Accies v Pars

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Pars

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:22 pm

John Hughes was appointed Pars manager back in the middle of November. So far he hasn’t worked a miracle in terms of their league position as they are bottom with the worst goal difference of all the Championship teams. However a win for them on Saturday puts them only 4 behind us with a game in hand. Given they beat us at NDP last time who knows what will happen. Ryan reckons there needs to be a reaction from the players after the Killie result. I recall Stan saying much the same after our 4 - 0 scudding by Arbroath and we didn’t get one. With QOS losing their game in hand to Partick on Tuesday a win over the Pars would give us a little bit of breathing space. I can’t make it for domestic reasons but will have access to Accies tv for this one. I’ll forego the ‘commentary’ and listen to Open all Mikes while watching a silent screen.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Pars

Postby Beardy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:06 pm

This is one of those "must win" games that give me the fear, playing against a team in trouble, a team that are desperate for points. Accies have typically been very charitable towards these kind of teams in the past.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:40 pm

We beat them at NDP, TT, a Moyo penalty. They won the last meeting at EEP, also 1-0. I'll drag myself along. Certainly a must not lose game. If we're still seven clear at 4.50pm then I can't see us finishing bottom. Being thankful for small mercies under Taylor.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:04 pm

Well we came back twice, Moyo got 2 and around us most results went our way with QofS losing on Tuesday and today and Ayr last night but really one point not good enough as Pars have a game in hand. Not that their guaranteed to take anything from that. We are in a 4 way fight at the bottom with Ayr, Pars and QofS and I’m not confident. As Accies tv failed I had to follow as best I could via the radio and social media but by all accounts 2 poor teams. I trust we won’t hear any more talk of fighting for a play off place at the top of the league?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:49 pm

Moyo was Bambi on Ice today, pretty dreadful but two vital goals, neither of them actually hit the net but who cares.Still a very poor display with only really Fulton, Lawson and Hamilton impressing. I include Fulton because of the great save he made at 1-2. Andy Ryan and Lewis Smith turned the game when they came on. If only we had Imrie as boss, still think this one is pretty clueless.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:41 pm

Yes, two poor teams, TT, and only some excitement in the last 20 minutes with both pushing for the three points.

I'm not sure why Chukky and Lewis are not playing for the start. Had we gone one or two up with them, I think the Pars would have folded. As it happened, we gave away too many passes, and sadly neglected the left wing where Kennedy was in acres of space but un-noticed by teammates AND the Manager throughout the first half. Also far from clea what Brown did to justify his place in the starting line-up.

Draw was a fair result given the product that was served up, but it helps neither team. Seven games left to save our place in the Championship, with Away fixtures at Firhiil, Somerset, Greenock and Inverness, with only QotS, Arbroath & Raith at Home. It's still sqeaky bum time, IMO, for us to stay in this League, though I would fancy our chances against Airdrieonians, Montrose or Queens Park in any play-offs.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:16 pm

I wouldn't fancy our chances against Blantyre Vics. Reckon Airdrie would take goals off us.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:52 pm

Meanwhile back in the real world the CEO has secured the return of Bingo Revolution :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-a ... n-26423935
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:56 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Meanwhile back in the real world the CEO has secured the return of Bingo Revolution :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-a ... n-26423935

Stuart Taylor to be on number calling duty, I see. I'm assuming no pigs will be harmed in this evening of fun and frolics. As for Granny Fanny, too...many...jokes...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:06 pm

Nothing to do with Accies v Pars!!

Suggest this thread is removed to where it belongs- "Nonsense".

Yet another embarassment, IMO. :oops: :oops: :?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:21 pm

Don’t Google “Granny Fanny” on your work computer
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:28 pm

Working for Cunard wrote:Don’t Google “Granny Fanny” on your work computer

:lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine