Accies v QofS

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v QofS

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:11 pm

Queens under Willie Gibson initially had that new manager bounce drawing 1 and winning 2 games but they have lost the last 3/4. I've read that this week their squad took themselves off to Stirling Uni to prepare. Maybe they thought Accies would send a spy down to the Palace Grounds 8-) With the Pars winning on Tuesday, Queens find themselves in bottom spot so it’s a must win. Can we do 2 in a row and probably secure our Championship place? I have no idea we are as capable of losing as winning. Fortunately I can make this one so fingers crossed.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v QofS

Postby smc4761 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:42 pm

Win this one and we are safe for another season.

Not exactly a great season, poor football generally, lowest crowds of any team in Championship, most of the signing have turned out poor again
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:47 am

It’s been a poor season, with little to entice stay at home fans along in these covid times.
The best we can hope for is not being relegated again, which would be almost guaranteed with a win today.
Whether we get one or not will say a lot about the attitude and commitment of the players.
A resounding victory would give me confidence that we’re almost there and maybe ready for next season. Anything less and a massive clear out is required (but won’t happen).
Euan
Premiership

Postby Westender » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:26 pm

You just never know with accies could end up in the play offs yet , I great win today almost guarantees safety
Westender
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:49 pm

Highlights of the game the Andy Winter goal and Ryans’ strike that their keeper palmed over the bar. Other than that a poor afternoons’ entertainment. But a great result and with Pars losing and Morton and Ayr drawing we end up in 6th. Surely but surely we can’t cluck it up?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:05 pm

Lovely goal from Andy, his confidence is clear. Two great efforts from distance from Ryan and a Moyo shot cleared off the line. But apart from that...not much against ten men for over a half. But I still enjoyed that. A very happy, almost end of season spirit in the crowd and some good backing from the fans. Safe now for sure but it would be nice to absolutely clinch it with three out of three at Ayr on Friday night. Still no home win by more than one goal. Best for us - O'Reilly, Lawson and Winter.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Lovely goal from Andy, his confidence is clear. Two great efforts from distance from Ryan and a Moyo shot cleared off the line. But apart from that...not much against ten men for over a half. But I still enjoyed that. A very happy, almost end of season spirit in the crowd and some good backing from the fans. Safe now for sure but it would be nice to absolutely clinch it with three out of three at Ayr on Friday night. Still no home win by more than one goal. Best for us - O'Reilly, Lawson and Winter.

Report spot-on, SC. Nothing to add to this.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:28 pm

Only going to be one winner after the sending off but we huffed and puffed and should have scored 1 or 2 more bar some great goalkeeping.

Way things are going,we should be targeting Raith Rovers and then see what happens iro Thistle if their decline continues.

Of course,this brings the question do we play our strongest team or spend the rest of the season playing some of the Under 18 team to gain experience?

Overall,the season has been a big disappointment,but it could yet end up turning itself on it's head if we keep grabbing narrow wins.

That would be the ultimate GIRUY to our many haters lol.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:35 pm

Our league record since Auchinleck reads W6 D7 L3. Decent. But I recently checked the team we put out that day, what a disgrace! I hope Taylor never does that again.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:51 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Our league record since Auchinleck reads W6 D7 L3. Decent. But I recently checked the team we put out that day, what a disgrace! I hope Taylor never does that again.

Unlikely we play Auchinleck Talbot again, SC, but I agree that looking at the team that day, it was lighweight and the manager may have assumed it would be easy street for us.
Still, it was a different day out, and a result that many of us thought would be the outcome. ST has hopefully learned from his mistakes. Hearts would have beaten us anyway, even had we got through that tie.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies