were in for a repeat of the Partick game. But no we reverted to type and their equaliser late as it was wasn’t the biggest surprise. I thought we were really poor in the second half. Highlight of the game was the wee Ayr supporter who looked about 10 jumping out of the home end after they scored. He ran unimpeded all the way down the park to the Accies fans stood for 30 seconds giving us the the Vicky then ran all the way back ignored by the players and ref before jumping the wall and disappearing into the crowd. One fat steward failed to catch him. :lol: :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies