Killie v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Killie v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:44 pm

Since the beginning of February Killie have lost to Arbroath away and Ayr at home, beaten the Pars and Raith at home with Lafferty scoring 4 of their 5 goals, and drawn with the Pars last weekend away, a wee bit hot and cold but they must fancy their chances for this one. Hilton now joins our injury list out for 4/8 weeks but Fultons’ performance against ICT gives me reassurance in that department. Hopefully Ryan and Martin are available for a full 90 minutes. Not ideal but once again I’d take a draw.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Killie v Accies

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:08 pm

Not a single post on here this week or much on Twitter. Season appears over for most.
I have a feeling we could actually win tomorrow. Killie wont sit in and that suits us this season, only problem (same as every Saturday) who will score.
Mon the Accies
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Beardy » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:44 pm

Maybe world events are occupying peoples thoughts at the moment.

Would like to see young Ellis start on Saturday, he looked pretty fast on his feet last week, with Kennedy on the opposite wing they could trouble the defense. Marley seems to be either struggling or is just being plain ignored when out on the field. Might all be for naught if there isnt someone who could stick it in the net.
Wouldn't like to call which way it will go but I do hope they have the empire biscuits back again
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:52 am

Surely by the law of averages we are due to beat this mob after our games,against them this season?

As always,our lack of striking options means we are never wholly confident in any game.It appears to me The BOD are happy to see the season out with the same options up front.However,if we are dragged into a Play Off fight at the bottom,then the cause will be their negligence.

They promised the fans a striker in January.What year?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:05 pm

The Board as you probably well know YOH tells you what they think will keep the fans quiet for a while. From ‘whatever it takes’ to ‘there’s a war chest’. The reality is given the ongoing financial mess the Board have spent most of the season cost cutting the wage bill on and off the park while pursuing a strategy that probably hinges on at least 3 seasons before we are in a position to have a go at promotion. Mid table has always been their expectation. What caught them unawares was just how unprepared the youngsters were for championship football.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:54 pm

Very poor performance against a Killie side who aren’t world beaters but who were well worthy of their 2 goal win. I can only think of one opportunity in the first half when we might have scored. Cross in from the right but neither Moyo or Ryan could get to it. To be fair to Ryan he got a sore one of the post trying his best. Other than that we rarely threatened. Subs made no difference and Killie really wont have had an easier 3 points. Queens resurgent under Willie Gibson have a game in hand so could be breathing down our necks pretty soon. On current form a second bottom play off place is looking distinctly possible.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:40 pm

Worst performance of the League season.Absolutely dreadful bar the first 10 minutes and we are now looking over our shoulder with both sides below us with a game in hand.

If we even end up in the Play Off, every member of the hierarchy should resign for gross negligence two seasons in a row.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:54 pm

Dismal performance, worse than last nights Thistles game but without the excuse of a terrible pitch to blame it on.

Time for a question - I know he's young & relatively inexperienced but what does Mimnaugh offer the team in that position? Lost count of the number of times he calls for the ball from the keeper, just to pass it straight back again and then jog off. Pointless.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:41 pm

Said at the start of the season thatwe could go through this division in one season and I'm not changing that statement now.
We simply don't have the personell to match up to the other teams around us, so next Saturday's six pointer is a season divining moment for all of us. Pars are a poor team but if Taylor doesn't get the tactics right, we could be in the bottom two (or one) in the blink of an eye.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby EarnockAccie » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:41 pm

That performance today was abysmal. The team just didn’t show enough fight and there wasn’t enough quality on the park. I think we’ve missed Joe Hilton in both of the two games since his injury. I think the defence looks rattled with Ryan Fulton returning to the team - they look like they have a lack of confidence in him and I think that’s affected the whole team. And that’s before we get to Moyo not being a striker, and Andy Ryan and Josh Mullin both being played out of position. Only pass marks for me today were Scott Martin and Kieran MacDonald. The rest were oblivious to the event. And Scott Martin not starting cost us dearly. Why we can’t set up with our best 11 from the start of games in their right positions is beyond me. Properly scunnert today.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:08 am

That’s the first away game I’ve managed to attend since Ayr at the start of December. Shouldn’t have bothered. Apart from the cross when Ryan clattered the post in the first half I don’t remember another chance for us. Offered absolutely nothing doing forward..

Mimnaugh, as has been said is awful. How he has so many appearances already is baffling. Nowhere near ready for first team football. However his replacement I’d imagine would be Hughes who isn’t any better.

Lack of decent striker for at least four transfer windows now is negligence from the clubs heirarchy. Apparently Taylor didn’t fancy olly shaw. Well on today’s showing I’d much rather have him than Moyo who never looks like scoring. Even by our standards his scoring record is terrible.

We are well and truly in a serious relegation battle and will be lucky to survive.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:42 am

Red and white hoops wrote:That’s the first away game I’ve managed to attend since Ayr at the start of December. Shouldn’t have bothered. Apart from the cross when Ryan clattered the post in the first half I don’t remember another chance for us. Offered absolutely nothing doing forward..

Mimnaugh, as has been said is awful. How he has so many appearances already is baffling. Nowhere near ready for first team football. However his replacement I’d imagine would be Hughes who isn’t any better.

Lack of decent striker for at least four transfer windows now is negligence from the clubs heirarchy. Apparently Taylor didn’t fancy olly shaw. Well on today’s showing I’d much rather have him than Moyo who never looks like scoring. Even by our standards his scoring record is terrible.

We are well and truly in a serious relegation battle and will be lucky to survive.

Sandie Shaw would have been better than Moyo, ( if you are under 50 you may need to ask your parents who she is)

Right back into the dodo and unless we get a couple of wins sharpish, we are off to seaside leagues
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies